Elections North and South

Started by Farrandeelin, April 18, 2019, 04:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Hound on May 21, 2019, 05:54:06 PM
Anyone know why Durkan wasn't on the RTÉ debate for Dublin euros last night?

Only one allowed from each party but not sure how they chose e.g. Sitting MEP Deirdre Clune didn't make the cut the previous night

playwiththewind1st

Macbeth's 3 witches appearing together on the SF party political broadcast in da North earlier.

marty34

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 21, 2019, 07:14:39 PM
Quote from: Hound on May 21, 2019, 05:54:06 PM
Anyone know why Durkan wasn't on the RTÉ debate for Dublin euros last night?

Only one allowed from each party but not sure how they chose e.g. Sitting MEP Deirdre Clune didn't make the cut the previous night

When does the count take place?

playwiththewind1st

Monday apparently, as a lot of these godless goddamn European types vote on the Sabbath Day & don't keep it holy. Votail DUP, Votail Dodds uimhir a haon, Votail Brexit.

marty34

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on May 21, 2019, 09:19:21 PM
Monday apparently, as a lot of these godless goddamn European types vote on the Sabbath Day & don't keep it holy. Votail DUP, Votail Dodds uimhir a haon, Votail Brexit.

You'd think they'd all vote on the same day.

playwiththewind1st

JPGJOHNNYG

Flegger rent a mob in the bbc studio again for the election debate

The Trap

Watching the debates we all have to vote 1 2 3 in whatever order you want sf sdlp and alliance.
Unionists will ruin the economy to be part of a union that doesn't want them.

JPGJOHNNYG

Agreed. As much as i like naomi having 2 actual nationalists will be even sweeter so I hope Collum gets it. If transfers follow the latest lucid talk poll then naomi will sneak it. If transfers follow the recent council elections then collum will get it. Either way kennedy is toast snd just as well as he has been crap in the debates

armaghniac

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 22, 2019, 12:15:33 AM
Agreed. As much as i like naomi having 2 actual nationalists will be even sweeter so I hope Collum gets it. If transfers follow the latest lucid talk poll then naomi will sneak it. If transfers follow the recent council elections then collum will get it. Either way kennedy is toast snd just as well as he has been crap in the debates

If you are in the occupied territories, get out and and vote and make sure to transfer.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

Quote from: armaghniac on May 22, 2019, 12:18:13 AM

If you are in the occupied territories, get out and and vote and make sure to transfer.
All the unionists spinning the line....it's all about the union.  Worst thing that can happen would be a 6 county pro-Brexit vote so, as you say, everyone needs 1,2and 3 for pro remain parties.

drillsergeant

Quote from: marty34 on May 22, 2019, 12:45:53 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 22, 2019, 12:18:13 AM

All the unionists spinning the line....it's all about the union.  Worst thing that can happen would be a 6 county pro-Brexit vote so, as you say, everyone needs 1,2and 3 for pro remain parties.

I couldn't agree more folks! Everyone needs to get out on Thursday an vote for Pro Remain Parties. Electing 2 Remainers should send the message loud an clear, just like 2016 us in the North of Ireland want to REMAIN in the EU!! 1.Anderson 2.Eastwood 3.Long for me!!

Farrandeelin

How did the PT debate go down last night? Casey seems to be under pressure
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

smelmoth

It the north it's Ussins versus Them'uns and it's Them'uns fault for making Ussins vote/think that way.

Great. Where is that going to get us?

Put it another way- you need someone to clearly state the NI position, you need someone to participate in senior discussions, to come up with ideas, to build powerful alliances within European Parliament and tap into the wider remain campaign within Uk. Who is your first pick?

macdanger2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 22, 2019, 08:09:53 AM
How did the PT debate go down last night? Casey seems to be under pressure

It's not a great format with so many involved tbh, I wonder if they'd be better doing a 5-7 min interview with each of them.

I thought McGuinness came across as the most capable. McHugh did well also and I'll probably give her my 1st vote. I don't like that Carthy is planning to jump ship at the next election but he's very good at making his point imo.

Casey is no good apart from an occasional controversial soundbite, when ask to articulate further, he ties himself in knots.

The other four were a bit blah