Munster Championship

Started by tippabu, June 06, 2016, 08:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

I know this is early to be starting and should wait till the annual Kerry v Cork final but said id start it anyway.

Looking forward to our game against cork this sunday, we've shown no reason for optimism this year yet but still im expecting a performance out of us. Cork have had as equally a bad year to us to date and have had a long wait since their last game. Our game against waterford was a nothing game really as we didnt need to get out of second gear but we did get some valuable gametime to players who have been missing with long term injuries. This is the first time all year we will have our strongest 15 available to us (excluding footballers trying to hurl and couple of lads in america). Im not saying we will come out and win this game but with cork being as low as they are id be very disappointed if we just roll over and give them an facile win. Im still counting this year as 1 step back and hoping next year will be two step forwards when the squad gets that bit older and we get a few players back who we have been missing this year, having said that we are losing possibly our best player after this campaign who will be very hard to replace

On clare kerry i can only see kerry running our comfortable winners, they are well ahead of anything else in munster. Clare have had a brilliant year getting promotion and would like to see them go on a good run in the qualifiers

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: tippabu on June 06, 2016, 08:10:57 AM
I know this is early to be starting and should wait till the annual Kerry v Cork final but said id start it anyway.

Looking forward to our game against cork this sunday, we've shown no reason for optimism this year yet but still im expecting a performance out of us. Cork have had as equally a bad year to us to date and have had a long wait since their last game. Our game against waterford was a nothing game really as we didnt need to get out of second gear but we did get some valuable gametime to players who have been missing with long term injuries. This is the first time all year we will have our strongest 15 available to us (excluding footballers trying to hurl and couple of lads in america). Im not saying we will come out and win this game but with cork being as low as they are id be very disappointed if we just roll over and give them an facile win. Im still counting this year as 1 step back and hoping next year will be two step forwards when the squad gets that bit older and we get a few players back who we have been missing this year, having said that we are losing possibly our best player after this campaign who will be very hard to replace

On clare kerry i can only see kerry running our comfortable winners, they are well ahead of anything else in munster. Clare have had a brilliant year getting promotion and would like to see them go on a good run in the qualifiers

Fairplay Tipp, although you'll struggle to get to 2 pages here the effort is appreciated!

I know if, ands and buts are shag all good to anyone and you may not want to hear them, but it's an awful pity that Riordan, Kennedy, O'Brien, Casey and the other 2 U21s who headed off are unavailable. (Lonergan was one I think?) With those lads on board I think a Tipp victory on Sunday would be a real possibility. In their absence, Cork should win alright. What's the story with O'Brien? Not even on Tipp hurling panel seemingly? Seems an awful waste.

Kerry are only going so-so at the moment but Clare dipped a bit from the League form against Limerick and Brennan is not 100% apparently so Kerry should win and setup the predictable final on July 3rd.

I don't rate a lot of this Cork team and I certainly don't think the manager is anywhere near good enough, so without trying to hex us, I don't see anything other than Kerry winning the title again. It's pretty irrelevant for Fitzmaurice and most of the players though obviously.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Beffs

I agree. Another comfortable Munster title for Kerry. Even more so, as they'll make sure they aren't caught on the hop by Cork, like they were last year.

Disagree that the players and mgt think its irrelevant. As a stand alone medal, it's just one of many others, but a win means they avoid the other big guns until the semi finals, at least. A loss and its into the qualifiers. They won't want that.

Fuzzman

Are Tipp going to provide the first shock of the summer?
They're off to a good start anyway leading 1.05 to 0.03 against Cork. Early days of course as only 25 mins gone.

tippabu

2-7 to 6 ht.....much better team into the wind. Keeping it up and not having a strong bench could cost us but brilliant so far

tippabu

Missed a pen also first half

Fuzzman

Great stuff Tippabu. Hope ye win it.
Kerry beware.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Bittersweet day. Sad to lose in Mullingar, but what a result in Thurles. That will make it a bit easier for football folk in Tipp after a tough year so far. Given the absences that is truly a brilliant win, and having nearly thrown it away they showed guts to get back in front.

I hoped to give Cork a right rattle. This counts :)

Wildweasel74

So Cork Division 1 team beaten by division3 Tipp, think that the first game this year a higher ranked team come a cropper

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2016, 05:12:40 PM
Bittersweet day. Sad to lose in Mullingar, but what a result in Thurles. That will make it a bit easier for football folk in Tipp after a tough year so far. Given the absences that is truly a brilliant win, and having nearly thrown it away they showed guts to get back in front.

I hoped to give Cork a right rattle. This counts :)
Great result for Tipp football after the minor AIF loss last year.

AZOffaly

tippabu

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2016, 06:08:12 PM
That was U21

We lost minor too.

Thought today was ballyboden commercials all over again......still buzzing after that.

AZOffaly

Shit of course. How could I forget? Sure it was the cause of losing the hurling :)

Delighted for them lads.

macdanger2

Great win for Tipp. Guarantees them to avoid kerry until the munster final in 2017 also I think??