NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Surely Galway won't play both games in Pearse stadium next Saturday?

Rossfan

Hoping they move the football to Tuam.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 10, 2019, 07:52:12 PM
Surely Galway won't play both games in Pearse stadium next Saturday?

I'd say there's every chance they will. Last round of the league in 2017 against Kildare was a double header in Salthill with the hurlers league Q-final against Waterford.
Throw in time for the football would have to change to accommodate that obviously.

manfromdelmonte

Two games, with the crowd going across the city on a Saturday afternoon
Idiots

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 10, 2019, 10:41:16 PM
Two games, with the crowd going across the city on a Saturday afternoon
Idiots

Paddy's weekend too.

An Fhairche Abu

Vice chair of Roscommon GAA just tweeted that it'll be a double header in Pearse on Saturday with the football on second at 3.30pm. 1.30pm throw in for the hurling.
I would have much preferred the football to be on first being honest.

Rossfan

I believe it's now confirmed.
Bolx anyway....doesn't suit at all.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 11, 2019, 12:40:32 PM
Vice chair of Roscommon GAA just tweeted that it'll be a double header in Pearse on Saturday with the football on second at 3.30pm. 1.30pm throw in for the hurling.
The problem with playing the football first is that the ground will be every cut up and not suited for hurling. Whereas football can be played on a cut up pitch as it doesn't involved playing the ball along the ground, hurling depends very much on conditions underfoot. At least that's what I was told when I asked a few men who know more about hurling than I do.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Cunny Funt

Could be a lot later than 3:30 for the football match if that Hurling game goes to extra time. Wasn't Monday free that hurling game?

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 11, 2019, 01:51:32 PM
The problem with playing the football first is that the ground will be every cut up and not suited for hurling. Whereas football can be played on a cut up pitch as it doesn't involved playing the ball along the ground, hurling depends very much on conditions underfoot. At least that's what I was told when I asked a few men who know more about hurling than I do.

Ah yeah I get the logic at this time of year, the Cavan match was on second after the hurlers played Laois in the previous double header this year so not surprised at all, it just would have personally suited me if the throw in times were swapped!

thebackbar1

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 11, 2019, 01:55:59 PM

Could be a lot later than 3:30 for the football match if that Hurling game goes to extra time. Wasn't Monday free that hurling game?
The following points need to be considered.
* If the match was fixed for monday, you would be asking stewards to give up two days, also security staff would have to be paid for two days.
* It would be unfair to switch the football to tuam as it had been advertised for salthill
* Club matches have been fixed for monday.

Farrandeelin

Will Horan continue to pick the tried and tested/trusted  (delete as appropriate) or give the likes of Plunkett, Diskin a go against the young Kerry hoors.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

cornetto

With galway v wexford live on tg4 and the rugby Ireland v Wales at 2.45 it willl be hurling season ticket holders that will be in pearse stadium, so can see a mass exodus after the hurling,the rossies will have the place to themselves!!

Rossfan

cornetto

Quote from: Rossfan on March 12, 2019, 08:53:05 AM
We are true Gaels.
Wont disagree on that,don't think even if it was tuam for the football would the galway crowd travel.