Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: whitegoodman on February 25, 2011, 01:32:48 PM
Thats what i was hoping to hear, good man.

Recommend any hotels??

Hotels are you mad. They would take 1 look at a stag do and chase you up the street. We stayed in a premier inn right beside Walkabout, complete hole but it done the job, seem to remember sleeping in the bath but i digress, was about £30 a night.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Archie Mitchell

Try the Travelodge. On top of the Walkabout and on the main street where it all happens. It gets great reviews on trip advisor  :D

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on February 25, 2011, 04:18:09 PM
Try the Travelodge. On top of the Walkabout and on the main street where it all happens. It gets great reviews on trip advisor  :D
Park Plaza on St Marys street is where we stayed ,good hotel and reasonably priced

Hilltresk

Any activities to do in Newry during the day before heading the pubs etc?? Something like banana boating, rock climbing? Ideas?

ardal

Nice wee karting track in Newry, beside the marshes. You'll need a pint ot two after as it's a painful experience.

bigfrank

like i said before im for a stag in leeds in may time...been lookin on google there..we talkin about stayin in jurys hotel..it seems to be a fair bit away from the airport...says 31 min drive on google maps..should we be thinkin of train?? Prob book bus to take us all if its not that far etc....

Hilltresk

Dundalk or Newry.

Anyone care to comment on nightclubs, feeding etc.

thewobbler

We don't eat out in Newry, we eat fast food. Or at least it seems that way as the restaurants are generally shite, while Friar Tucks, Pat Prices and La Dolce Vita always hit the spot (normally about a foot below the chin). At a push, Red, or Blue Print Pizza would do the job if you feel like sitting down, while the Brass Monkey or Bank are sometimes above par - although there'll be music blaring if you eat too late in either.

In terms of heading out, it's a one night a week town. Fridays can be okay in Bellini's or the Vault, but mostly we stay in and wash our smalls. Or go to the Marine in Warrenpoint for cheap booze.

Saturdays are much better. The Relic nightclub if you're under 20 and enjoy getting stabbed. The Vault nightclub if you're 19-25 and like getting your p***k teased, or maybe better. Bellini's for the next age group upwards, mostly with live music although a liquorice all sorts kind of crowd. The Millers Suite at the Canal Court is the catch all for everyone - more of a throwback to your old style Irish discos in big barns in the countryside - and has the feeling of a big wedding at it, with everything from teenagers to pensioners. Doesn't get busy til after midnight either, like a proper throwback. The main bar in the hotel will be jammed full of talent from 10pm onwards though.

Hilltresk

Are there are no strip joints in Ireland>
Business opportunity.

bigfrank

Anyone ever been to leeds on a stag weekend??? headin there this weekend and any advice would be welcomed....really looking forward to it..have never been to leeds and know very little about it apart from what i googled lol!!

Also is there any chance the flights wont go ahead to leeds cause of the ash :( i hear its mostly scotland its affecting but i guess we cant rule out it being blown down to the mainland???

attheraces

anyone been to or heard any reports of stag's in hamburg? got an invite and considering whether to go, what sort of spot is it and is it expensive?
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

sammymaguire

Quote from: attheraces on May 24, 2011, 09:56:06 PM
anyone been to or heard any reports of stag's in hamburg? got an invite and considering whether to go, what sort of spot is it and is it expensive?

Reeperbahn. Enough said  :o  ;) ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

attheraces

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 24, 2011, 11:07:32 PM

Did a thorough 2 minutes research on that sammy, needless to say the text has been sent to confirm my attendance.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Blowitupref

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 24, 2011, 11:07:32 PM

Have been told it's the better/cheaper version of De Wallen.  ;)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

giveherlong

Lads- organising a stag do for the middle of February 2012. Plan is bus from Tyrone early on Friday evening, stay in around Newry (flexible on this) on the Friday night and bus down the road to Dublin on Saturday. I have the Dublin leg of the trip kinda organised but not sure what to do around Newry etc on the Friday. I know around home, Friday nights are dead as F##k now, not sure what everywhere else is like? I'm flexible on Newry- could be anywhere in and around that general direction, but probably the North is better value with exchange rate etc at the minute?   Any tips or advice on the following:

-decent nightspots in Newry area on a Friday night
-cheap accomodation with late drinking facilities  ;D (anything considered)

thanks in advance