The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markl121

Quote from: Orior on September 26, 2019, 11:35:40 AM
I only saw the second half last night and thought Liverpool were very poor. They should probably have lost 3-1.

With the exception of one or two players (Ox, Milner) those B team players need to stay in the B team
Dunno what game you watched. the defence was ropey but I was very impressed with elliot, jones, hoever etc. brewster was quiet but all in all a decent performace from lads on their debut.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Ambrose on September 26, 2019, 04:49:58 PM
Well who'd have thought it the B team/U21's aren't as good as the seniors  ::)

I'm probably going against the grain here, but the Lallana thing has gone too far. He looked out of his depth last night and is probably only another injury away from seeing out his contract. I'd ship him out at the next opportunity. He had one decent season, not good enough at this level, especially when you look at some of the young lads coming through.

The thing with Banana is he has been lounging in the reserves and the recovery room the last two seasons. 2017/18 he played 13 League matches and last year he played 12. Playing so little has to have a bearing on your standards. He is now 31. Also the standard of Liverpool Player 2015/16 (of which he was a mainstay) and the standard today are quite different.

Liverpool's Europa Cup final team from that year was as follows

GK   22   Belgium Simon Mignolet
RB   2   England Nathaniel Clyne   
CB   6   Croatia Dejan Lovren   
CB   4   Ivory Coast Kolo TourĂ©      
LB   18   Spain Alberto Moreno
CM   7   England James Milner (c)
CM   23   Germany Emre Can
RW   20   England Adam Lallana      
M   11   Brazil Roberto Firmino      
LW   10   Brazil Philippe Coutinho
CF   15   England Daniel Sturridge

Dire Ear

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Dire Ear

Quote from: laoislad on September 26, 2019, 06:46:38 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on September 26, 2019, 06:26:57 PM
Where'd Clyne end up?
At Liverpool....
He's injured.
V good, always liked him, but would he ever get a spot back now?

dec

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49824424

Two votes for Mohamed Salah in the Best Fifa men's player award were not counted because signatures were in capital letters, says Fifa. The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) said acting Egypt coach Shawky Gharib and captain Ahmed Elmohamady voted for Liverpool forward Salah. Fifa said: "The signatures on the voting forms were in capital letters and thus seemed not valid."

The forms also lacked a mandatory signature by the EFA general secretary....

Boycey

Was there ever a bigger non-story? Didn't finish in the top 3 and wouldn't have even with the two disqualified votes.

Slow week.

J70

Quote from: Dire Ear on September 26, 2019, 07:31:49 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 26, 2019, 06:46:38 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on September 26, 2019, 06:26:57 PM
Where'd Clyne end up?
At Liverpool....
He's injured.
V good, always liked him, but would he ever get a spot back now?

No hope.

He was getting the door until he got injured in the summer.

Tough on him as he's had a rough few years with them.

Hound

Quote from: Ambrose on September 26, 2019, 04:49:58 PM
Well who'd have thought it the B team/U21's aren't as good as the seniors  ::)

I'm probably going against the grain here, but the Lallana thing has gone too far. He looked out of his depth last night and is probably only another injury away from seeing out his contract. I'd ship him out at the next opportunity. He had one decent season, not good enough at this level, especially when you look at some of the young lads coming through.
Agree completely, apart from the 'one decent season' bit.

Lallana has never been any good for Liverpool, bar the odd cameo. When he got injured , people had the odd misremembering that 'we miss Lallana', but that was all ballix. The only real contribution he ever made was an injury time winner v Norwich, which was a fluke.

But Klopp knows his limitations, so we'll see feck all of him in important games.

Dire Ear

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49862651
Liverpool face threat of Carabao Cup expulsion as EFL investigates third-round win

gawa316

Quote from: Dire Ear on September 28, 2019, 09:20:42 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49862651
Liverpool face threat of Carabao Cup expulsion as EFL investigates third-round win

Supposedly it's Chirivella, didn't have international clearance. Sunderland were fined for similar so would expect the same

Dire Ear

laoislad

Tough game that. Fair play to Sheffield United I thought they were great. Lucky enough goal to win it but on another day we  would have scored 3 or 4. Some shocking bad misses from Mane twice and Salah.
Another win though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on September 28, 2019, 02:24:45 PM
Tough game that. Fair play to Sheffield United I thought they were great. Lucky enough goal to win it but on another day we  would have scored 3 or 4. Some shocking bad misses from Mane twice and Salah.
Another win though.

And another pen not given either on Mane.

Impressed with Sheff Utd though, well set up and great attitude out there

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on September 28, 2019, 02:24:45 PM
Another win though.

+1