Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

TBH i was a bit surprised big Tam was used, he was so far of the pace it was frightening (i know he needs game time to get him up to speed but don't think today was the game to throw him in). I'm kinda glad Boyata got injured as he's a bomb scare anyway and he's running off in the summer (probably to BR at Leicester) thank God. Funny how Celtic seem to play better with 10 men, it's no fluke that they keep performing better when down a man (maybe the opposition come out a bit more and more space for quality players to thrive).
Anyway played poorly in the second half but got away with a win, R Kent was their best player and caused Celtic a lot of problems but playing against 10 men at home already 1-0 up should be a formality but that's not the way Celtic roll, we like to do it the hard way.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on March 31, 2019, 04:39:19 PM
TBH i was a bit surprised big Tam was used, he was so far of the pace it was frightening (i know he needs game time to get him up to speed but don't think today was the game to throw him in). I'm kinda glad Boyata got injured as he's a bomb scare anyway and he's running off in the summer (probably to BR at Leicester) thank God. Funny how Celtic seem to play better with 10 men, it's no fluke that they keep performing better when down a man (maybe the opposition come out a bit more and more space for quality players to thrive).
Anyway played poorly in the second half but got away with a win, R Kent was their best player and caused Celtic a lot of problems but playing against 10 men at home already 1-0 up should be a formality but that's not the way Celtic roll, we like to do it the hard way.

When Boyata goes 8n the summer, will Celtic get big money for him i.e. £5m or does he go on the cheap?

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on March 31, 2019, 04:20:14 PM
Why was Hayes selected and how did he last so long on the pitch? It was very sloppy from Celtic in the 2nd half. Rangers deserved their equaliser, but strangely they started wasting time being negative, slowing down the game, satisfied with a point when they could have at least  tried to finish off a 10 man tottering Celtic.
Celtic win but it's a relieved Celtic.

Hayes played well. He came off injured o think. Waiting on bus home reflecting. Beating them in that manner was better than hammering them. They had hope. Gerard is an idiot

From the Bunker

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 31, 2019, 06:36:17 PM
Why was Hayes selected and how did he last so long on the pitch? It was very sloppy from Celtic in the 2nd half. Rangers deserved their equaliser, but strangely they started wasting time being negative, slowing down the game, satisfied with a point when they could have at least  tried to finish off a 10 man tottering Celtic.

Hayes played well. He came off injured o think. Waiting on bus home reflecting. Beating them in that manner was better than hammering them. They had hope. Gerard is an idiot

+1

lenny

Quote from: marty34 on March 31, 2019, 05:06:46 PM

When Boyata goes 8n the summer, will Celtic get big money for him i.e. £5m or does he go on the cheap?

He's out of contract

illdecide

Quote from: marty34 on March 31, 2019, 05:06:46 PM

He goes that cheap it's shocking...FOC. As Lenny say's his contract is up so he's free to the highest bidder (whoever will offer him the highest salary)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

charlieTully

Should have let him slide in Jan. Ajer was amazing today and brooney has a knack of hun skelping just by the verbal alone. Master of the sledge.

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 31, 2019, 06:36:17 PM

Hayes did well at LB when filling in for Tierney one time,  but out there he was lacking technique and his set pieces were poor.
But I see he's being used as a stop gap player for the time being and hasn't played that much, just 3 full games this year.

marty34

clarshack

Quote from: marty34 on March 31, 2019, 10:33:06 PM
Did Burke not play today?

No, can't believe him or Weah didn't see any action.

Orior

Brown's post match interview is the best ever!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

Lennon will always be a Celtic legend, but he almost lost that with the changes. Ajer is a fantastic footballer. IMO.

Hound

I understand Rangers can't afford to buy Ryan Kent and Liverpool want to sell so won't sanction another loan deal.

I only saw the last half hour of the match, but in that time he looked to be the best player on the pitch (and lucky to stay on the pitch for putting Scott Brown on his arse!!) but it would be some coup if Celtic bought him!  Could the Celts afford a £7m or £8m transfer fee?

Targetman

They could afford it but the chances of paying it would be slim to say the least, Kent is decent all right!!

ned

Quote from: Targetman on April 01, 2019, 01:30:18 PM
They could afford it but the chances of paying it would be slim to say the least, Kent is decent all right!!

Kent played well yesterday but there is a reason he is at Rangers on loan (look at his loan history).
Celtic only spend £8m on the likes of Edouard.