Donegal V Derry, June 1st

Started by J70, May 19, 2008, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Against the Breeze

Would you not trust McFadden with the penaltys VOR?

What way is Donegal team looking at this present minute?

Donegal Danny

The Donegal Team will be Durkin, Lacey, Mc Gee, Mc Daid, Cassidy, Mc Gee, Mc Glynn, Gallagher and kavanagh, Roper, Hegerty, Toye, Walsh, Mc Fadden, Murphy.

As you can see i have made 1 change from my first selection with Walsh replacing Rafferty in the forwards, this because i am hearing that Mc Iver has god tme for Walsh, which was very evident in all the league game where Walsh started all games except the last one against Derry.

Our Nail Loney

Quotewould def fancy donegal plus a few points

I text you those exact words ladt night Charles just before you wrote this durin Corrie!! You just gonna write up everything I tell you?!

J70

Quote from: Against the Breeze on May 26, 2008, 09:00:04 PM
Would you not trust McFadden with the penaltys VOR?

We used to till he started missing them all! :D

Gold

i defo fancy Donegal to win this one

I predict a Monaghan style collapse for Derry--the favourites tag wont sit well with Derry

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Hoof Hearted

Brendan Devenney has been left out of the Donegal squad for Sunday's Ulster SFC clash with Derry while the Oak Leafers also have late injury worries.

A recent groin injury meant that time ran out for Devenney although he played for St Eunan's at the weekend.

Liam Hinphey and Joe Keenan are out for Derry while Gerard O'Kane (knee), Michael McGoldrick (hamstring) and Barry McGoldrick (knee) are all doubts.

Even with the injuries, Paddy Crozier will have some tight selection calls.

Paul Murphy is believed to be pushing hard for a starting place and Barry McGoldrick's fitness concerns could mean that the Dungiven man gets the nod to start in the half-forward line.

James Conway is also itching to get back into the starting line-up after being ruled out of the National League final because of injury.

Joe Diver replaced him against Kerry and performed impressively so Crozier has some thinking do over his midfield selection.

Like Liam Hinphey who has a pelvic problem, Joe Keenan is ruled out of contention for Sunday's game by injury.

Devenney's hopes of playing against Derry were ended when he suffered a minor groin strain earlier this month.

Donegal boss Brian McIver had wanted the St Eunan's player to build up his fitness by playing for his club but the corner-forward was forced off by the groin injury in two club matches.

Ironically, the injury now appears to have healed as Devenney played for Eunan's at the weekend "pain free".

"I felt 100 per cent at the weekend. Never better," Devenney told BBC Sport Interactive on Monday evening.

I was flying yesterday but Brian had already made up his mind

Brendan Devenney

"I'd love to be involved on Sunday but unfortunately it is not to be.

"All I can do now is to keep training away and hope to be involved in our next game, which hopefully will be against Fermanagh in the Ulster Championship.

"I was flying yesterday but Brian had already made up his mind and decided that it was too late for me to be involved.

"It's disappointing after the injury (stomach muscle) that I had last year.

"I played through that and maybe shouldn't have and then missed all the National League. Hopefully, my luck will change."

With Devenney out of contention, Michael Murphy and Colm McFadden look certain to start in the full-forward line while David Walsh is also being tipped to make his Ulster Championship debut at corner-forward.

Corner-back Paddy McDaid is also expected to make his Ulster Championship debut while Kevin Cassidy could well start at midfield with Christy Toye earning a starting berth in attack after some impressive performances in recent challenges.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

southoftheborder

any stabs at who derry team is, can he play both kevein McCloy and Niall McCusker?? if he does, is he accomdating McCloy?

Gillis
McGuikin             McCloy            SML

G Okane            McCusker         M McIvor

Diver Doherty
Big Enda           Paul Murphy       Lynch

Eoin B           Paddy B              Gilligan

any thoughts?

HalfFitHalfBack

Ticketmaster have tickets for the the Eastern Terrace for Sunday's match in Ballybofey.

Does anybody know if the Eastern Terrace is opposite the stand, or is it behind one of the goals?

southoftheborder

good to see alot of talk about the game

J70

Quote from: HalfFitHalfBack on May 27, 2008, 05:25:59 PM
Ticketmaster have tickets for the the Eastern Terrace for Sunday's match in Ballybofey.

Does anybody know if the Eastern Terrace is opposite the stand, or is it behind one of the goals?

It has to be the one opposite the stand. The ground lies in a roughly north-south orientation, with the river goals at the north end and the town goals at the south end.

the green man

Got the tickets. Which simply state 'Terrace'. Any of youse Daniel fans care to enlighten me as to were the 'Terrace' is?

Our Nail Loney

will gerard o kane be fit?? who will be derrys wing backs then?

J70

Quote from: the green man on May 28, 2008, 11:48:23 PM
Got the tickets. Which simply state 'Terrace'. Any of youse Daniel fans care to enlighten me as to were the 'Terrace' is?

In that case, I would think you can go anywhere except the stand, which means the Stranorlar side and behind the two goals.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Terrace is a bar in John Street, Omagh

J70

From Hogan Stand

Boyle blasts Devenney omission
29 May 2008

Donegal All-Ireland hero Manus Boyle has accused Brian McIver of showing a "lack of appreciation" to Brendan Devenney by omitting him from his squad for Sunday's Ulster SFC showdown with Derry.

Boyle, who scored 0-9 in Donegal's historic 1992 All-Ireland final victory over Dublin, has taken issue with the decision to drop the experienced St. Eunan's attacker.

He said: "I'm very disappointed for Brendan. Maybe this was his last year but I know he's trained hard since Christmas with injury, trying to get himself ready for the Derry game.

"To be told so close to the game shows lack of appreciation by management. It's not all down to McIver, he's taking on board what others are saying to him as well.

"The summer is not over if Derry beat us. Brendan is still going to be the best forward in the county and when you don't pick him it just doesn't sound good.

"I feel sorry for him because he's been such a good servant to Donegal over the years and to be treated in such a manner is not right."