20 Questions

Started by Northside Dub, December 01, 2006, 02:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

1. Why your user name - Its so long back I cannot even remember. Probably just picked it rushing filling out some internet application.
2. Favourite all time game - Mayo v Dublin is still fresh in the memory. The 1999 Connacht Final was special as was 1996 against Kerry (especially in hindsight)
3. Favourite all time player from your county - Jimmy Nallen is a legend in my eyes. A big Kenny Mortimer fan as well.
4. Favourite other poster on gaaboard.com. - There are some very knowledgeable and passionate Mayo lads on here. Enjoy the craic with Stephenite. Magpie Seanie and Kerry Mike would be in my best of the rest. Basically anybody who knows their football and who is not just a warm weather follower.
5. Things you'd like to see change on the site. - No need for a huge proliferation of threads on all topics. Keep to the point. More contributors from some missing counties. And a bit more hurling.
6. Player from another county you admire. - Declan Browne. He has given so much to his county out of pure passion. It would be easier to walk away.
7. Dual players. Should they be allowed do both (why/ why not) - No. You just cannot balance the two. It would be great if you could but something has to suffer.
8. Dublin Hurling, IS there hope? From my time living in Dublin I reckon there has to be. A lot of work being put in at grassroots.
9. Best Moment of the year? Kevin O'Neills point just before half time against Dublin. You got the feeling it was going to be a special day and that whatever was put up to us that we would respond.
10. Worst moment of the year? First five minutes of the All Ireland Final. Quickly realised that the dream was over just like that after three weeks of dreaming again. Its amazing how quickly you pick yourself up but you have to wonder has our moment passed? Also having to sit through the shite IR game
11. Breasts or bum? Breasts
12. Breaking ball or park live? Breaking Ball. Ger Gilroy is an ignorant little f**ker and is now getting on my nerves on Newtalk. Certainly doesn't doubt himself.
13. (Situation) Cork v Meath (if from Meath Cavan V Dublin) in an All-ireland final. You have to shout for one or your head will explode. What do you do? Phone a friend to clean up the guts!
14. DJ Or Eoin Kelly Eoin Kelly. Pure class in an average team.
15. What  your own county needs to do to win Sam next year? The first step has been taken. We have the best man for the job in JOM however much of a disgrace M&Ms sacking was. Now find three backs and we can compete with anybody. Then a bit of luck.
16. How do you stop (legally, Meath lads) Kieran Donaghy I have a feeling he could be the next Ray Cosgrove and it won't be a problem.
17. Hopes for 2007.It has to be Sam.
18. Who will win Sam in 2007. Tyrone will only win if McGuigan is back. I don't think Kerry or Armagh will and it could be very open. Dublin should win Leinster. Cork could be strong. Mayo can be laughed at but should be close enough. I think the best outside bet is Donegal though. They appear to have a very good manager and with Devenney, McFadden and Cassidy back they can worry alot of good teams.
19. Who will win Liam in 2007. Kilkenny should. Galway is the obvious outside choice with Gerry in charge and I wouldn't rule it out.
20. Your Gaaboard resolution for 2007. To continue the good fight for all that is good in Mayo football and to be nicer (not nice) to Rossies

keadygal

1. Why your user name  my homeplace
2. Favourite all time game 2002 ai semi final! Armagh v dubs
3. Favourite all time player from your county Prob toal r marsden
4. Favourite other poster on gaaboard.com. none
5. Things you'd like to see change on the site. nowt
6. Player from another county you admire. vinnie corey
7. Dual players. Should they be allowed do both (why/ why not) defo
8. Dublin Hurling, IS there hope? *question for dubs none
9. Best Moment of the year? the 3 in a row or else seeing derry keep tyrone scoreless
10. Worst moment of the year? second half against kerry
11. Breasts or bum? ha
12. Breaking ball or park live? neither
13. (Situation) Cork v Meath (if from Meath Cavan V Dublin) in an All-ireland final. You have to shout for one or your head will explode. What do you do? *question for dubs
14. DJ Or Eoin Kelly kelly
15. What  your own county needs to do to win Sam next year? eh...good mixture of youth and experience....unbiased management.....motivation e.g. to draw with kerry!
16. How do you stop (legally, Meath lads) Kieran Donaghy ........francie wudnt turn down another go
17. Hopes for 2007. ulster, and hopefully hit good form....all ireland appearence/win
18. Who will win Sam in 2007. Armagh/Tyrone/Kerry....hard ta look past tyrone
19. Who will win Liam in 2007. Kilkenny
20. Your Gaaboard resolution for 2007. duno

Farrandeelin

1: My little village
2: Mayo v Dublin 06, u-21 win was great as well
3: McDonald, only started following in 95 so I don't recall BJP or Brogan in his pomp
4: None really
5: Bring back the old emoticons. We could do with a bit more hurling posters but nothing can be done if they don't join
6: Steven McDonnell
7: Yes they should be allowed, look at Keithg Higgins
8: Cousin on the senior panel, I'd like to think so
9: Mayo v Dublin 06 couldn't stay seated or standing at all throughout the game
10: AIf
11: Both  ;D
12 Never watched either of them
13:
14: Eoin Kelly
15: As barney says luck is definitely needed.
16: Brady kind of stopped him so there's hope for other full time fullbacks
17: TO win Sam
18: Tyrone
19: Kilkenny probably
20: To post more knowledgeable stuff I suppose.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.