new order in Ulster

Started by no stirieking, August 12, 2007, 07:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

:D
GPA not ok .  A pretty decent knowledge of Tyrone football for an Armagh man well done. 
My comment was in the main connected with the fact I believe  that Harte will experiment in the Mc kenna cup and play the bulk of the league with the majority of the experimental players.  Young keen eager and skillful players of whichs theres a hell of a lot more in Tyrone than Armagh will get their chance and i believe will be outstanding.  The key players like Cavanagh, O Neill,Jordan, Dooher will be refreshed and many will undoubtedly play their way back onto the team at the start, but there will be less of them than this year, no doubt as this years team ultimately failed.   

bloody mary

I think JQ is saying here that Monaghan and Derry haven't quite done enough yet to merit a rating above Armagh...

1 Tyrone
2 Armagh
3 Monaghan
4 Derry
5 Donegal
6 Down
7 Fermanagh
8 Antrim
9 Cavan

This is the link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/ArticleSearchPhrase?contenttype=-1&articlesortby=DateUploaded&phrase=Gaelic%20games

nrico2006

A few switches:

1 Tyrone
2 Armagh
3 Monaghan
4 Derry
5 Donegal
6 Fermanagh
7 Down
8 Cavan
9 Antrim
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Uladh

Not far away but Derry are a better team than Monaghan

1 Tyrone
2 Armagh
3 Derry
4 Monaghan 
5 Donegal
6 Fermanagh
7 Down
8 Cavan
9 Antrim

amallon

Id'd go with the following.  I wouldn't have much conviction in having Down above Fermanagh or Monaghan above Derry. 

1 Tyrone
2 Armagh
3 Monaghan 
4 Derry
5 Donegal
6 Down
7 Fermanagh
8 Cavan
9 Antrim
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

fer fox ache

Derry've beaten Armagh the last three times they played them Celtic Park last year with 14 men, Cross this season and then Clones in the summer, reckon that puts us above them. I'd rate Monaghan above us and Tyrone in first place.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: amallon on August 15, 2007, 04:12:29 PM
Id'd go with the following.  I wouldn't have much conviction in having Down above Fermanagh or Monaghan above Derry. 

1 Tyrone
2 Armagh
3 Monaghan 
4 Derry
5 Donegal
6 Down
7 Fermanagh
8 Cavan
9 Antrim

As a Cavan man I can't really argue with our lowly position on those rating except to say that the leagues that each of the ulster teams are in are interesting for '08.

Tyrone - Div 1
Armagh - Div 2
Monaghan - Div 2 
Derry - Div 1
Donegal - Div 1
Down - Div 3
Fermanagh - Div 3
Cavan - Div 2
Antrim - Div 4

BallyhaiseMan

1.Tyrone
2.Armagh
3.Monaghan
4.Derry
5.Donegal
6.Down
7.Fermanagh
8.Cavan
9.Antrim

would be mine aswell.
dont think we can complain about being ranked 8 out of 9,
Antrim could argue that after their Tommy Murphy Cup run they deserve to be rated higher than us.

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 15, 2007, 10:54:00 PM
1.Tyrone
2.Armagh
3.Monaghan
4.Derry
5.Donegal
6.Down
7.Fermanagh
8.Cavan
9.Antrim

would be mine aswell.
dont think we can complain about being ranked 8 out of 9,
Antrim could argue that after their Tommy Murphy Cup run they deserve to be rated higher than us.

Think Tyrone are still the top team followed by Monaghan, Derry and Armagh who are all relatively close and its a close call, would have Fermanagh above Down but would agree with Cavan and Antrim as 8 & 9

orangeman

Given all of Armagh's titles, would Armagh not be ahead of Tyrone ?

Uladh

I think these are personal opinions on the stength of each team right now, with everyone fit. i'd put tyrone just ahead of armagh with both at full power. derry aren't far behind.