Casement Robbery

Started by cville, June 25, 2007, 09:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cville

Sad, Sad, Sad But you would think though that Securicor or the likes would have been employed given the cash involved in an Ulster semi. One fears that Casement will be the loser in all this. I was at the Tyrone Down game in 1984 when the place was robbed also. The ground didn't get a big game for years.

Bensars

Appears it was Declan O Neill.  Scumbags . Brave boys taking a hammer to a pensioner

MONDAY 25/06/2007 08:07:25 

GAA official beaten and robbed

A GAA official has been attacked and robbed near Dungannon, County Tyrone.
By:UTV and Press Association   

The Ulster Council member was transporting money from the Derry versus Monaghan game at Casement Park in west Belfast when the incident happened at the Eglish roundabout yesterday afternoon.

Police said it appeared the two hijackers used traffic cones to slow the black Laguna vehicle, flung open the driver`s door and beat the occupant around the legs with hammers to force him from the vehicle.

One hijacker got behind the wheel of the Laguna and made off back down the motorway on the Belfast bound carriageway followed by his accomplice in a red Peugeot 207.

The victim was treated at the scene by a police doctor.

A police spokeswoman said the hijackers got away with a substantial amount of money.

One of the attackers was described as being in his mid 30s and wearing a grey anorak and black woolly hat.

Northern Ireland Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness has condemned the hijacking and robbery and called on anyone with information about it to contact the police.

The Sinn Fein MP said: "This was a disgraceful and senseless attack and I wish to send my best wishes to the GAA official and would ask anyone with information to contact the PSNI."

Lecale2

Nothing to do with Casement FFS! The scumbags carried out the robbery in Dungannon. Time for a review of security arrangements. Securicor are expensive and I can't see the GAA using them. I hope the official wasn't too badly hurt and gets well.

cville

Ref: Dungannon / Casement scenario .... it will be interesting to see where the car will be recovered!

Hound

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 25, 2007, 09:36:17 AM
Time for a review of security arrangements. Securicor are expensive and I can't see the GAA using them. I hope the official wasn't too badly hurt and gets well.
I wouldnt imagine the official involved thinks securicor are too expensive.

Extraordinary that the takings from an intercounty Ulster championship match would be carried around in someone's car.

Drumanee 1

do on to you what you have done on to others,£17 in,but seriously hope the man involved was not badly hurt

Deal_Me_In

People, before just starting new threads randomly can you please check at least the first page or two, to make sure the topic isn't already started as is the case here. This was on the first page already

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=3396.0

orangeman

Declan O'Neill from Omagh ? Where was he going to with the money ?

It seems rdiculous that someone would be sent with all that money ( all the takings ) in a car ?????????