dubs in the pubs (again)

Started by criostlinn, June 24, 2007, 03:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Bord na Mona man

I'd love to see the games start in time to send out the message to the booze hounds that they won't be catered for.
However I'd say it would probably get nasty for the poor unfortunate ticket scanners and stewards when a few yobs realise they'll be missing the first few minutes. They'd probably be getting dog's abuse and some idiots might start trying to vault the open turnstiles like the ones at the side of the Hogan.

There were enough people in the ground at 4pm to start the game today. The majority of the rest (aside from people who would have a genuine reason to be late) weren't overly interest enough. The players, tv viewers and people who turn up on time shouldn't be inconvenienced. It wasn't just Dubs, as the thread title may imply, as there were plenty of Offaly people in late too as well, clearly having fortified themselves in the pubs. It's just that when a percentage of Dublin fans arrive late, it causes a big backlog at the stiles because of the volume of fans they have.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2007, 07:24:48 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 24, 2007, 07:22:03 PM
so every Dublin football fan is a cokehead now? I'm a dublin football fan and i can assure you i'm not  acoke head. Of course if i said the same about one of your counties it would be different of course. It's  pity the level of debate here is constantly dragged down by numbskulls (like laois lad) and the other tulips here. The lack of intervention by the Administrators of course doesn't help.

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment! Don't you understand irony? Laois Lad can correct me if I'm wrong, but he was making a smart-assed comment in relation to the indo hype, not saying that all dubs are cokeheads.

J70 is right i only meant it as a tongue in cheek joke.My girlfriend is a Dub and one of their biggest followers and im not calling her a smackhead or that everyone who folllows Dublin are druggies it was just a bit of slagging
Jaysis lighten up will ya Indiana
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Dinny Breen

In fairness it is a Health and Safety issue, the two previous times there was no issue because the Dubs were part of a double header and a lot of fans try to get in at least for the second half of the first game, of course today there was no double header. If any county had such volume of support most games would be delayed as they have in the past be it in Clones, Thurles or Salthill where there has been delayed games because of crowd congestion..

So for once leave the cheeky dubs alone, you know how precious they get..
#newbridgeornowhere

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ONeill

Paranoid, irritation, irrational, angry....cold turkey must be a real bastard Indiana.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 24, 2007, 07:35:02 PM

J70 is right i only meant it as a tongue in cheek joke.My girlfriend is a Dub and one of their biggest followers and im not calling her a smackhead or that everyone who folllows Dublin are druggies it was just a bit of slagging
Jaysis lighten up will ya Indiana

Don' t you mean, your ex-girlfriend?  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

The Real Laoislad

She might be my Ex if the cheeky Dubs beat us in the Leinster Final again(if we get to it that is)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bud Wiser

They renamed the Canal End to the Davin Stand before we knew it, now they are thinking of calling the ground Coke Park :'(

As for the supporters turning up late, me thinks they get this attitude from the Dubs team coming out late after half time and leaving the poor ref and the other team standing at the ready for up to five minutes while they employ this tactic.  Next we will have RTE filling in with extracts of South Park during add breaks to get everyone up to speed.  (OOps, sorry, should not have mentioned speed)

Over the Bar

Quotethey were probably waiting for their dealers to get their coke off them

Either that or busy beating their wives before heading to the game with a hangover from a 2 week binge! :P

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 24, 2007, 07:46:31 PM
In fairness it is a Health and Safety issue, the two previous times there was no issue because the Dubs were part of a double header and a lot of fans try to get in at least for the second half of the first game, of course today there was no double header. If any county had such volume of support most games would be delayed as they have in the past be it in Clones, Thurles or Salthill where there has been delayed games because of crowd congestion..

I think the best solution is to do what they do for rugby internationals. Drag out the ceremonies at the beginning a bit, and start the game 5 or 6 minutes late with no announcement - by which time almost everyone is in.

Hardy

Joe Brolly said we (well, Colm O'Rourke) shouldn't be getting all overwrought and excited about it. We're supposed to be enjoying ourselves and what's wrong with a pint or two of a Sunday afternoon and sure what harm if the thing starts a few minute late?

As far as I could make out, the latecomers were the same crowd who were at the fight on Saturday night. I'm guessing they probably pub-crawled their way up from the quays to Croke Park. They carry-on was much the same anyway – booing the other lad just for being the other lad. Am I the only one in the country who wanted to see the gutsy little Viking plant that cocky bollix on his arse, if only to silence the olé-olé merchants and boorish so-called Irish sports fans? Gobshites.

tayto

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 24, 2007, 07:46:31 PM

Ah here, less of that common sense, there's lads trying to slag us cheeky dubs here and you're ruining it for everyone.  :P

Armamike

Disgraceful that they're still allowed to hold up the start time.  Stuff them, let the games start on time and next time they might get out the pubs a bit earlier.
That's just, like your opinion man.

tayto

disgraceful, oh will you give over, lighten up.