Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Quote from: J70 on February 16, 2024, 03:27:49 PMI'm amazed he lasted this long.

What does Tucker have to say?
Tucker is too overcome by the quality of Moscow's subways to make any comment.

Eire90

navlny was no saint either isnt he a ultra nationalists

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2024, 03:39:42 PMVery sad news.  Puting is like the reincarnation of Stalin

Putin is that alright, but what is Genocide Joe and the rest of the Zionist enablers in the west.

Their condemnation of Russia for the death of Alexei Navalny rings hollow and Putin knows it.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on February 16, 2024, 04:48:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2024, 03:39:42 PMVery sad news.  Puting is like the reincarnation of Stalin

Putin is that alright, but what is Genocide Joe and the rest of the Zionist enablers in the west.

Their condemnation of Russia for the death of Alexei Navalny rings hollow and Putin knows it.

Navalny and Gaza are both linked to the Eastern front in WW2. Putin and Neanyahu are the same. Group trauma.

Main Street

Quote from: Eire90 on February 16, 2024, 04:45:27 PMnavlny was no saint either isnt he a ultra nationalists
Thats an oft repeated Kremlin trope. Once upon a time he aligned his party with the ultras, then he dealigned his party and they went their own way.
No saint but he was a tough nut.

ThomasMullan

How casually Russians admit to war crimes, this is why Ukraine fights and will not give up their countrymen in occupied Ukraine.

Those westerners calling for a fake 'peace' (you know who you are) should hang their heads in shame.

https://x.com/natalkakyiv/status/1760154124958449971?s=46

theskull1

The black and white world of TM
One side noble and good/The other despicable and bad

Only a child perceives war in this way. Personally I can't think of a war where there wasn't atrocities on both sides?

This is a US proxy war and Ukrainians are sadly paying a very heavy price.   
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ThomasMullan

Quote from: theskull1 on February 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AMThe black and white world of TM

Only a child perceives war in this way. Personally I can't think of a war where there wasn't atrocities on both sides?

Ooh, the 'You know who you are' really touched a nerve there.

In the sad sad world of TheSkull1, Ukrainians and their lives, hopes and dreams and aspirations don't count. They don't even exist.

Nor do the Lithuanians, Latvians, Estonians and all the others who have suffered for centuries under the Russians.

Russia, a fascist imperial dictatorship, invaded its peaceful sovereign neighbour and is attempting to erase it but it's all so complicated for Skull to understand.

Armagh18

Quote from: theskull1 on February 21, 2024, 09:45:43 AMThe black and white world of TM

Same as most conflicts since 1945.

ThomasMullan

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 21, 2024, 10:12:59 AM

Same as most conflicts since 1945.

'US proxy war' in terms of Ukraine is straight unadulterated Kremlin propaganda. Unsurprising lapped up by the usual suspects. Ukrainians don't even exist to you.

armaghniac

So this is the " both sides are as bad as each other" argument, the invaded are on a par with the invaders?

QuoteThis is a US proxy war

Ah yes, in the same way as the Windsor Protocol is just Brussels interfering and coercing the Irish people who actually did want a border on the island before those autocrats forced them to do otherwise. 

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ThomasMullan

So this is the " both sides are as bad as each other" argument, the invaded are on a par with the invaders?

Some on here do indeed need reminded who invaded who. And that was in 2014, let's not forget.

And if you think Russia gives a hoot about Russian speakers/ethnic Russians in Ukraine then I suggest you watch '21 Days in Mariupol'. If you can stomach it.

ThomasMullan

Russian military blogger 'Murz' who recently scathingly reported that at least 16k Russian soldiers died to take the ruins of Avdiivka has been suicided by Russia.

Who is next? Girkin? I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

Emmett Greene

While the eyes of the world are on the horror in Gaza, let's not forget that Russia is continuing to inflict death and suffering on the citizens of Ukraine.

Odesa in particular (a Russian city, inhabited by Russians that need to be liberated, according to Russia) is being bombarded nightly by Iranian Shahed suicide drones. The civilian population are the target and sometimes mighty Russia and Iran score a huge success and get a hit. Like on Sunday when they murdered 12 people, 5 of whom were children:
4 month old Tymofiy
7 month old Lisa
3 year old Mark
11 year old Zlata
9 year old Sergiy

This little child went to bed on Saturday evening in his Batman pyjamas. He never woke up, crushed in his sleep. Hopefully he didn't suffer.

Warning: Graphic.

https://x.com/mykhailorohoza/status/1764415552494186628?s=46

I suggest you don't click on the Twitter link above. The image will break your heart, even if we're all numb with the constant images of war and death we see these days.

But while all our eyes are the terrible suffering in Gaza, don't forget what Russia is continuing to inflict on Ukraine, day in, day out, for over 2 years.

Emmett Greene

Massacre ongoing in Moscow as at least 4 gunmen attack a concert hall killing everything in sight. Roof is on fire.

I've put this in the Russia invades Ukraine thread as it won't be hard to guess who is going to get the blame for this, regardless of the truth.

Early days but it feels like something from Vladimir Putin's 1999 playbook with the apartment bombings, as a pretext to invading Chechnya and emerging as a war hero.