Games that your county should never have won.

Started by From the Bunker, August 20, 2018, 01:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: thejuice on August 20, 2018, 10:36:19 PM
Louth should never have won the 2010 Leinster Final.

I loved O'Rourkes defence of Meath at the time. He said that ''Louth had only themselves to blame as they should have been further ahead!''

Wildweasel74

Never was their a bigger theft than Armagh v Fermanagh 1993 literally daylight robbery by Holywood and J Grimley

imtommygunn

Quote from: AQMP on August 20, 2018, 09:57:10 AM
I don't think this has ever happened to Antrim!

The year we got to the ulster final we should never have beat donegal! They hit some wides that day.

sid waddell

1992 NFL Quarter-final at Breffni Park: Dublin 2-8 Donegal 0-12. Dublin got two goals right at the end to win after being comprehensively outplayed.

It was the old story of the non-traditional county having to play twice as well as the traditional one to win, and in this case, it still wasn't enough.

That game gave Dublin a vice-like psychological hold over Donegal which would never loosen...

Hound

Can't remember the year, but Ian Robertson scored 1-1 in injury time to salvage a draw v Laois in a Leinster semi final, after we'd been comprehensively outplayed. The red lad in midfield had a stormer if I remember correctly.
Dubs won replay handily enough.

nrico2006

Armagh should never have won the 2005 Ulster.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sid waddell

Quote from: Hound on August 27, 2018, 11:24:10 AM
Can't remember the year, but Ian Robertson scored 1-1 in injury time to salvage a draw v Laois in a Leinster semi final, after we'd been comprehensively outplayed. The red lad in midfield had a stormer if I remember correctly.
Dubs won replay handily enough.
That was 1999. There was a lot of controversy over Robertson "picking up" the ball before he handpassed the equaliser.

Dublin won the replay by two points but the last kick of the game was a goal for Laois from a penalty so it was more comfortable thn that in reality.

2003 was the one where Padraig Clancy had a stormer.

Laois Rising

Laois came from something like 6 points down to lead by 4 with game almost up. Robertson equalizing score came from a blatant pick up missed by the ref. That Laois team was coming near the end of its shelf life-was a very competitive team in 90s without ever really threatening a Leinster title.