Tyrone v Monaghan, Sun 20th May, Healy Park

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2018, 06:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 04, 2018, 03:13:35 PM
How many does Healy park hold surely it will be a sell out and almost impossible to get a ticket for this one!

Not 100% sure but I'd hazard a guess at around 25k. It's been a long time since there was ever a total sell out, in fact has there been?

I'd say that would be more than enough room, tbh.

Tyrone Dreamer

I think with health & safety it holds around 18,000. I remember a serious crowd at Tyrone Armagh in the mid 90's in it. It would have been close to full a few times in the 00's v Down in 2005 for example.

southtyronegael

Quote from: omagh_gael on April 04, 2018, 03:45:18 PM
How many does Healy park hold surely it will be a sell out and almost impossible to get a ticket for this one!

Not 100% sure but I'd hazard a guess at around 25k. It's been a long time since there was ever a total sell out, in fact has there been?

omagh gael doesnt know the capacity of his home ground.lol. pretty sure its between 18 and 20000 max.

longballin

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 04, 2018, 06:08:52 PM

omagh gael doesnt know the capacity of his home ground.lol. pretty sure its between 18 and 20000 max.

Hope they remember to do half-time draw.

ONeill

Big name heading towards the backdoor in May.

Hope Monaghan come through that though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

Quote from: Jinxy on April 04, 2018, 11:25:29 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on April 04, 2018, 06:45:17 AM
Might as well get this started.....the 2 favourites play each other in the QF....will Monaghan build on their league success or will Tyrone bring a much better game to this one....

Bar the odd outlier Tyrone have usually had Monaghan's number in the championship this past 10-15 years. Any reason it will be different this time around?

Sickening arrogance.

Out of curiosity....how is that arrogant?

Monaghan have beaten Tyrone once in the Championship over the last 15 years and Tyrone have won the last 2 Ulster Titles....

omagh_gael

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 04, 2018, 06:08:52 PM

I will find it hard to sleep tonight with that on my conscience.

Anything to add on the football? Or are you sticking to personally insulting and making ludicrous claims against Mickey Harte on the county area? Big man behind the pseudonym, STG.

Main Street

This is Monaghan's year, unlike other years which were also 'Monaghan's year'  but instead turned out to be false doctrines. I foresee us with a luxurious 4 point cushion going into the last minutes and winning comfortably by a point,  or did that happen already?
Well, regardless,  the red flag will be at half mast post game.

Main Street

I see the thread's gone quiet. After a brief flurry, Tyronies run out of wind?

Taylor

In all honesty monaghan are an average enough outfit but are dogged as hell which keeps them in many a game.

If, and it's a big If, they don't resort to the dirt, off the ball shenanigans and sly hits we should win by 3+.

If the ref allows it to descend into a dog fight we will have a real battle on our hands, especially if the weather is dodgy beforehand and that shithole is quagmire (yet again)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Main Street on April 08, 2018, 07:42:13 PM

Monaghan barely register on the collective conscience two days before an Ulster Final, never mind a first rounder, so not sure where your delusions of grandeur originate from where this one's concerned -- taken a bang to the oul bap lately?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Quote from: tyroneman on April 04, 2018, 06:54:36 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 04, 2018, 11:25:29 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on April 04, 2018, 06:45:17 AM
Might as well get this started.....the 2 favourites play each other in the QF....will Monaghan build on their league success or will Tyrone bring a much better game to this one....

Bar the odd outlier Tyrone have usually had Monaghan's number in the championship this past 10-15 years. Any reason it will be different this time around?

Sickening arrogance.

Out of curiosity....how is that arrogant?

Monaghan have beaten Tyrone once in the Championship over the last 15 years and Tyrone have won the last 2 Ulster Titles....

Ulster titles have been debased recently . How many allstars are one worth now ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVyS9JwtFoQ
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Tyrone have had a tough time since last year's Ulster championship.

Seal da rabhas im' mhaighdean shéimh,
'S anois im' bhaintreach chaite thréith,

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

omaghjoe

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 08, 2018, 08:06:01 PM

Monaghan barely register on the collective conscience two days before an Ulster Final, never mind a first rounder, so not sure where your delusions of grandeur originate from where this one's concerned -- taken a bang to the oul bap lately?

I suppose it hard to imagine from a Farney perspective.... they're in Div 1, couple of Ulsters lately, got maybe the best player in the country, on that basis alone they should deserve respect.
but....
I could never fathom Monaghan as a serious threat to Tyrone... almost ever, aye course they're gonna win a few games occasionally especially in the league... but championship is a different story and  if Tyrone play to a decent level they'll win end of story.

They cant even revert to the dirt when they're stuck anymore as Porter and O'Rourke are actually from the heartland.

Unlaoised

Quote from: omaghjoe on April 08, 2018, 10:43:03 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 08, 2018, 08:06:01 PM

I suppose it hard to imagine from a Farney perspective.... they're in Div 1, couple of Ulsters lately, got maybe the best player in the country, on that basis alone they should deserve respect.
but....
I could never fathom Monaghan as a serious threat to Tyrone... almost ever, aye course they're gonna win a few games occasionally especially in the league... but championship is a different story and  if Tyrone play to a decent level they'll win end of story.

They cant even revert to the dirt when they're stuck anymore as Porter and O'Rourke are actually from the heartland.

Tyrone always had that indian sign over Monaghan but I think this year could be different.

Monagahn by 3
LAOIS ABÚ