2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 18, 2018, 05:12:46 PM
A bitterly cold day in Castlebar. Fair dues to Tyrone, they had a plan and they stayed to the script professionally. Mayo were a bit of a mess, not helped by losing Andy, Boyler, Lee and Cillian. The pitch was a mess also with all the sand. But Tyrone had to deal with that also and had to deal with losing a few decent players of their own.

It's been a while since I've seen Mayo people leave a ground with 15 minutes to go! Brought back long forgotten memories.

Tyrone got a decent lead early on a choked the life out of us. Unfair to single out players, as there was not much anyone could do, so was the Lack luster feel there was to Mayo today! Looks like we are destined for division two. No big deal! It's been coming. The League (especially this year) has seemed a huge inconvenience. Maybe we need Division Two football to blood players and to rest our veterans. Donegal are no world beaters but they have acquitted themselves well in Division One despite lack of points on the board to prove this.

Hopefully today was one of those blips. Or Maybe it's another gradual notch to mark the ending of this decent group! I fear it is more the second. As a collective of Players, Management and fans there are only so many years that the knocks can be taken!
A real eye catching result that in Castlebar a case of everything that could go wrong went wrong for Mayo today? Donegal will need Paddy McBrearty, Ryan McHugh and Odhrán Mac Niallais back to win next weekend.

omagh_gael

Is league Sunday available to watch online? I've got a vpn app that has me in 'the south' so should get round the whole northern black out!

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on March 18, 2018, 05:46:57 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 18, 2018, 04:44:42 PM
Jason Sherlock a lucky man that there were no cameras at the match, I'd put nearly the entire blame for the "antics" down the stretch of the last ten minutes and injury time on him.
Absolutely - it's just a pity that he wasn't lifted into the stand during that initial flare up on the sideline - the linesman on that side missed so much in the second half.  Joe let a lot go in fairness I suppose. Fair play to the lads for engineering that late equalizer, it was the least we deserved.

It's actually really annoying me that he'll get away with it, there's no place whatsoever for that sort of shite from a member of a management team. How the linesman didn't see it is beyond me, clear as day.

A lot of running battles down the stretch, Comer goading one of the Dublin players after he left the ball run through his hands over the sideline near the end was distasteful as well, it was a Galway line ball, concentrate on getting that right for the team. That said the treatment he shipped when Galway were looking for the equaliser was desperate, you couldn't say that Galway wouldn't do the same in their boots though, that's what it's come to really.

Sean Andy is some horse of a man altogether, hope he didn't get anything too bad on the injury front seeing as he had to be helped off the pitch. Cooke had a fine game although a few stray passes that he'll hopefully cut out moving forward. Shane Walsh hauled off early again, not good to see.

The rumour that Galwayman posted on the club thread about Liam Silke heading to the States for the summer is disappointing, I would have pegged him and Ian Burke as the two likely certs from the Corofin team to get back into the first 15 for the summer (Daithi Burke would be there all day as well if he wasn't with the hurlers). Galway need everyone to have any chance of performing well in the summer, squad depth is key, the Dubs have a conveyer belt, Galway can't afford to be without anyone.

In terms of Dublin, what is the story with Connolly? Not in the 26 today and it doesn't sound like he is injured.

An Fhairche Abu

Forgot to mention the 3 goal chances Galway spurned, cannot afford to do that at the top level, it was the same against Kerry, they need to be buried if Galway want to make the jump to the level of being competitive against the top teams in the summer.

sid waddell

There appeared to be no cameras at the Galway v Dublin game today, certainly there was no scaffolding on the long terrace which usually holds the camera position at Pearse Stadium.

If this turns out to be the case, RTE and any high profile pundits associated with them can shut the hell up about any other television stations covering GAA matches.

galwayman

We almost let that one slip despite being 2 points and a man up near the end.
The Dubs really took over for most of the second half.
That said we had 3-4 one on ones with the keeper that we didn't take.
Kick outs remain a huge huge issue for this team.
One final thing if I'm being negative - our keepers have just got to stop dallying in possession.
Lavelle has been caught a few times now and O Bealain got caught today for what I thought was the crucial score in the game as we were clinging onto a 2 point lead at the time and gave Dublin a tap over score.
But I'm just touching on the negatives there.There were plenty of positives today as well

armaghniac

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 18, 2018, 09:00:37 PM
Is league Sunday available to watch online? I've got a vpn app that has me in 'the south' so should get round the whole northern black out!

A vpn app that showed you in the "north" would also work, as there is no northern blackout, only one caused because RTÉ have no rights in Britain.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

shark

Quote from: sid waddell on March 18, 2018, 10:07:51 PM
There appeared to be no cameras at the Galway v Dublin game today, certainly there was no scaffolding on the long terrace which usually holds the camera position at Pearse Stadium.

If this turns out to be the case, RTE and any high profile pundits associated with them can shut the hell up about any other television stations covering GAA matches.

Seems they have it alright. Coming up now.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: maigheo on March 18, 2018, 02:40:50 PM
Andy Moran black carded for remonstrating with ref.
It wasn't for remonstrating he actually chest bumped him.

Terrible today, as bad as anything I've seen in the league from us. Exceptionally poor passing, very little tackling, no midfield. Everyone was off their game. But beat Donegal and we can forget about it.

Lee looks to have a broken collar bone, Cillians injury looked serious enough too. Boyler was lucky not to Get a straight red, filthy challenge.

Bad, bad day
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Main Street

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 18, 2018, 03:32:28 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 12, 2018, 12:59:40 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 11, 2018, 09:47:47 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 05, 2018, 04:42:43 PM
Predictions

Dublin to beat Kerry
A narrow win for Tyrone v Donegal
Galway and Monaghan to draw a low scoring match
Mayo to beat Kildare

Not too far away. :)

Quote from: cornetto on March 06, 2018, 03:40:46 PM
Kildare v mayo could be the game of the weekend,it's do or die for kildare,a win gives them a chance while mayo have the cushion of Tyrone at home in there next match to garner a minimum 4pts.i expect Galway to beat Monahan in a tight game what odds on both finishing with 15?
Wins for Dublin and donegal.

Don't give up the day-job! ;)
Though Tyrone are more of a hedgehog than a cushion, Mayo will surely langer Tyrone senseless in the next round.
FoSB ??
a tyronite  who finally emerges , throwing shapes, after cowering in some some dark hole for months on end until rescued by Tyrone coming out on top in a relegation dogfight :)

Run that one by me once again, why don't you?::P
Perhaps I was a bit distracted in wondering who would emerge as Monaghan's semi final opponent in Ulster this year. I think it's going to be too close to call between Fermanagh and Armagh.

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on March 18, 2018, 11:10:36 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 18, 2018, 03:32:28 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 12, 2018, 12:59:40 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 11, 2018, 09:47:47 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 05, 2018, 04:42:43 PM
Predictions

Dublin to beat Kerry
A narrow win for Tyrone v Donegal
Galway and Monaghan to draw a low scoring match
Mayo to beat Kildare

Not too far away. :)

Quote from: cornetto on March 06, 2018, 03:40:46 PM
Kildare v mayo could be the game of the weekend,it's do or die for kildare,a win gives them a chance while mayo have the cushion of Tyrone at home in there next match to garner a minimum 4pts.i expect Galway to beat Monahan in a tight game what odds on both finishing with 15?
Wins for Dublin and donegal.

Don't give up the day-job! ;)
Though Tyrone are more of a hedgehog than a cushion, Mayo will surely langer Tyrone senseless in the next round.
FoSB ??
a tyronite  who finally emerges , throwing shapes, after cowering in some some dark hole for months on end until rescued by Tyrone coming out on top in a relegation dogfight :)

Run that one by me once again, why don't you?::P
Perhaps I was a bit distracted in wondering who would emerge as Monaghan's semi final opponent in Ulster this year. I think it's going to be too close to call between Fermanagh and Armagh.

If they were wise they would send both teams  to play Monaghan at the same time
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyroneman

Unbelievable that Boyle escaped a red card. If McNulty was sent off for the Keegan challenge then there was no justification for Boyle only getting a yellow.

straightred

Quote from: tyroneman on March 18, 2018, 11:43:55 PM
Unbelievable that Boyle escaped a red card. If McNulty was sent off for the Keegan challenge then there was no justification for Boyle only getting a yellow.

Boyle had got his 2nd yellow a that stage so it was easy to level it up. I agree with you BTW and cavanagh's black was some joke as well

moysider

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 18, 2018, 11:10:04 PM
Quote from: maigheo on March 18, 2018, 02:40:50 PM
Andy Moran black carded for remonstrating with ref.
It wasn't for remonstrating he actually chest bumped him.

Terrible today, as bad as anything I've seen in the league from us. Exceptionally poor passing, very little tackling, no midfield. Everyone was off their game. But beat Donegal and we can forget about it.

Lee looks to have a broken collar bone, Cillians injury looked serious enough too. Boyler was lucky not to Get a straight red, filthy challenge.

Bad, bad day

On reflection, this was worse than the league game in Ballyshannon in 2012. This is the second bullying we got this Spring in Castlebar.  I'm not panicking but not optimistic either.

macdanger2

Seems like Mattie Donnelly was allowed the freedom of the pitch today, class player like that needs more attention ffs. Parsons seemed to be his man but looked like he struggled (from the highlights)

Andy should get 12 weeks but will probably get off as the ref dealt with it. Cavanagh's black shouldn't have been anything. Boyle's first was probably a red. Tyrone player's red was a very dirty challenge