Ciaran Sheehan released by Carlton - Massive boost for Cork?

Started by GetOverTheBar, October 20, 2017, 10:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: screenexile on October 20, 2017, 11:11:02 AM
It's not quite as simple as that. . . Has anybody heard form Tommy Walsh since he came home?
I watched Tommy Walsh in recent club action on Eir sports. He was hobbling around for about 40 mins before a clueless management took him off. On Ciaran Sheehan just 6 games in 4 season he didn't make it out there like Zach Tuohy did.

shark

Quote from: Rawhide on October 20, 2017, 11:29:03 AM
I would be interested to hear folks thoughts on this
The only player that I know who went to play Aussie rules and that returned to become a top inter county GAA player was Anthony Tohill, it seems to me the players that return have more or less been poor versions of the player they were before they left. You could perhaps place Kennelly in that better player bracket.

Colin Corkery was there for 3 years. First year back he won an all star.

rodney trotter

oakleaflad

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 27, 2017, 02:46:43 PM
Cian Hanley released by Brisbane.
Read earlier he is being released by Brisbane only to be signed for them again. Something to do with the rules on International rookies lasting 3 years.

Syferus

Cian was an excellent athlete before he did the cruciate, he really got ran through the mill both years at minor. Still only 21 going 22. Older player but it took Andy Moran three plus years from the same injury to hit the form he was in pre-injury.