Ciaran McKeever

Started by Owen Brannigan, August 15, 2017, 09:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

First memory of him was acting the thug during the 2005 Ulster replay - didn't he only get a second yellow opposed to Canavan's red yet McKeever was the aggressor?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 21, 2017, 09:04:29 AM
Quote from: OakleafCounty on August 21, 2017, 08:57:20 AM
I recall a number of matches against Armagh where I've seen drunken Armagh fans goad Derry people about everything they could think of on and off the pitch for the duration of games. Means nothing as far as this thread is concerned. This thread is about Ciaran McKeever as a player, not Armagh and my comments are my own and not meant to represent Derry. The reaction to my opinion just shows how parochial and small minded Armagh people are.

Armagh produced plenty of good tough and clean defenders over the years that I have great admiration for like McGeeny and the McNulties. McKeever was just a thug who chatted shite and then cried wolf when he took a bit of sledging himself.

Ironic really - the fact that you accuse McKeever as someone who 'cried wolf' really does show you up as someone who is indeed 'small minded'.

McKeever never said a word about the sledging incident, despite the fact he was the recipient of the sledging. The issue was raised by Armagh officials, but sure why let the truth get in the way of your own small minded agenda.

Of course he did. It wasn't him who put out the statement but he obviously bitched about it! It was hilarious, the schoolyard bully moaning to the teacher. 

punt kick

Quote from: OakleafCounty on August 21, 2017, 10:04:23 AM
I recall a number of matches against Armagh where I've seen drunken Armagh fans goad Derry people about everything they could think of on and off the pitch for the duration of games. Means nothing as far as this thread is concerned. This thread is about Ciaran McKeever as a player, not Armagh and my comments are my own and not meant to represent Derry. The reaction to my opinion just shows how parochial and small minded Armagh people are.

Armagh produced plenty of good tough and clean defenders over the years that I have great admiration for like McGeeny and the McNulties. McKeever was just a thug who chatted shite and then cried wolf when he took a bit of sledging himself.

Ironic really - the fact that you accuse McKeever as someone who 'cried wolf' really does show you up as someone who is indeed 'small minded'.

McKeever never said a word about the sledging incident, despite the fact he was the recipient of the sledging. The issue was raised by Armagh officials, but sure why let the truth get in the way of your own small minded agenda.

Of course he did. It wasn't him who put out the statement but he obviously bitched about it! It was hilarious, the schoolyard bully moaning to the teacher.

You sound like someone with small dick syndrome kid, who took your dinner money every day?

Rufus T Firefly

You are simply putting you own slant on something and wishing that had happened - like I said, small minded. 

OakleafCounty

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 21, 2017, 10:22:48 AM

You are simply putting you own slant on something and wishing that had happened - like I said, small minded.

How did it get out then?

ziggysego

At least Armagh ones now know what we have to put up with, with those Derry ones....  ::)

As for McKeever, hated seeing him line out against Tyrone. Hard hitting as they come, but a good solid footballer and would have wanted him born across the Blackwater so he could play for us.
Testing Accessibility

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: OakleafCounty on August 21, 2017, 10:28:21 AM
How did it get out then?

Part of the sledging took place in the tunnel. There was no attempt to be discreet about it. 

The decision to report it took place at an official level and I can assure you was not a universally popular decision within Armagh.

tonto1888

Just give it up

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: stew on August 20, 2017, 10:44:45 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 20, 2017, 08:34:02 PM
I recall a league trip to Derry in the glory years.The abuse meted out by the natives to the Armagh players and management was vile.I cannot recall worse anywhere at anytime,and I remember Joe Kernan going public about it on TV and the press after the game.

I was at a game many moons ago when Armagh played Derry in Clones, I happened to be with a Grange player who was as hard as nails, this big hoor from Derry was goading my mate for a good half hour and thought my mate was afraid of him, he wasn't, he had manners, finally the kn**ker from Derry faced him and was rendered unconscious with one punch to the jaw, I warned him it was going to happen and sure enough.

In fairness to Throne and Down, their fans are great and respect their fellow gaels, the Derry support are the worst I have ever met in Gaa circles.

( I still want them to hammer tyrone and down however)

An unsurprisingly classless story from stew. And one without a word of truth in it - there is no way an Armagh supporter would be sober enough to land a knockout punch on anyone.

That's a joke BTW

Armamike

Quote from: stew on August 20, 2017, 10:44:45 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 20, 2017, 08:34:02 PM
I recall a league trip to Derry in the glory years.The abuse meted out by the natives to the Armagh players and management was vile.I cannot recall worse anywhere at anytime,and I remember Joe Kernan going public about it on TV and the press after the game.

I was at a game many moons ago when Armagh played Derry in Clones, I happened to be with a Grange player who was as hard as nails, this big hoor from Derry was goading my mate for a good half hour and thought my mate was afraid of him, he wasn't, he had manners, finally the kn**ker from Derry faced him and was rendered unconscious with one punch to the jaw, I warned him it was going to happen and sure enough.

In fairness to Throne and Down, their fans are great and respect their fellow gaels, the Derry support are the worst I have ever met in Gaa circles.

( I still want them to hammer tyrone and down however)

Sounds like Wolfie  ;D
That's just, like your opinion man.