Croke Park

Started by Dougal Maguire, August 05, 2017, 10:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

bennydorano

Quote from: Jinxy on August 06, 2017, 12:54:46 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 05, 2017, 10:47:31 PM
Stadium is a joke. First 20 rows in Hogan, dread to think what Cusack and Davin are like, are open to the elements yet cost the same price as those under cover. Catering a disgrace, flat beer, instant coffee and hugely overpriced

Oh, the humanity.

Leave our Jamie out of it ffs

The Trap

Excitement from start to finish....if only we could get a football game like that.

maigheo

You got one last week

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: The Trap on August 06, 2017, 05:41:59 PM
Excitement from start to finish....if only we could get a football game like that.

You'll get it, on August 27th, with Skeet back and scoring the winning goal in injury-time -- you heard it here first! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Cunny Funt

Quote from: maigheo on August 06, 2017, 05:47:39 PM
You got one last week
Indeed and that Galway,Tipp game was far from perfect as it had plenty of errors and poor wides just like Mayo v Roscommon.

didlyi

Owen Brannigan

When you think the rain is over, rows C to E in the lower Hogan get huge drops of water falling on them from the lighting rig on the edge of the roof!

macdanger2

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2017, 01:47:41 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 06, 2017, 11:18:38 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2017, 09:31:59 AM
I was in row V in the Lower Davin. Got very lucky in that the row in front us got a drenching and we escaped with splashes of rain water on our feet. That was a pretty intense shower at the end of our game.

Good to hear, I'm in row X tomorrow

In the Davin? Reason I ask is my mum was in row AA in Cusack and got a soaking. Depends on direction of wind I suppose.

Cusack. Hoping the wind won't be blowing our way

sambostar

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 07, 2017, 12:30:14 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2017, 01:47:41 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 06, 2017, 11:18:38 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2017, 09:31:59 AM
I was in row V in the Lower Davin. Got very lucky in that the row in front us got a drenching and we escaped with splashes of rain water on our feet. That was a pretty intense shower at the end of our game.

Good to hear, I'm in row X tomorrow

In the Davin? Reason I ask is my mum was in row AA in Cusack and got a soaking. Depends on direction of wind I suppose.

Cusack. Hoping the wind won't be blowing our way
Was in GG in Cusack yesterday & got a few blasts of rain when the wind gusted. DD or EE were drenched

punt kick

I was in g yesterday the rain lashed for the minor so I had a quick check on buying 4 tickets on tickets.ie found 4 free seats together in the upper so we went there and sat - situation sorted.  ;D

lurganblue

Quote from: balladmaker on August 06, 2017, 12:52:04 PM
No issues with the pints I got behind 701 yesterday, I did decline the cheeseburger though when asked for 6 euro for it.  Row G in upper Cusack, we were completely dry, was an awful deluge towards the end of the first game. 

Agree that seats exposed to the elements should be reduced accordingly, or at least accompanied by a free poncho! But I'd say the majority of lower deck seats bar from KK onwards could be exposed depending on what direction the rain is coming down.

Would much prefer a lower deck seat vs an upper.  Game looks so different from above.

701, Row N myself so not far from ya.  Didnt sample the pints but the 6 yoyo cheese burger was worth every bit of it.  Chips on the other hand were a disaster.  Stinkin

Smokin Joe

Quote from: lurganblue on August 07, 2017, 12:56:04 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on August 06, 2017, 12:52:04 PM
No issues with the pints I got behind 701 yesterday, I did decline the cheeseburger though when asked for 6 euro for it.  Row G in upper Cusack, we were completely dry, was an awful deluge towards the end of the first game. 

Agree that seats exposed to the elements should be reduced accordingly, or at least accompanied by a free poncho! But I'd say the majority of lower deck seats bar from KK onwards could be exposed depending on what direction the rain is coming down.

Would much prefer a lower deck seat vs an upper.  Game looks so different from above.

701, Row N myself so not far from ya.  Didnt sample the pints but the 6 yoyo cheese burger was worth every bit of it.  Chips on the other hand were a disaster.  Stinkin

I partook in the chips myself and they were awful.  So you expect to get ripped off inside CP (€4 for a few chips), but it was the fact that they were the worst type of oven chips you could get.  They were vile.