Armagh GAA - The Journey Continues.......Crowdfunding

Started by Taylor, July 31, 2017, 02:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Jayop on July 31, 2017, 05:20:07 PM
You'd wonder how legit this is. Could be someone acting the lag and even if they get a couple of grand then stick it in the trouser pocket. Unless someone from the Armagh CB recognises this, or some well known supporters with strong links to the CB I wouldn't recommend donating.

That said, if it is legit then there's nothing wrong with it at all, any more than collecting at a church gate or a bag pack is embarrassing for your local club.

https://twitter.com/Armagh_GAA/status/892000370884571137

The reason this is embarrassing is they're using a new medium without understanding that medium or what is expected in return on it.

Don Johnson

Quote from: Syferus on July 31, 2017, 05:29:00 PM
You'd wonder how legit this is. Could be someone acting the lag and even if they get a couple of grand then stick it in the trouser pocket. Unless someone from the Armagh CB recognises this, or some well known supporters with strong links to the CB I wouldn't recommend donating.

That said, if it is legit then there's nothing wrong with it at all, any more than collecting at a church gate or a bag pack is embarrassing for your local club.

The reason this is embarrassing is they're using a new medium without understanding that medium or what is expected in return on it.

We get it, you know how to use Crowdfunder.

yellowcard

The only embarrassing thing is the fact that people from other counties are getting embarrassed on behalf of Armagh people.

RedHand88

Meanwhile Club tyrone raise a clean fortune. That's the difference. Them Armagh wans are tight hoors!

Syferus

Quote from: Don Johnson on July 31, 2017, 05:38:54 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 31, 2017, 05:29:00 PM

We get it, you know how to use Crowdfunder.

?

Rois

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 31, 2017, 05:55:29 PM
Meanwhile Club tyrone raise a clean fortune. That's the difference. Them Armagh wans are tight hoors!
Nah if it was Club Tyrone doing it, we'd use Just Giving and get the gift aid on top of it  ;D

O'Neills Therapist

RedHand88

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 31, 2017, 06:23:30 PM
Two trips to Croke Park and they're broke.

The fuel laundering business has declined these days.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Quote from: armaghniac on July 31, 2017, 06:27:17 PM

That with the prospect of a hard border...

twohands!!!

Quote from: armaghniac on July 31, 2017, 06:27:17 PM

If you just hang on until Brexit and the hard border comes in, I'm sure the opportunities for "transporting" will flourish again.
Every cloud has a silver lining.

punt kick

Orior

Quote from: punt kick on July 31, 2017, 09:17:58 PM
See a few gaaboarders have donated.  ;)

Yes, I recognise a few names there too. Unfortunately you will not see mine. I've given enough, and they have to learn to live within their means. So rather than a holiday to Florida, how about Cranfield Co Down?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Can you write in someone else's name, maybe Paul Berry?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Aughafad

I don't see Fearon's name up there yet. Maybe he's still not convinced by McGeeney