We need to talk about Diarmuid

Started by Mayo4Sam, June 05, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 27, 2017, 10:39:45 PM
So far in 2017 am I right in saying Geezer, Comerford, Connolly and now Burns all deemed guilty under same rule and all have received the same ban?
Y

Yeah, but only dermo was provoked and unfairly treated.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 28, 2017, 08:46:19 AM
the suspension for kicking the football is absolutely ridiculous

I was at the game and the player was aggrieved at the umpires decision to wave a ball wide when Burns thought it was a 45.

Umpire turned his back and the player belted the ball and him, and it hit him on the arse.

12 weeks is fine in my opinion.

Fuzzman

At least it is showing consistency and that they are trying to change the mindset that players (and managers) need to change their attitude towards showing more respect to the officials.

The CCCC can only punish what they see or get video evidence of just like a ref can only punish what he or his officials see. Both the CCCC and the refs will miss loads of incidents and this is what managers are using to say "yeah but you didn't punish so and so"

If you're driving your car up the motorway at 90mph and get pulled over for speeding, you don't tell the cop "why didn't you stop those other cars that were doing the same speed as me".

We need to change our attitude towards suspensions and stop this whole trying to wriggle out of it rubbish when we know the player is guilty.

Syferus

Weird stance to take. These suspensions are just fine to be honest.

johnneycool

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 28, 2017, 12:03:31 PM

I was at the game and the player was aggrieved at the umpires decision to wave a ball wide when Burns thought it was a 45.

Umpire turned his back and the player belted the ball and him, and it hit him on the arse.

Was he red carded right away?

five points

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 28, 2017, 12:15:05 PM
If you're driving your car up the motorway at 90mph and get pulled over for speeding, you don't tell the cop "why didn't you stop those other cars that were doing the same speed as me".

If you're driving your car up the motorway at 90mph and get pulled over for speeding, and the cop accepts your explanation and tells you that you're okay and go ahead, but then changes his mind a few days later and processes a charge against you, you'd have a right to feel aggrieved.

Fuzzman

You might feel disappointed or annoyed as you thought you got away with it but deep down you know you broke the law and it didn't make it right that he was going to let you off.

There seems to be an attitude that the ref or linesman ONLY changed his mind because Pat Spillane influenced them or told them what to do.
The reason we use video evidence in sport is to ensure fair play/justice is done.

Some are now saying we don't want justice done in some cases as we cannot ensure it will always be done in all cases.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: johnneycool on June 28, 2017, 12:30:03 PM

Was he red carded right away?

Yes. Straight red card as the umpire was very pissed off ans called the ref's attention who sent him packing.

Main Street

SS, you conducted a vindictive witch hunt against this player the other day, taking advantage of your respected profile on this board and you being from another county altogether, a rival county, must have had a biased agenda. You assassinated the character of the Louth player by remarking upon his part in that incident and alluding to the intent.
No doubt the CCCC would never have bothered with this lower league player only for the incident to be highlighted with discrimination on the GAA Board.

Taylor

At least we are starting to see a bit of consistency now.

If this is done across the board starting with high profile games then there is no doubt it will improve our games overall. Fantastic news.

Players would be as well keeping their noses clean this weekend (unless you want to put your knees Down on someone - its fine to do that)

joemamas

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 27, 2017, 07:47:41 PM
Always liked dublin and they have played great fball over the past 5-6yrs but they became a dislikeable team and you could laid alot of that at gavin!  Oh poor dermot; seriously how about some player and team discpline! The blame for connolly attitude lies with the player himself and the manager! The sunday game only pointing out a issue which we all can see, now its a attitude of get the player off where he was right or wrong!

You have articulated what I have been thinking.
They do try to play football, with the exception of (Kilkenny who while in possession has been known to run back towards his own goals likes a headless chicken).
Their supporters are for the most part decent, good GAA men, but just spare me the BS, by Gavin, (who looked as comfortable as someone who just had a dose of Diarrhea),
Connolly is not a first or second time offender, just as he lost the rag and IMO cost Dublin the league final, he was stupid to push the linesman, move on.

Hound

Quote from: Main Street on June 28, 2017, 01:02:45 PM

SS, you conducted a vindictive witch hunt against this player the other day, taking advantage of your respected profile on this board and you being from another county altogether, a rival county, must have had a biased agenda. You assassinated the character of the Louth player by remarking upon his part in that incident and alluding to the intent.
No doubt the CCCC would never have bothered with this lower league player only for the incident to be highlighted with discrimination on the GAA Board.
Did you miss the bit about the ref giving a red card?!

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Main Street on June 28, 2017, 01:02:45 PM

Actually I feel sorry for the chap. It was the only thing he hit after he came on.

Boom Boom.

DJGaliv

40 pages about Connolly pointing a finger into a linesmans shoulder. Whereas we have a goalkeeper from the hurling all Ireland winners taking huge sums of money and deceiving an 80 year old man and there's little said in hurling quarters.

mup

The thread is about Connolly.

I'm sure people will contribute to a thread about Gleeson if one was started.