Mayo v Sligo CSFC 21st May 2017

Started by Farrandeelin, May 08, 2017, 08:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on May 20, 2017, 10:14:15 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/the-outrageous-crime-of-being-aidan-o-shea-1.3089499 , good article by Duggan , although I love the standalone comment by one of Syferus/El Bomber/ Fuzzman ;D ;D

Author of the 'House of Pain: Through the Rooms of Mayo Football'.

Kinda like getting the press secretary to do a write up of how nice the lad is and then crowing about it. Some of Flynn's criticisms were petty but overall there is plenty of valid things to critique about how AOS has handled himself on the field and with behind-the-scenes politicking that have been laid bare.

maigheo

A call out to Lar Naparca to put Syfin back in his box.

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on May 21, 2017, 01:35:08 AM

It never worked before so it's hardly gonig to now.

Farrandeelin

For a Roscommon man, Syf, you do spend an awful amount of time on Mayo related threads. You might say 'Mayo do the same on Ros related threads'. But your obsession is worrying. Cool the jets. Don't worry. We know that this present team is not going to win an AI. So focus on Roscommon's woes instead of ours. Because it seems to me ye have far more to worry about than we do at the moment. Up Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 21, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
Quote from: maigheo on May 21, 2017, 01:35:08 AM

It never worked before so it's hardly gonig to now.
reminds me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq6WyokXZRU
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 21, 2017, 07:38:44 AM
For a Roscommon man, Syf, you do spend an awful amount of time on Mayo related threads. You might say 'Mayo do the same on Ros related threads'. But your obsession is worrying. Cool the jets. Don't worry. We know that this present team is not going to win an AI. So focus on Roscommon's woes instead of ours. Because it seems to me ye have far more to worry about than we do at the moment. Up Mayo.
Would Cafferkey not make a difference ? And Clarke is back in goal. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Most of us believe Syfīn is a Rhubarb.
We certainly have a lot to worry about - Finance,  Splits, residue of the 2 managerial heaves.........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

All too easy for Mayos U17s. Mayo 2-19 Sligo 0-9

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Syferus on May 20, 2017, 11:56:03 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/the-outrageous-crime-of-being-aidan-o-shea-1.3089499 , good article by Duggan , although I love the standalone comment by one of Syferus/El Bomber/ Fuzzman ;D ;D

Kinda like getting the press secretary to do a write up of how nice the lad is and then crowing about it. Some of Flynn's criticisms were petty but overall there is plenty of valid things to critique about how AOS has handled himself on the field and with behind-the-scenes politicking that have been laid bare.

What do you think would happen if AOS were a Ross Syf? Not picked, left on the bench, or refuse to play for them packa b**tards in the first place?

Blowitupref

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on May 21, 2017, 01:16:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 20, 2017, 11:56:03 PM

What do you think would happen if AOS were a Ross Syf? Not picked, left on the bench, or refuse to play for them packa b**tards in the first place?

Syferus might have a different view but I think AOS would get the same treatment as Donie Shine if at Roscommon, e.g one of their most naturally talented players dropped off the panel because the belief is he isn't mobile enough for modern day football.

As for today's game I would expect a comfortable win for Mayo by about 9 points.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

A few posts here and there is hardly an obsession, but thanks for your concern.

Syferus

Incredible missed point by Boland.

Syferus

Cunny Funt

Poor game with more wides than scores. Mayo ahead by 4 points having played against the strong wind should close out this game comfortably in the 2nd half now.