12 Week Ban For Geezer

Started by Taylor, April 25, 2017, 10:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: general_lee on April 26, 2017, 11:08:32 AM
McQuillan really hates Armagh.

Does he? I always thought he was a Bollix but that changes my opinion. He can't be too bad so
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

bennydorano

Think McQuillan was Linesman at the Antrim game not Ref - presumably doesn't make a big pile of difference.

More motivation for Armagh.

yellowcard

In what world would geezers crime be deemed greater than what Davy Fitz done last weekend. Davy Fitz suspension was about right but the geezer one is ridiculous. McQuillan was probably pissed off having to do the line at a division 3 league match so the attention seeker had to find another way of making the headlines.

ONeill

Wonder what Geezer called him.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magpie seanie

Quote from: yellowcard on April 26, 2017, 11:31:51 PM
In what world would geezers crime be deemed greater than what Davy Fitz done last weekend. Davy Fitz suspension was about right but the geezer one is ridiculous. McQuillan was probably pissed off having to do the line at a division 3 league match so the attention seeker had to find another way of making the headlines.

Have a read of the rulebook and you'll see there are different penalties for different grades of infractions. Minimum penalties are quoted for each infraction.

Rossfan

So it's all Joe's fault but poor Geezer gets suspended.
Ye're some craic!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tonto1888

Quote from: Rossfan on April 26, 2017, 11:38:27 PM

So it's all Joe's fault but poor Geezer gets suspended.

sounds about right

BennyCake

No word of bans for McCarthy and Walsh from the Div 1 final?

RedHandTom

McGeeney deserves every bit of his 12 weeks suspension based on what he said. He's an absolute bully and is a liability to Armagh. This stuff needs ripped out of our games. Well done to McQuillan for standing up to it.

"Put your hand up again for another Armagh man and 'I'll cut your f*ckin hand off, I mean that, I'll cut your f*ckin hand off"

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: RedHandTom on April 27, 2017, 01:03:39 PM
McGeeney deserves every bit of his 12 weeks suspension based on what he said. He's an absolute bully and is a liability to Armagh. This stuff needs ripped out of our games. Well done to McQuillan for standing up to it.

"Put your hand up again for another Armagh man and 'I'll cut your f*ckin hand off, I mean that, I'll cut your f*ckin hand off"

You were there?

yellowcard

Presuming that you are Tom from Tyrone as your username suggests, what were you doing situated in the dugout during a Div 3 league match involving Armagh and Antrim that allowed you to be privvy to the conversation. Or did you just decide to stick a couple of quotation marks around a made up sentence so that you could let on that you were there?

tonto1888

Really? Is that really what he said?

Syferus

Quote from: yellowcard on April 27, 2017, 01:28:06 PM

Presuming that you are Tom from Tyrone as your username suggests, what were you doing situated in the dugout during a Div 3 league match involving Armagh and Antrim that allowed you to be privvy to the conversation. Or did you just decide to stick a couple of quotation marks around a made up sentence so that you could let on that you were there?

Not like the Tymoanies to make something up.

AFS

Any word on Stephen Beatty's suspension from the same game? If saying something bold to a linesman gets you 12 weeks, then f**king the ball at the ref and punching two opposition players in the space of ten seconds must merit a year or two on the sidelines. Strange that news of GAA suspensions comes out in dribs and drabs like this. Almost as if they're too embarrassed by the inconsistencies and disproportionalities to release information in a transparent, systematic manner.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: AFS on April 27, 2017, 05:00:09 PM
Any word on Stephen Beatty's suspension from the same game? If saying something bold to a linesman gets you 12 weeks, then f**king the ball at the ref and punching two opposition players in the space of ten seconds must merit a year or two on the sidelines. Strange that news of GAA suspensions comes out in dribs and drabs like this. Almost as if they're too embarrassed by the inconsistencies and disproportionalities to release information in a transparent, systematic manner.

The point is that no disciplinary matters are supposed to be made public, they are considered to be confidential matters.  It is always interesting how some are leaked and others are not.  As listed above the result of the cards issued in the league final have not been announced.