all ireland football qualifiers 2017.

Started by cornetto, April 19, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 20, 2017, 05:02:32 PM
Will the Provincial Finals be squeezed tighter together in 2018?
Currently the 4 Football Finals are so read over 3 weekends.

Time to utilize the heretofore unknown (to provincial councils) tool called 'Saturday'..

Esmarelda

Quote from: Rossfan on April 20, 2017, 05:02:32 PM
Will the Provincial Finals be squeezed tighter together in 2018?
Currently the 4 Football Finals are so read over 3 weekends.
The Alternative 2016 calendar based on the now passed proposals had the Munster Final on 5th June, Connacht Final on 12 June, Ulster and Leinster Finals on 19th June.

cornetto

Section A :sligo, louth,Wicklow, Laois,  longford,meath,kildare
Galway, mayo,Tyrone,donegal,derry,antrim,Cor waterford,kerry

Section B :
leitrim, london,roscommon,Carlow,wexford,Westmeath, Offaly,dublin,clare,limerick , tipperary,down,Armagh,cavan,Monaghan, fermanagh.

Rossfan

Am I right in thinking Connacht and Munster Finalists play the A survivors in Rd4 and Qtr Finals?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

cornetto

Yes indeed, losing finalist in Connacht, munster will play an A side.
Connacht and munster winners will play  winners of these games, (try to avold repeat pairings)q.final

Connacht  champion or who beats them v
munster champion or who beats them.(s.final)

Rossfan

So if year 1 of our 3 year plan works well be playing bloody Kerry in the Qtr Final. :o :-[

cornetto

Just going through the fixtures and it could end up
galway,Tyrone, Cork,kildare to face each other on the a side for the right to play beaten finalists,probably roscommon,Tipperary. Alot of ifs and buts!!

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 21, 2017, 01:31:45 PM
So if year 1 of our 3 year plan works well be playing bloody Kerry in the Qtr Final. :o :-[

Semi-final.

Rossfan

Year 1 is losing CF and reaching AIQF.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Rossfan on April 21, 2017, 09:44:23 AM
Am I right in thinking Connacht and Munster Finalists play the A survivors in Rd4 and Qtr Finals?

Not a fan of this at all. If as I expect Mayo win a Connacht title should Galway or Roscommon navigate through to a quarter final their only opponents can be the Munster Champions which is going to be Kerry unless both Galway & Roscommon manage to both reach a quarter final then Galway would play Mayo and Roscommon would play Kerry.

The A side is clearly stronger than the B side, luckily for the Ros they'll likely avoid rounds 2 & 3.

Rossfan

The fallacy of basing the AI on the Provincials is pretty evident this year in the contrasting paths of Ros and Monaghan.
We play Leitrim/London where a win over D4 opposition has us in the last 12 at worst.
Monaghan have to beat Fermanagh, Cavan and Down/Armagh to get to the same stage.

Will the A and B daftness be abolished next year?

Esmarelda

Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2017, 12:34:48 PM
The fallacy of basing the AI on the Provincials is pretty evident this year in the contrasting paths of Ros and Monaghan.
We play Leitrim/London where a win over D4 opposition has us in the last 12 at worst.
Monaghan have to beat Fermanagh, Cavan and Down/Armagh to get to the same stage.

Yes, see my post on page one of this very thread.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Esmarelda on May 17, 2017, 12:40:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 17, 2017, 12:34:48 PM

Yes, see my post on page one of this very thread.

Did they set out dates for the super 8's next year?

Rossfan

Didn't see anything anywhere.
If the August AI Final is to be achieved I'd expect the "8s" to be in July - 1st 3 weeks???