all ireland football qualifiers 2017.

Started by cornetto, April 19, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

It would just be a straight forward draw with no interventions needed as they've played both already.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

I'm taking a wild chance here. Not from Tyrone but following them for over 20 years. Booked tickets from Chicago to Dublin for family of four for the match on 5th August. Hoping that Tyrone will be playing that day. But I think if Dublin  win Leinster it will be down as a double header so I know its going to be all ticket. Now that could be a disaster getting a ticket if Dublin and Tyrone are on in the same day.

Throw ball

Quote from: Main Street on June 28, 2017, 05:51:27 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 28, 2017, 02:59:44 PM
Just looking at the draw there and the 4th round could be a very interesting draw.
I'd say Monaghan, Cavan(sorry Tipp) and Armagh are the three strongest teams in the B side of the draw.
With 2 from them coming through to play the losers of Ulster and Leinster then the draw could be complicated with Down (who may or may not lose Ulster) have already played Armagh and Monaghan and so aren't meant to meet again but may have to.
However, I think Cavan, who were in Div 1 this year, would avoid Monaghan in round 3 and could make it through to round 4.

I can see round 4 draw looking like this
Kildare v Monaghan
Down v Cavan/Armagh

Of course Tyrone could lose the Ulster final and make it much easier for the draw.
If Monaghan and Armagh prevail in the B side and Down are the beaten Ulster finalists,
then how would Down's opponent be selected?
Pistols at dawn, the long straw or alphabetically?

If Armagh get that far I wouldn't complain.

Would love to see them play Down again though.

macdanger2

I don't think there are any restrictions at the provincial loser (4th) round of the draw - say mayo were to make it through and Galway and cork were the provincial losers, there'd be nothing to stop us drawing galway AFAIK??

Main Street

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 28, 2017, 07:02:43 PM
I don't think there are any restrictions at the provincial loser (4th) round of the draw - say mayo were to make it through and Galway and cork were the provincial losers, there'd be nothing to stop us drawing galway AFAIK??
"Round 4 rules do not allow two teams that have played each other in a provincial match to meet again if such a pairing can be avoided"

macdanger2

I stand corrected. Didn't realise that

Maroon Manc

Its not exactly clear but looking at the link below it does subject to avoidance of repeat pairings where possible from round 3 onwards whilst it doesn't mention it that at the round 2 stage.

http://www.gaa.ie/football/news/gaa-football-all-ireland-senior-championship-qualifiers/

Main Street

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 28, 2017, 07:14:54 PM

Its not exactly clear but looking at the link below it does subject to avoidance of repeat pairings where possible from round 3 onwards whilst it doesn't mention it that at the round 2 stage.

http://www.gaa.ie/football/news/gaa-football-all-ireland-senior-championship-qualifiers/
The info for the round 2 draw is there in the link you provided.
"Where two teams who have already met in a provincial championship of the current year are drawn to meet, the winner of the provincial championship game shall have home advantage."

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Clare strolling into the next round. 55 mins gone Laois 0-10 Clare 1-17.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

twohands!!!

Laois: 0-11(11) Clare: 2-17(23) after 60 minutes.

Laois went down to 14 when McLoughlin was sent off for a 2nd yellow.

Listening to it on Clare FM, Clare definitely sound like they are worth the lead - Laois playing fairly defensive and their only scoring threat seems to be Attride who got 3 from play, Conway got 1 point from play and Kingston got the remainder from frees.

Blowitupref

Captain Obvious

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 01, 2017, 04:23:18 PM

Listening to it on Clare FM, Clare definitely sound like they are worth the lead - Laois playing fairly defensive and their only scoring threat seems to be Attride who got 3 from play, Conway got 1 point from play and Kingston got the remainder from frees.
2-18(24) conceded. A Blanket defence full of holes??

laoislad

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 01, 2017, 04:39:30 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on July 01, 2017, 04:23:18 PM

2-18(24) conceded. A Blanket defence full of holes??
Full of players who don't  give a shite.
On another note I've just read an online report saying Clare used 7 subs!!!
I hope to feck that's not true, no point getting beat twice by the same team as Armagh know all to well.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU