GAA on the TV

Started by Captain Scarlet, June 15, 2017, 07:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

I see after the demise of Seo Spoirt Dara O'Cinneide has a new gig starting on RTE this Monday. GAA Nua.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9R1BvzziX0

In fairness it looks good and I think the Kerryman is good TV and should be brought in for more things. One issue I have is that it talks about unrivaled access when the teams let them in during the league and it seems to be much about the new trends in the GAA.

As It stands now Seo Spoirt is gone, I don't see anything about Thank GAA, or a similar preview show either. So on a Friday or Saturday at the height of championship we won't get to see anything on TV??
As I said the new show will be good I am sure, but it's on a Monday and won't have anything in relation to current matches or issues.

Maybe I am out here, but it seems wrong that there is no TV show on a Friday where we hear from players or managers about what is actually happening. That being said the media bans are getting so bad now they probably wouldn't even appear anyway.

Maybe I am the only one that gives a shite but promoting the games THAT weekend would surely be in the interest of the broadcaster.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

westbound

I completely agree.

Any sort of a preview show on a friday evening or saturday morning (like football focus / Gillette soccer saturday) would be a great addition.

Unfortunately, I think the head of sport in RTE is not the best man to promote GAA in RTE.

But surely the GAA should take action to ensure better promotion is part of any contract negotiations.

Ball Hopper

Anybody able to provide a link for this show?

twohands!!!

Ball Hopper

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 20, 2017, 08:51:27 PM
http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/gaa-nua-30004731/

Not available outside the island of Ireland...any plan B?  Most things end up on youtube these days, so I'll look for it there.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Ball Hopper on June 20, 2017, 08:54:10 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on June 20, 2017, 08:51:27 PM
http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/gaa-nua-30004731/

Not available outside the island of Ireland...any plan B?  Most things end up on youtube these days, so I'll look for it there.

No idea, sorry.

There wasn't a huge amount of depth to the program - it was very much a general overview of the area.

Captain Scarlet

I heard it was good, and I think there is a place for it BUT what about preview shows or any current issues.
As I said maybe it vexes me more, but when this is the time to really promote the games, and already have some big games in both codes it's an awful shame there is nothing on the TV.
I know the Sky deal isn't popular but Christ if they had more games they would promote their own coverage...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

giveballaghback

A preview show full of yerras and I suppose.... no thanks, a proper highlights show on a Monday night showing coverage of all the weekend games if what is needed.

macdanger2

Just finished watching GAA nua, thought it was very interesting although I think the analysis they showed seemed to be mainly data collection & presentation rather than using the data to generate valuable insights.

Thank GAA it's Friday last year was a good watch I thought

Avondhu star

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 20, 2017, 11:00:33 PM
A preview show full of yerras and I suppose.... no thanks, a proper highlights show on a Monday night showing coverage of all the weekend games if what is needed.
You mean a show full of "look"    "we have great respect"  "Ruislip is a hard place to go" and a few Davy Fitzisms
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 20, 2017, 11:00:33 PM

GAA 2017
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...