Slaughtneil

Started by Feckitt, February 12, 2017, 02:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Eire Og in Carlow too...win numerous Leinster titles but couldn't push on.

Walter Cronc

Other than Kilcoo, Scotstown and possibly Cross there's not a whole lot in Ulster to seriously challenge them so they may well be back.

oakleaflad

Ulster Hurling and Camogie champions again. Would be some achievement if they could retain the football title too. I wouldn't bet against it though.

JoG2

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 22, 2017, 05:50:18 PM
Ulster Hurling and Camogie champions again. Would be some achievement if they could retain the football title too. I wouldn't bet against it though.

This run Slaughtneil are on really is incredible. They've been on the road now for a long time without much of a break, and a good few of them dual players to boot. Collectively they've some fire in the bellies.

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on October 22, 2017, 07:05:21 PM

This run Slaughtneil are on really is incredible. They've been on the road now for a long time without much of a break, and a good few of them dual players to boot. Collectively they've some fire in the bellies.

Unless they're all IC players it's hard to make out they haven't had a break.

JoG2

Quote from: Syferus on October 22, 2017, 07:09:46 PM

You're due a break

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on October 22, 2017, 07:15:31 PM

You're due a break

You got corrected and this is your response. Nice.

quit yo jibbajabba

Open to debate whether he got corrected or not laddo

currychip

Why bother making a comment like that.  He was just pointing up that they are high achievers.  Derry clubs dont win hurling titles.  They did back to back and a big proportion of that team excel at football as well.

Champion The Wonder Horse

At this juncture, I would just like to point that you do not have a clue.

longballin

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on October 22, 2017, 08:36:12 PM

At this juncture, I would just like to point that you do not have a clue.

Feeling a bit left out... whats a IC player?

Newbridge Exile

Intercounty I would hazard a guess

longballin

Syferus

Quote from: currychip on October 22, 2017, 07:52:25 PM

Why bother making a comment like that.  He was just pointing up that they are high achievers.  Derry clubs dont win hurling titles.  They did back to back and a big proportion of that team excel at football as well.

I have huge respect for what Slaughtneil have done. I don't know who wouldn't. But it's wrong to say they've had no break, realistically only McKaigue and the like have went without much of a break and even then Derry didn't exactly have that long of a summer. Their achievements stand high enough to be worthy of praise without adding unrealistic relish to it.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Syferus on October 22, 2017, 10:25:30 PM
Quote from: currychip on October 22, 2017, 07:52:25 PM

I have huge respect for what Slaughtneil have done. I don't know who wouldn't. But it's wrong to say they've had no break, realistically only McKaigue and the like have went without much of a break and even then Derry didn't exactly have that long of a summer. Their achievements stand high enough to be worthy of praise without adding unrealistic relish to it.

They started training for the 2016 season in January 2016. It finished in March 2017, at which point they would have  continued training for the 2017 season, which is still ongoing. Providing they win Ulster, that will be two years.