Slaughtneil

Started by Feckitt, February 12, 2017, 02:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Stallion on February 20, 2017, 04:12:37 PM
I haven't suggested otherwise. However, as I stated, the fact players from outside their normal catchment are playing for them has been kept very quiet in this discussion.

Glad to highlight it in order to give a more accurate picture of the situation.

Accurate picture of what?? Your pure bitterness, your negativity, your childish rants, of being a WUM?? You did, well done!

Anyone that thinks players should not play for their club cause they live up the road in a different town is a nob
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

"Anyone that thinks players should not play for their club cause they live up the road in a different town is a nob"

I have never suggested this. You seem to be arguing with a viewpoint which you wrongly assume I hold.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Stallion on February 21, 2017, 06:52:11 AM
"Anyone that thinks players should not play for their club cause they live up the road in a different town is a nob"

I have never suggested this. You seem to be arguing with a viewpoint which you wrongly assume I hold.

The first paragraph is for you, the second is for those righteous ones
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

I'm not sure why you think I'm bitter. I don't begrudge Slaughtneil their success, in fact I bet on them to win the All Ireland.

I just find their dull, cynical brand of football hard to watch. Others clearly don't.

rabbit

Who are the Slaughtneil players from outside the catchment?

general_lee

Would Slaughtneil be smaller than ballinderry? I read somewhere they'd something like 300 households which to me isn't that small a pick at all

TransitVanMan

If I am totally honest (unlike Stallion) I do begrudge Sneil their success.......just a bit mind. Most clubs would be envious of the success of their neighbouring club.

But to cal their style dull and cynical is just untrue. Sammy, Poddy Cassidy, Shane McGuigan, Cormac Doherty are all exciting players to watch. The McKaigues, Rogers, McNeill, Feeney and the twin will all burst out from defence to join attacks.

Certainly they know how to close out a game, but don't forget that they work themselves into a postion where they are able to do just that. When they are in full flow they are good to watch. They can't control how the opposition chooses to set-up but have proven adept at counter-acting different approaches.

Pace, agression, control, accuracy, good game management -  I look for these attributes when I judge performances.

I suppose it depends what your looking for in a team.

What do you look for Stallion?
Get in the Van!

The Stallion

A brand of football which doesn't bore the life out of me is always a good start.

Young McGuigan is certainly a fine footballer. It's unfortunate he is shackled by the tactics Slaughtneil employ.

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: Billy Magoo on February 19, 2017, 11:54:11 PM
Quote from: longballin on February 19, 2017, 11:41:14 PM
Not naming players on this board but there are players lived and have been living in catchment area of other clubs who play for Slaughtneil.

Easy way out longballin.  Saying you'll name no player simply cause you know there are none.  As for Shannon Graham. Yes she's from Antrim.  Her mother was one of the Cassidys,  sister of Thomas. My understanding is that she opted to come to slaughtneil as her own club had no team.  As for the footballers tones you wanna name any who fall into the category I outlined above?

According to our girls Billy, that's not true at all, that Creggan have a very good camogie team and to say the least were not all pleased with how Slaughtneil prised her way and claim that her transfer was illegal and that the Derry clubs will be objecting to her playing in Derry leagues and championship this year

Taylor

Agree with Stallion on this.
Very boring team to watch throughout most of the Derry & onwards cship (from games I saw).

Nothing expansive or exciting about them but by god they know how to win games.

Begrudge their success for sure but have a slight admiration for them.

As for taking players from other places - moot point considering all of the top/successful teams do it - recent prime example being Cross or indeed Galls and thats not even going into Dublin clubs

PW Nally

Christ sake, clear as mud that Stallion and Taylor one and the same plonker ruining multiple threads and making a joke of the board.

Time to check out here perhaps.

JoG2

Quote from: Taylor on February 21, 2017, 12:52:24 PM
Agree with Stallion on this.
Very boring team to watch throughout most of the Derry & onwards cship (from games I saw).

Nothing expansive or exciting about them but by god they know how to win games.

Begrudge their success for sure
but have a slight admiration for them.

As for taking players from other places - moot point considering all of the top/successful teams do it - recent prime example being Cross or indeed Galls and thats not even going into Dublin clubs

In a nutshell

The Stallion

Quote from: PW Nally on February 21, 2017, 12:55:38 PM
Christ sake, clear as mud that Stallion and Taylor one and the same plonker ruining multiple threads and making a joke of the board.

Time to check out here perhaps.

I have never posted under any other username, and I'm happy for any moderator to confirm that I am not Taylor. Perhaps then you can apologise for the wrongful accusation.

The Stallion

And to be clear, unlike Taylor, I don't begrudge them their success, nor do I have slight admiration for them.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

OverTheBlackSpot

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on February 21, 2017, 12:44:06 PM
Quote from: Billy Magoo on February 19, 2017, 11:54:11 PM
Quote from: longballin on February 19, 2017, 11:41:14 PM
Not naming players on this board but there are players lived and have been living in catchment area of other clubs who play for Slaughtneil.

Easy way out longballin.  Saying you'll name no player simply cause you know there are none.  As for Shannon Graham. Yes she's from Antrim.  Her mother was one of the Cassidys,  sister of Thomas. My understanding is that she opted to come to slaughtneil as her own club had no team.  As for the footballers tones you wanna name any who fall into the category I outlined above?

According to our girls Billy, that's not true at all, that Creggan have a very good camogie team and to say the least were not all pleased with how Slaughtneil prised her way and claim that her transfer was illegal and that the Derry clubs will be objecting to her playing in Derry leagues and championship this year

Our girls lol, if the girl in question here was to the standard of your own players would you be worried about her transfer ? I'm getting the feeling of sourgrapes here, if she wasn't playing in this years championship V Bellaghy would yous have put up a better performance?
Plus has she not been playing for Slaughtneil for a few seasons, but only now after winning an Ulster title and reaching the AI final "our girls" claim the transfer was illegal ?