Slaughtneil

Started by Feckitt, February 12, 2017, 02:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Stallion your a miserable oul soul; be it in any thread you post in.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on February 20, 2017, 09:49:05 PM
Have the goal posts just moved?

I think so, apparently it is a bigger aspiration for your local club to play nice football than for them to get to three all Ireland senior finals in one year across three different disciplines. Some people are hard to please.

Reminds me of a Frankie Boyle joke. When John Logie Baird invented the television, his mate commented "aye, but there's f*ck all on"!
That was never a square ball!!

theticklemister

Benny you over for Congress?

BennyHarp

Quote from: theticklemister on February 20, 2017, 10:14:11 PM

I'm not. Are you on that jolly this year?
That was never a square ball!!

The Stallion

" i think so, apparently it is a bigger aspiration for your local club to play nice football than for them to get to three all Ireland senior finals in one year across three different disciplines. Some people are hard to please"

Many people seem to think winning an All Ireland playing the dull brand of football Slaughtneil play is something to aspire to. That's their opinion and I understand it's a widely held one.

Personally I think its a real shame men are prepared to abandon all the good things about the game in favour of risk free, cynical football in order to win a medal.

It's just my opinion. I'm well aware many people are proponents of the win at any cost mentality but I think it's a blight on the game.

TransitVanMan

You know Stallion, you can get Kerry Golden Years on DVD now.  That old tape of yours is bound to be getting a bit fuzzy.
Get in the Van!

The Stallion

I don't have a tape or DVD of it. Not sure why you would think that. No apology necessary, but please don't make things up in future.

Minder

Stallion hell bent on ruining another thread with his "routine"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theticklemister

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 20, 2017, 10:21:05 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on February 20, 2017, 10:14:11 PM

I'm not. Are you on that jolly this year?

Yeah I'm over for it. Not a jolly, some serious work!

The Stallion

Quote from: Minder on February 20, 2017, 10:59:47 PM
Stallion hell bent on ruining another thread with his "routine"

I'm not sure why you think me expressing my opinion is ruining a thread. Please explain.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: The Stallion on February 20, 2017, 10:34:34 PM
" i think so, apparently it is a bigger aspiration for your local club to play nice football than for them to get to three all Ireland senior finals in one year across three different disciplines. Some people are hard to please"

Many people seem to think winning an All Ireland playing the dull brand of football Slaughtneil play is something to aspire to. That's their opinion and I understand it's a widely held one.

Personally I think its a real shame men are prepared to abandon all the good things about the game in favour of risk free, cynical football in order to win a medal.

It's just my opinion. I'm well aware many people are proponents of the win at any cost mentality but I think it's a blight on the game.

Personally I think it is a real shame that someone has to abandon all the good things about a GAA related thread in favour of risk free, cynical posts in order to make a point. They think that these dull and boring messages are something to aspire to.....
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

The Stallion

I see what you're trying to do there, but for me it didn't quite work.

BarryBreensBandage

Well, it was posted to undermine your opinion, it was not supposed to 'work' for you. Job done.

The Stallion

Not sure how it undermined my opinion but you seem happy with it. Good for you.

BarryBreensBandage