Slaughtneil

Started by Feckitt, February 12, 2017, 02:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerlik

Champion the wonder horse, seeing it was 38 years since I played u-12, I could be forgiven for forgetting that the Emmets had to join with Swatragh.  But you're spot on with that as when I went to St. Pats most of the Emmets did indeed play for the Davitts.

Kilrea had many very good players but we just weren't coached.

Interestingly, I began reading Siege of Jadotville and saw a reference to the Balubas.  Here's me thinking they were just a figment of the Swatragh imagination/sense of humour.

Watching the Senior Camogie final livestream at the moment.  The weemin are leadin.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

orangeman

The weemen won. What a result for them.

Double is on.

vallankumous

Quote from: orangeman on March 05, 2017, 04:37:58 PM
The weemen won. What a result for them.

Double is on.

Great stuff!!

Aerlik

Jaysus that was quare value.    So impressed with that performance from the girls. 

A very big congratulations from Perth, Australia.  Well past my bedtime but worth the wait.

Milltown Row2

Stallion will be devastated
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

I'm not devastated. In fact I've never been devastated by any GAA team winning any trophy. I am happy for some of the ladies I know on the panel, but beyond that I have little interest.

There seems to be a misunderstanding on your behalf. I don't begrudge Slaughtneil their success. I just don't enjoy the dreary, cynical brand of football they employ.

Happy to clear up the confusion.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Congrats to the Camógs of Slaughtneil, great win. :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

magpie seanie

Well done Slaughtneil.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Have a pair of free (adjacent) Lower Cusacks for the club finals -- PM if interested, on a first come first served basis.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Aerlik

I'm disappointed with the final result and while there will be internal incriminations and investigations about what went went wrong and what might have been, a sincere grma to the Emmets for keeping Derry exiles entertained this year in all three codes.   

Doire abu.

Syferus

You're supposed to lose one to win one. Not many sides get a third bit at the cherry..

The Stallion

There wasn't much entertainment to be had from watching the footballers. Unless you count laughing at the hypocrisy of them complaining about cynical fouls.

shark

Quote from: Syferus on March 19, 2017, 03:11:40 AM
You're supposed to lose one to win one. Not many sides get a third bit at the cherry..

Not many, but some do. Nemo came back from 01 and 02 final defeats to win in 03. There may be others that I can't think of.  But it's a long long road. Certainly there are more examples of teams winning on the second bite.

ONeill

Roscommon's Clann na nGael kept coming back, and back, and back.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Avondhu star

Quote from: ONeill on March 19, 2017, 10:31:07 AM
Roscommon's Clann na nGael kept coming back, and back, and back.
A very good club side but just couldnt go the extra step at club final level
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you