O'Fiaich Cup 2015

Started by tyroneman, December 13, 2015, 03:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Tyrone 1-18, Derry 0-10.

Plenty of new faces in senior set up for Tyrone.

Louth v Armagh postponed till Tue night.

Il Bomber Destro

Wasn't at the game now, seemed to go for a very big physical full forward line with McShane, Quinn and Conlon all named there - not sure where they lined up.

Quinn hit 1-02 - didn't get many opportunities last year. Is he up to it?

tyroneman

Hard to tell anything this time of year. Derry won't be as easy in the league and less so again come the championship.

All you can do is keep taking your chances ....

Fuzzman

What can ye tell us about young Quinn?

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2015/12/14/news/o-fiaich-cup-tyrone-finish-stronger-to-turn-over-derry-353434/

How did Hampsey play?
Will Clarke struggle to stay in the squad this year with the U21 lads pushing through?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 14, 2015, 10:02:48 AM
What can ye tell us about young Quinn?

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2015/12/14/news/o-fiaich-cup-tyrone-finish-stronger-to-turn-over-derry-353434/

How did Hampsey play?
Will Clarke struggle to stay in the squad this year with the U21 lads pushing through?

I'd have high hopes for Conor Clarke - he looks like the type of lad who needs plenty of football to keep him on top of his game and hopefully with an injury free McKenna cup and NFL then we can see him perform to the level he was at before his injuries. If so, then he is a huge asset in my view.
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

I hope you're right Benny but from what I heard he had become even slower last year but maybe he could play the holding CHB role that Colm Cavanagh played so well last year in front of the defence.

Here's some excellent pictures from yesterday for those like myself who dont know the new faces.

https://www.facebook.com/teamtalkmag.tyrone/photos/pcb.1635552303372836/1635548210039912/?type=3&theater

Esmarelda

How does this tournament work with the winter ban?

JoG2

Quote from: Esmarelda on December 14, 2015, 11:10:35 AM

counties are back training collectively, why would they not be allowed to play matches?

Esmarelda

Quote from: JoG2 on December 14, 2015, 12:16:11 PM

counties are back training collectively, why would they not be allowed to play matches?
That's sort of what I was asking. Are all/some counties allowed train in December?

JoG2

Quote from: Esmarelda on December 14, 2015, 02:11:42 PM

That's sort of what I was asking. Are all/some counties allowed train in December?

all depends when you were knocked out of the AI . Don't know the exact dates though

Esmarelda

Quote from: JoG2 on December 14, 2015, 02:51:27 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on December 14, 2015, 02:11:42 PM

all depends when you were knocked out of the AI . Don't know the exact dates though
I'd have thought Tyrone as AISFinalists would have been prevented from playing.

Cunny Funt

Is this pre season before the pre season?

illdecide

Tyrone will probably win everything they enter this year...serious outfit.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Club Rossa

As long as we win the McKenna cup.Anything else is a bonus :o

Throw ball

Armagh 0-17 Louth 4-10.

Tyrone v Louth final