Tyrone v Limerick Sunday 28th June 4pm Healy Park Omagh

Started by Fuzzman, June 08, 2015, 09:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 22, 2015, 11:12:02 AM
It seems like ages since we played Donegal and sounds like a lot has happened since that with a good few changes in the squad.

I see from the weekends results there seems to be a lot of high scoring matches. Does this mean teams are attacking more with less focus on the blanket defence or not necessarily.

I'm looking forward to a very different type of game this Sunday but no doubt Limerick will come with a game plan to frustrate us in our own back yard.

Wonder will we see many of the U21s getting a start. I hope to see a bit more of Mark Bradley.

Matches at the weekend all starred fixtures so no county men playing at all. Should be beating Limerick by at least 8/10 points if they have any notion of still playing football in August. Would be more interested in seeing the younger Brennan. Big decision to be made regarding goalkeepers as well.

Fuzzman

Has Lee Brennan made it into the senior squad?
He's very young is he not?

I see Niall McKenna is back into the squad again. He must be in with a decent chance of playing on Sunday would he not?
I wonder will see much of Joe this year or will he play a sub role.

oakleafgael

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 22, 2015, 12:14:50 PM
Has Lee Brennan made it into the senior squad?
He's very young is he not?

I see Niall McKenna is back into the squad again. He must be in with a decent chance of playing on Sunday would he not?
I wonder will see much of Joe this year or will he play a sub role.

Finished exams last week and called up.
McKenna injured again.

Fuzzman

Great news as he looks a class we player although him, McCurry and Bradley all similar small nippy corner forwards.
Hopefully Skeet can get a run of games now
I thought he played very well v Donegal but again Mickey hauls him off

The Burner

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 16, 2015, 10:20:58 PM
Was talking to my Kerry source today and he was saying that as part of their warmup a few weeks back the Kerry Juniors played the Limerick senior team and hammered them off the pitch.

He did said that it is a very strong Kerry Junior team this year (and said they will be very hard beat in terms of the Junior All-Ireland) but that this was basically something like their first or second session together as a team but they took Limerick apart.

He was if the opinion that if Tyrone don't cut them to pieces like a hot knife through butter, Tyrone can pack up their tents and go home for the year.
Your kerry source is talking shite

orangeman

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 22, 2015, 12:47:16 PM
Great news as he looks a class we player although him, McCurry and Bradley all similar small nippy corner forwards.
Hopefully Skeet can get a run of games now
I thought he played very well v Donegal but again Mickey hauls him off

Conor was injured and had to be replaced. Enforced substitution.

Fuzzman

Tyrone: M O'Neill, A McCrory, R McNamee, C McCarron, R McNabb, Justin McMahon, P Harte, C Cavanagh, M Donnelly, T McCann, R O'Neill, R Brennan, D McCurry, S Cavanagh, C McAliskey.

Who's that at Full back OmaghJoe?
Anyone wanna meet in the Birches before hand?

Aaron Boone

Match commentary will also be available on Limerick's Live95 FM.
Brudair will have his troops well primed for this one.

omagh_gael

A defensive enough setup there, especially in half forward line.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 25, 2015, 09:38:45 PM
Tyrone: M O'Neill, A McCrory, R McNamee, C McCarron, R McNabb, Justin McMahon, P Harte, C Cavanagh, M Donnelly, T McCann, R O'Neill, R Brennan, D McCurry, S Cavanagh, C McAliskey.

Who's that at Full back OmaghJoe?
Anyone wanna meet in the Birches before hand?

You tell me..

ONeill

Decent side. Nothing radical. 13-15 can cut sides up at this stage.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Am still looking for a 86 retro Jersey if anyone can get me one.
Might get Ball No 7 on it

Interesting Mickey is putting Donnelly at MF.
I think he's suffering from his adaptability and so is not really getting settled into any position but then again nobody plays the same position the whole match any more.
Donegal rotate their forward line something serious these days

BennyHarp

Happy with that team. Positions hardly matter these days and getting Matty Donnelly on the ball in a bit of space and more advanced can only be a good thing. Hopefully see Conor Clarke and Lee Brennan at some point.
That was never a square ball!!

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: The Burner on June 22, 2015, 11:56:32 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on June 16, 2015, 10:20:58 PM
Was talking to my Kerry source today and he was saying that as part of their warmup a few weeks back the Kerry Juniors played the Limerick senior team and hammered them off the pitch.

He did said that it is a very strong Kerry Junior team this year (and said they will be very hard beat in terms of the Junior All-Ireland) but that this was basically something like their first or second session together as a team but they took Limerick apart.

He was if the opinion that if Tyrone don't cut them to pieces like a hot knife through butter, Tyrone can pack up their tents and go home for the year.
Your kerry source is talking shite

Not total shite..that game DID take place and Limerick were poor I'm told. Kerry won by 4 I was told. Kerry Juniors had full team out but Limerick might not have been full strength.

It's a horrible draw for Limerick and Tyrone should really be winning but there is some quality in that Limerick team. The likes of Ian Ryan, Seánie Buckley and Johnny McCarthy would hold their own in most company. They are missing quite a few quality players who they can't afford to lose though and certainly this wouldn't be the strongest panel they've had in recent seasons.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Fuzzman

What's your thoughts on the months ahead Ciarri_Thuaidh?
How will ye fair with all yer big guns back?
If ye meet the Dubs will his go gung-ho shoot out or play like last years final?
How do you rate Donegal and would you like another bite at them?
Are they your new hated Ulster nouveau riche or do you not mind them so much as they've only beaten ye once so far?
The Dubs I know despise them & aren't too keen on meeting us either.
They will dread meeting any well organised blanket defence style team this year having waltzed through Leinster again. It used to be bad enough for them to avoid just one ulster team in the 1/4s but realistically you could sldo have Monaghan and Armagh/Tyrone/Derry too should we avoid any surprises or Cork.
Last year all the talk was Dublin but this year I think any of 3 can win it.