The Patronising Dublin Fan Thread

Started by Sidney, August 09, 2014, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Sidney

Quote from: larryin89 on August 10, 2014, 01:56:20 AM
Sidney = dublin player
Only when it comes to women*.

*Not tonight, though - I'm writing this from the comfort of my own home, rather than from outside the ladies jacks in Copper's. I reserve my trips to Copper's for the night of the All-Ireland final, these days.

Ohtoohtobe

In fairness, Sidney is so good at this that these could be actual Jim Gavin quotes. And I'd much prefer a bit of honesty than this plamasing nonsense.

J70

That's some good stuff Sidney in the last few days!

T Fearon

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on August 10, 2014, 03:27:25 AM
In fairness, Sidney is so good at this that these could be actual Jim Gavin quotes. And I'd much prefer a bit of honesty than this plamasing nonsense.

It's what his media management staff tell him to say.
#newbridgeornowhere

mylestheslasher

Sidney, have Dublin invented a new magic formula on how to play the game and is it patented.

INDIANA

Quote from: Sidney on August 10, 2014, 01:50:53 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 10, 2014, 01:38:45 AM
Delete this thread and cop onto yourself.  It's not long ago Dublin supporters would've given their arm off a Leinster title and those days will be here again soon
I think the danger here is that Dublin players might log onto this forum, read this thread, and get so overconfident that Donegal end up blitzing them. Could this thread end up costing Dublin the All-Ireland? That's the very real danger, I guess. The INTERNET is serious business, after all. It's a high stakes game I'm playing.

Why are you giving him oxygen. He's a WUM.

macdanger2

Sidney is only saying what every Dublin supporter thinks, fair play for your honesty sid  :)

From the Bunker

Quote from: Sidney on August 10, 2014, 12:21:03 AM
Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2014, 12:10:01 AM
Sidney, what do you make of the Leinster Championship?
It has a great tradition and I'd never denigrate it. People might say that it has become too easy for Dublin but that's certainly not how we'd see it. Each title is as meaningful to us as the last. You never get tired of the feeling. Kildare have made great strides in recent years and of course every match against Meath is always 50-50, that's why their our greatest rivals*.

I've great regard for the work being done in places like Wexford, Westmeath, Laois, Louth and Longford, too. Wexford reached an All-Ireland semi-final in the not too distant past while Westmeath, Laois and Louth won long-awaited Leinster titles, so arguably Leinster football is as strong as it's ever been. There are good footballers in every county, not just Dublin.

Sad to see what's happening in Offaly though. Gaelic football needs a strong Offaly, most of all so we can sing "Fourteen On and Fourteen Off" at their supporters**.

*We always have the height of respect for them, however.

**In a patronising manner.

Now that's patronising - Donn't know if it is more to  Meath than it is to Louth?

Sidney

I was listening to Padraic Lodge's radio commentary of the match yesterday, and he referred to "the rain falling quite heavily on the patrons of Hill 16".

I liked that reference, and would appeal to everybody to refer to Dublin supporter as "patrons" from now, much like happens at Augusta during the US Masters.

CD

I'm sure he said pigeons. The pigeons of Hill 16.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2014, 11:21:25 AM
Delete this thread and cop onto yourself.  It's not long ago Dublin supporters would've given their arm off a Leinster title and those days will be here again soon
I think the danger here is that Dublin players might log onto this forum, read this thread, and get so overconfident that Donegal end up blitzing them. Could this thread end up costing Dublin the All-Ireland? That's the very real danger, I guess. The INTERNET is serious business, after all. It's a high stakes game I'm playing.

Of course he is, but he's funny. That's what makes the difference. Sidney isn't a troll - he's a GAA Johnathan Swift. More luck to you Sid.

Sidney

Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2014, 08:14:41 AM
Sid,that's Vicious
Sid Vicious played bass while in Dublin we're more interested in the treble.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 10, 2014, 12:05:39 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2014, 11:21:25 AM

Of course he is, but he's funny. That's what makes the difference. Sidney isn't a troll - he's a GAA Johnathan Swift. More luck to you Sid.

If you want to see trolls at play, roll over to the Mayo v Kerry thread. Jesus. :(