Meath vs Carlow, Dr Cullen Park, June 15th

Started by thejuice, May 25, 2014, 11:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Carlovians are notorious for this reverse psychology craic.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

stevecw

Sadly for us, this time all the talking down is genuine. Never ever seen the Carlow football team in a worse way than it is right now.

Finished bottom of Div 4, conceded the most scores in the country, and have a clueless manager who knows he is gone after this summer no matter what.
Most of our best players either didn't get involved or else left during the league. Brendan Murphy (our star player), Sean Gannon(cptn last yr), Derek Hayden (Most naturally talented Carlow player), JJ Smith (best scoring fwd), he actually got the goal in the draw game v ye in 2012. Those among many others are not involved. There are 15 players in Carlow who would hammer what will be our team in DCP on June 15th.

It will be the most one sided game of the championship, and Meath will learn nothing from it.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 26, 2014, 09:10:18 PM
Will you even go along stevecw?

He was bang on the money last year when he called our game. Are you gonna put money on the spread again steve? Sounds like things have gone from bad to worse.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Sea The Stars

I heard Cillian O'Sullivan was let go off the panel a few weeks ago. I would agree with the team on the opening page except I would definitely find a place for Damian Carroll either in the half-back line or the half-forward line. Brilliant footballer and a really hard worker. Also I'd probably have Seanie Curran ahead of Caolon Young but that's just my opinion. Eoghan Harrington will also be desperately unlucky to miss out as he has been one of the more consistent players in the League. There's probably a stronger panel to pick from this year plus I'd be interested in some of the newer players that were brought in. I hope there's at least one surprise in the line-up for Carlow, maybe James McEntee or Bobby O'Brien in the half-forward line.

Jinxy

I thought Cillian O'Sullivan was injured, is he not?

thejuice

Well Micko said apart from Eamon Wallace we should have a full hand to play for this. As for if O'Sullivan not being on the panel, who can say, it's always inuendo and rumour this time of year.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stevecw

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 26, 2014, 09:14:46 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 26, 2014, 09:10:18 PM
Will you even go along stevecw?

He was bang on the money last year when he called our game. Are you gonna put money on the spread again steve? Sounds like things have gone from bad to worse.

Yep Farrandeelin I will be there as always. Go to most Carlow matches and wouldn't miss a championship game for anything, even though this one will be a hard watch.

Ha yeah I remember that from last year the 6/5 on offer for Westmeath to beat us by more than 6, couldn't believe it. Ended up sticking 150 on it and was easiest money I ever won. We were brutal last year, but somehow have managed to get a lot worse since.

Will wait & see what the spread is, but I see already Meath are 1/33 & Carlow are 10/1 so the bookies seem to be in the know too this time.

thejuice

Well the lads gave Sligo a trimming in Trim a few nights ago, 4:20 to 1:10. Sligo very bad by all accounts. No word of a line up or anything. Injuries still a mystery.

Hardy

Conor Gillespie out with a damaged cruciate. That's three key players out with the same injury now.

agorm

Yes Hardy, terrible news about Conor Gillespie for tyhe chap himself, Summerhill and the county.

Jinxy

thejuice

Damn, thats an awful shame to hear. What way are we for midfield now?

By the way, the boul' Joe scored 2-05 for Senchalstown at the weekend. Just saying.