Na fir na Mí agus na fir Gaillimhe. Tá cluiche peile san Uaimh, De Domhnaigh.

Started by thejuice, January 28, 2014, 09:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2014, 05:54:11 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 28, 2014, 11:51:02 AM
Quote from: thejuice on January 28, 2014, 11:11:01 AM
More or less that's what I was trying to say.

Hi no wonder people get nervous speaking Irish, you made a decent effort and get criticised. Coinnigh ag dul!

Maith thú!

I didn't realise I was being criticised.  :o

I'm outraged!!

TÁ MO GAELIGE MUCHO FOIRFE!   >:( >:( >:( >:(
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Ard-Rí

Meath? Self-esteem issues? Haaaaaaardly ...

I have a plan for this game. 6 Donal Keoghans in defence. If we score once that'll be enough.

What would the vocative of 'fir' be?  .. 'a fheara' .. ?
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Jinxy

Quote from: Ard-Rí on January 28, 2014, 11:51:55 PM

I have a plan for this game. 6 Donal Keoghans in defence. If we score once that'll be enough.

We all dream of a team of Donal Keoghans....
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Ard-Rí on January 28, 2014, 11:51:55 PM

Muintir na h idirlione?

RoyalBadger

Think we should have the measure of them. At our lowest ebb they only beat us by a point at home in the league and in the championship we still beat them despite not turning up until the 65th minute. Good football folk though in Galway. Much better at taking their beating than their neighbours
Meath by the grace of MOD

seafoid

Meath fans can be very capricious

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=22659.msg1196266#msg1196266

O ye of little faith.
And of course they were going to do it on the last day.

I suppose the main benefit for them of being out of D3 is that they don't have to listen to the insufferable Syfin. That must have interfered with the point scoring.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=22659.0

DJGaliv

I know I missed all of pre-season. Didn't show up for the FBD, but I'm back now for the start of the league.

It'll be very interesting to see how counties adapt to the black card. I worry a small bit of how we changed our game last year to moderate success by becoming quite defensive and slightly cynical against Armagh. I don't think we'll go too far if we continue down that route, but it certainly brought us a bit more stability.

There's no team in our division that I'd fear, but there are no teams that I'd be full confident of us beating.

seafoid

I found my copy of the 2001 AIF programme there and it seems the only time Meath beat Galway in a serious fuball match was in the 1970 AISF.

Meath were put to the sword in the 66 and 01 finals and beaten in semis in 40 and 64

(Coming out the winner by one point in a titanically lethargic early QF only to be steamrolled in the next round  by some other no hoper doesn't count).

IolarCoisCuain

Jinxy

You'd miss that division 3 thread all the same.
It was like a pub lock-in down the country, compared to the wine & cheese reception that is the division 2 thread.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ard-Rí

Gaeil na gramadaí cirte, salt of the earth.

Hard to know what way to pick the team for this one, I'd try the following:

O'Rourke
Keoghan, Reilly, Burke
Dalton, Menton, Tobin
Gillespie, Tormey
Reilly, Carroll, Wallace
Lenihan, S Bray, Newman.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on January 29, 2014, 11:11:44 PM
It was like a pub lock-in down the country, compared to the wine & cheese reception that is the division 2 thread.
But the new arrivals were on Xanax tablets for the first few weeks before they felt they could clear their throats and say what they really thought.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Jinxy on January 29, 2014, 11:11:44 PM

You miss Syferus that much?!?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

thejuice

I don't think he is,

He's about 34 years old at this stage and he's got a few knee surgeries done in the last few years. Mick O'Dowd is also most definitely focusing on youth and building up a team to compete for silverware in the coming years.

A great player though, really gave his all to the jersey even though he would have been smaller than a good few of his opponents. His catch on the edge of square in the 2010 Leinster final (which lead to "that goal") was something else.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016