Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 07, 2018, 02:00:22 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on September 06, 2018, 10:08:39 PM
On a side note, has the partying finished after we wo...I mean lost the biggest game of the year? Would hate to see the bar tabs if we ever win again.

Is this a wind up mate?  I dont want to bite to wind ups.

No wind-up. I'm all for going together to somewhere quiet and drowning your sorrows. But a bus to Belfast after basically being beat after 1 half in an All-Ireland is somewhat ridiculous. Harks back to thousands greeting the Irish team after losing to Spain in 2002.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Therealdonald on September 07, 2018, 04:53:02 PM
On a side note, has the partying finished after we wo...I mean lost the biggest game of the year? Would hate to see the bar tabs if we ever win again.

No wind-up. I'm all for going together to somewhere quiet and drowning your sorrows. But a bus to Belfast after basically being beat after 1 half in an All-Ireland is somewhat ridiculous. Harks back to thousands greeting the Irish team after losing to Spain in 2002.

Is that you Roy?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gaafan2

Have to agree, they seem fairly pleased with reaching an all ireland final. Hopefully that's not the limit of their ambitions.

laceer

They've likely put their social lives on hold for the best part of a year. They're young. Let them at it.

GJL

Quote from: laceer on September 07, 2018, 06:28:37 PM
They've likely put their social lives on hold for the best part of a year. They're young. Let them at it.

I suspect the people complaining about it are young as well.

Dire Ear

Quote from: laceer on September 07, 2018, 06:28:37 PM
Absolutely

rrhf

Them lads deserve to unwind whatever way they want, like their predecessors. The sacrifices they make to get to an all Ireland final are huge.

Jim Bob

Wise up would ye FFS!!!!

Puckoon

How many All Ireland Finals did you lads questioning the celebrations play in?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Puckoon on September 08, 2018, 05:02:38 AM
How many All Ireland Finals did you lads questioning the celebrations play in?

I think you seriously underestimate the level of effort and commitment required to consistently find things to moan and give out about, especially during a season when the team actually does quite well. It's a long off season before we get back the proper moaning season again starting with the grumbles about the McKenna cup squad in January building up to peak season with full on personal abuse in mid June to August. I think we should allow these lads one last big moan after a tough hard season.
That was never a square ball!!

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tyroneman

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 10, 2018, 09:59:08 AM
https://www.independent.ie/sport/columnists/joe-brolly/joe-brolly-mickey-harte-continues-to-hold-tyrone-back-37297069.html

Another butcher job on Tyrone from Brolly

And if we had won what would Joe have said about Harte...entertainment  / click bait and serious critical analysis are rarely one and the same.

At least when McGuinness puts his 2c forward he's speaking from a place of actually having won an AI as a manager.

southtyronegael

don't think it was a butcher job on tyrone, just harte. hard to argue against any of what he said though. only thing he was wrong on was that it wasn't mc shane who pushed cooper in the back for second goal, was meyler. on another note, was chattin to a monaghan player at weekend and he gave me the name of the tyrone player who called drew wylie an OB. disappointed but not totally surprised at who it was.

Knock Yer Mucker In