Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: charlieTully on October 22, 2017, 08:30:11 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on October 22, 2017, 07:23:54 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-its-now-a-question-of-what-we-truly-stand-for-36249217.html

is this total shite or retrospective? bizarre it would be Oct before an under 16 final would need to be played in any county.
U-16 finals still not played in Tyrone and looking at draw for Spirit of Paul McGirr the Donegal champions not yet known either.
I know it Tyrone the u-16's is an August-October competition to minimise overlap with u-14's and u-18's (March - July).

rosnarun

and joe of course has no interest in filthy lucre  what rich barrister does ? esp on so busy with Charity. which has over taken patriotism as the last refuge of the scoundrel?
bry he kust cant understand why these working class boy feel the need to make a few Bob
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Hound

Quote from: dublin7 on October 22, 2017, 10:09:46 PM

I thought his piece today was excellent. Comparing all the unheralded work done by volunteers in the GAA against Colm Copper's "testimonial" dinner.

While I generally like Brolly and generally don't like Cooper, I find this type of comparison as pure nonsense.

Cooper's dinner has no impact whatsoever on the "unheralded work done by volunteers".
Cooper is a GAA superstar, and if he wants to sell a dinner, then I couldnt give a rat's ass. Doesn't affect me one iota, and I certainly won't buy a seat. But there's no reason for me to stop someone else buying a seat, if that's what they really want to do.

FFS, the "woe is me" shite about volunteers is vomit inducing. Of course it's "unheralded work", that's why we need to get volunteers to do it!

Cooper is also a volunteer at Dr Crokes, still playing senior and helps out with coaching of one of the underage teams (U16 I think). And turns up for all kinds of events run by the club.

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on October 22, 2017, 08:43:03 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on October 22, 2017, 08:30:11 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on October 22, 2017, 07:23:54 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-its-now-a-question-of-what-we-truly-stand-for-36249217.html

is this total shite or retrospective? bizarre it would be Oct before an under 16 final would need to be played in any county.

Its Antrim

Down Minor hurling still hasn't be finished, we've another week and two days to wait for that final on the first of november.

redhandefender

I love how brolly positions himself as some sort of crusader for the people and idiots lap it up. Anyone who can not see this mans ego is at the core of everything he does and there is plenty not for putting on this board are completely deluded

quit yo jibbajabba

It runs deep with the Trone ones  :D

BennyCake

I see tight-arse Brolly couldn't stump up a further required £2 for an Antrim final.

I wonder how many of us would get in having not paid the full amount.

red hander

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 23, 2017, 05:08:10 PM
It runs deep with the Trone ones  :D

To be fair, the guy's a cockwomble

dublin7

Quote from: redhandefender on October 23, 2017, 05:04:14 PM
I love how brolly positions himself as some sort of crusader for the people and idiots lap it up. Anyone who can not see this mans ego is at the core of everything he does and there is plenty not for putting on this board are completely deluded

He gave a kidney to save a life and has used that publicity to increase the awareness of donating organs. How can you possibly have a problem with that!!!!!
It must be tough to go through life with such a bitter attitude

rosnarun

Quote from: dublin7 on October 23, 2017, 07:38:57 PM

He gave a kidney to save a life and has used that publicity to increase the awareness of donating organs. How can you possibly have a problem with that!!!!!
again with the kidney .
whats that to do with the GAA unless the gooch was the recipient
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Real Talk

Quote from: rosnarun on October 23, 2017, 08:08:37 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on October 23, 2017, 07:38:57 PM

again with the kidney .
whats that to do with the GAA unless the gooch was the recipient

Ros you are one twisted person

trileacman

All that kidney stuff is bollix.

Why does donating a kidney give you carte blanche to insult and deride people when giving ~15 years of your life for free to entertain and inspire thousands of people doesn't entitle you to have a whip-around when you finish up?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

screenexile

Quote from: trileacman on October 23, 2017, 09:30:44 PM
All that kidney stuff is bollix.

Why does donating a kidney give you carte blanche to insult and deride people when giving ~15 years of your life for free to entertain and inspire thousands of people doesn't entitle you to have a whip-around when you finish up?

Oh look more Tyrone men who didn't like Brolly blowing kisses at them. . .

Jim Bob

What has Brolly blowing kisses got to do with it ?

quit yo jibbajabba

Ye may ask the Trone wans. Theybe won 3 all irelands since then but they still havent got over it  :D