Meath Vs Kildare - 5/6/2011, Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by thejuice, May 22, 2011, 05:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

There's a rumour that Kit Henry and Dudley Farrell are the replacement selectors.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mattockranger

2 points i'd like to make

1. on Kit and Dudley seems obvious candidates bum chums and slot in no problem cause they've no interest in ever managing the county outright Kit had Banty down with us last year so thats where i see the connection but expect Brian in the corner alan on the panel...and kit to look bemused on the line! perfect for banty two lads keep stum and look pretty and pick up the mileage 

and 2. I wouldn't take too much out of Mikeys performance that was an average Louth junior Outfit slung together

that is all
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Jinxy

Quote from: mattockranger on May 27, 2011, 05:28:32 PM

2 points i'd like to make

1. on Kit and Dudley seems obvious candidates bum chums and slot in no problem cause they've no interest in ever managing the county outright Kit had Banty down with us last year so thats where i see the connection but expect Brian in the corner alan on the panel...and kit to look bemused on the line! perfect for banty two lads keep stum and look pretty and pick up the mileage 

and 2. I wouldn't take too much out of Mikeys performance that was an average Louth junior Outfit slung together

that is all

:-\

mattockranger

lets just put it this way.....the two boys won't upset the apple cart

Banty grimley and Mcelkennon will have full control
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Jinxy

squire_in_navy_slacks

lads the selectors wont be lining out, im sure the meath lads have enough pride there to go out and put in a performance .............. kildare weren't on fire against wicklow

Jinxy

Jinxy

I think we can rule out Dudley as a selector.

Would it be enough, though? For the first time in their history Meath will field a championship team with no Meathman running the line and, for some, it is too much. "You have to have a passion for a county," says Dudley Farrell, father of Brian and a selector under Colm Coyle. "How can you have a passion for Monaghan or Kildare one year and a passion for Meath the next? You can't turn a tap on and create it. When they sold this package we were told they'd bring Meath to a new level. Well, they certainly did that. They brought it to an all-time low."

Whatever ability Geraghty retains, Farrell argues, the benefits of his return won't compensate for the damage done and that, he feels, is the consensus view. "People are annoyed. I've been involved in Meath football for many years. How's Eamonn O'Brien feeling now? Banty winning a Leinster this year won't be good enough. I don't think he's thought things out too well. He's got a three-year term but in my opinion he hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of seeing out the year."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/strangers-tale-turns-surreal-2660624.html

thejuice

I'm going to wait till we've played a championship match. It's not like we never had a bad league before. We hardly gave O'Brien a fair chance after 2 years now lets not throw Banty under the bus before he got started.

It's just a gut feeling but I'm expecting a much stronger performance than we've previously seen from this team this year.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Jinxy

Something is seriously wrong when the Mayo-London game thread is 31 pages long and the Meath-Kildare thread is only 3 pages long.
The championship proper starts next Sunday.
It's all been belly ticklin up to now.

DB_An_Mhi

It's not the same without some pre-match banter to get the pulses racing.

DB_An_Mhi

WANTED: Clyde McGeeney and his Bandits - They are planning to outdo our heist of the Delaney cup.

Jinxy

If we beat Kildare it'll be the greatest miracle since the son of God turned a load of loaves and fish into wine.

Jinxy