?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

clarshack

Quote from: uimhr ocht on September 26, 2018, 02:48:11 PM
Hayes has been a poor signing add commper,allen,kouasi,thats almost 5 million squandered.

Edouard as well mate.

charlieTully

its amazing the difference a year makes, last year the start of a double treble this year relief at beating st Johnstone, hopefully that steadies the ship.

tyroneman

Ntcham wasn't bad last night to be fair, tried hard, as did KT. Results are all that matters at the moment.

So many questions about this year...

Is there a dressing room split...LG was making it clear he stands with Brendan last night?

Did we really lose McGinn over pocket change or was he determined to go to England?

What is our head of scouting been up to? Really poor buys this past few years

Edouard...£8million...really?

Rogic..has he settled into a comfort zone with his new contract or just having a little bad patch?

Did the Board just assume because we were coming off the back of double trebles that we would coast the league this year?

What has happened to Sinclair?

The squad we have right now, with everyone playing to 90+% is more than good enough to win the SPL....I think we will stick in around 2nd/3rd for a month then start to hit form.

marty34

Some good points raised here.

I think board, after this past few years of getting to champions league, thought that they could squeeze through the qualifying rounds this year without spending any big money....but if managing to go through, then they'd rake in the cash.  They obviously gambled and lost!

Although in fairness, Celtic are a Europa Cup team.  This is where they are at. Scottish football is poor and their champions can't be expected to be in the Champions League year after year.  In the qualifying rounds, and there seems to be more every year, they will get caught out.  This is what happened this summer.

Instead of buying Mc Ginn for a few extra pound, the board thought, I think, they could get by without him.  The Boyata and Dembele situation was handled badly.  Again being greedy, they wanted to hold out but the players wanted to go. I would have sold Boyata also - get the cash in for a player who wants to move on.

Celtic didn't seem to be prepared for these last minute bids etc. so I don't understand that.  The players were sought after so they didn't have a Plan B in who to try and bring in at the last minute.  That's disappointing for me.  Very poor planning by a big club, at every level.

tyroneman

Complacency is always the enemy when you are on top...

From the Bunker

Coming back early to qualify for the Champions League can be disruptive. You are trying to get players up to a certain level right at the beginning of the Season. Hard to come back down then and pace yourself for the long domestic season.

It's got to be hard to sell winning 3 trophies to players that won those three trophies the last 2 years.

illdecide

Dembele & Boyata def disrupted the whole thing, Dembele is gone and BR should have sold Boyota too. I know we're short in central defence but i can't stand seeing the big pri*k wearing the Celtic jersey playing away thinking he's Franko Baresi, If we can just hang in there until Christmas and BR will make 3 quality signings hopefully that will be enough. I do believe things will turn around this season and  we'll come good, no need to panic just yet as there is still 30 games to go...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

MoChara

Applesisapples

Celtic are in no mans land, Rogers needs to start producing otherwise Tony will be back with his Coco lines.

tyroneman

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 01, 2018, 12:24:54 PM
Celtic are in no mans land, Rogers needs to start producing otherwise Tony will be back with his Coco lines.

It's very hard to motivate a team that has just won everything domestically - twice.

Over the Bar

Quote from: tyroneman on October 01, 2018, 01:02:29 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 01, 2018, 12:24:54 PM

It's very hard to motivate a team that has just won everything domestically - twice.

Don't think that's the issue.  Rodgers statements over summer won't have endeared him to some. 

illdecide

BRENDAN RODGERS has prepared Celtic fans for the departure of Dedryck Boyata after the Belgium International has come back into the squad and played a blinder.
The centre-back took heavy criticism during the summer window, and rightly so for the way he and his agent tried to push a move away from Celtic Park. The unprofessional manner in which Boyata conducted his business was unacceptable. Brendan Rodgers refused to grant the player his move with a £7million deal on the table and it's proven to be somewhat of a masterstroke.

While Dembele got his move for petulance, the Celtic manager spoke of knowing when he can pull a situation back and he knew he could do that with Boyata. BUT the Irishman isn't naive, and as the player gets set to enter the last six months of his deal this January, Rodgers admits his time at Celtic is coming to an end. "Dedryck will leave at some point. You look at him now and you see he is really defined now as a player who has gained great confidence the last two years, the last 18 months in particular. "Going to the World Cup, he has proven there at a good level that he can play with world class players. "He is entering into his years at 28 where he can show it. I have always said when he is concentrated that he is a top class player."
Celtic must be doing everything in their power to bring in new defenders this January to cope with losing the Belgian for nothing in the summer.

In the meantime, Boyata has been in top form, and long may it continue. If he is set to leave, then Celtic are benefiting from a player who knows he's in the shop window.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tippabu

Cracking start that, cool finish from Eddie, knew the defender was in big trouble when the ball bounced

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on October 04, 2018, 09:34:50 AM
BRENDAN RODGERS has prepared Celtic fans for the departure of Dedryck Boyata after the Belgium International has come back into the squad and played a blinder.
The centre-back took heavy criticism during the summer window, and rightly so for the way he and his agent tried to push a move away from Celtic Park. The unprofessional manner in which Boyata conducted his business was unacceptable. Brendan Rodgers refused to grant the player his move with a £7million deal on the table and it's proven to be somewhat of a masterstroke.

While Dembele got his move for petulance, the Celtic manager spoke of knowing when he can pull a situation back and he knew he could do that with Boyata. BUT the Irishman isn't naive, and as the player gets set to enter the last six months of his deal this January, Rodgers admits his time at Celtic is coming to an end. "Dedryck will leave at some point. You look at him now and you see he is really defined now as a player who has gained great confidence the last two years, the last 18 months in particular. "Going to the World Cup, he has proven there at a good level that he can play with world class players. "He is entering into his years at 28 where he can show it. I have always said when he is concentrated that he is a top class player."
Celtic must be doing everything in their power to bring in new defenders this January to cope with losing the Belgian for nothing in the summer.

In the meantime, Boyata has been in top form, and long may it continue. If he is set to leave, then Celtic are benefiting from a player who knows he's in the shop window.

Will he be sold in Jan for big money?
Or will he go in the summer for nothing?

Captain Obvious