Kildare vs. Armagh Sun. March 22

Started by Oraisteach, March 15, 2009, 05:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

I think McKeown is too small for county football. How would he ever fair against the Kerry ff line?

Aaron Kernan, McKeever and Duffy on the half.

Vernon and Toner in the middle, but bring on McKenna with 20 mins to go.

Half forwards Martin O'Rourke Stephen Kernan Brian Mallon.

Where is Paddy McKeever? He's an option for left full forward. Henderson's one match bubble is burst.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bennydorano

Quote from: Orior on March 16, 2009, 03:55:06 PM
Where is Paddy McKeever? He's an option for left full forward.
He was in the crowd for the Monaghan game - I dont know what the set up is there?

Throw ball

Benny. From what I understand any player, injured or not, who is not in the match day 24 has to find and pay his own way into the matches. Paddy may be in that category! The credit crunch is really hitting the GAA hard!

mackers

Has the u21 match been put back to Saturday? If it is then Paul McKeown will hardly feature as he'll be lining out then I'd imagine.  Like the look of Real's 15. For me, Paul Duffy is too loose and not a good defender, Barry Shannon is further up the pecking order.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Throw ball on March 16, 2009, 08:47:07 PM
Benny. From what I understand any player, injured or not, who is not in the match day 24 has to find and pay his own way into the matches. Paddy may be in that category! The credit crunch is really hitting the GAA hard!

Fairly sure that's not true as I know of intercounty players from 2 different counties who've given free tickets to friends for matches (and fair enough that they get such tickets).

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Shortso79

Any tips / advice re location of the ground and getting parked

Throw ball

Tacadoir. I was told by county board member this was not right too but did see current Armagh panel members pay in to matches this year and it was also mentioned on another Forum.

Onlooker

Quote from: Shortso79 on March 16, 2009, 10:01:55 PM
Any tips / advice re location of the ground and getting parked
The ground is in the middle of the town on the Main Street.  I have not been there for years so I don't know what parking will be like.  I expect you could have a bit of a walk if you are not there early.

Dinny Breen

QuoteAny tips / advice re location of the ground and getting parked

From Armagh I suppose M1/M50/M7. Take the 1st Newbridge exit sign posted Newbridge/Naas South, there will be plenty of parking in the town both in the two multi-stories and on the street, however as you come into the town the church will be on your left, I'd park near there as it would allow you a quick exit especially after you lose  ;)

I'd arrive early as Kildare has a pretty big band wagon and I'd expect a big crowd on Sunday, you can't pay at the gate you have to buy a ticket first and this is generally organised chaos, the ticket booths are as you face the styles on your right hand side. There generally isn't a sign for the GAA season ticket holders but the style used is the one reserved for the Kildare supporters club and season pass holders, likewise this is on the right hand side just behind the ticket booths. Harrigans, Neesons, Coffeys and Swifts would be the best for pre-match pints.
#newbridgeornowhere

corn02

I have seen panel members in the crowd too, probably optional.

bennydorano

Not sure what the Cross players are going to bring to the party after today's performance.  A lot of people pinning their hopes on McKenna offering us more in MF(myself included), I didn't see it today, one fantastic catch followed by very little.  Niether of the McKeowns did themselves any favours either, although Aaron, Paul & Tony Kernan looked decent today - stephen offered little.  Francie & Oisin were the best that Cross had and I hear Bellew is defo coming back for Armagh.

For sunday

Hearty
A Mallon, Bellew, P Kernan
AK, CMcKeever, Shannon
Vernon, Toner
MOR, Mallon, DMCKenna
MCDOnnell, CLarke, KOR

Skiddybadoo

Liked the look of Tony Kernan today.  He picked up a lot of breaking ball and distributed it well and had a tremendous workrate.  A half forward position?  Lost confidence in Brian Mallon and MOR.  Paul Kernan also impressed (looked pacy and has filled out into an athletic player) and would like to see him in ahead of Finn.

Shortso79

The cross lads had a bad day at the office today

They still have alot to offer armagh

Shortso79

Thanks Onlooker / Dinny

Any good spots for a feed before the match

Dinny Breen

QuoteAny good spots for a feed before the match

Harrigans also do Thai and Steakhouse food..
#newbridgeornowhere