Babhta 3 Tyrone V Galway Saturday 7th March 2009

Started by rrhf, February 16, 2009, 12:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

We definately owe Galway one for the league semi-final when the conspired with the ref to rob a draw to bring us to the west. 

They'll be high on confidence after making the Dubs look like a ladies team so it has the makings of a good match.   Will Gormley be given the job of picking up Joyce?

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: tyssam5 on February 19, 2009, 02:50:11 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 18, 2009, 10:03:56 PM
Hopefully Harte will shake things up for this one after the Kerry game. Cassidy did enough during his time at full forward to deserve a chance there. Harte seems to struggle at this time of year so would maybe give him a rest. Would like to see something like this:

Devine
PJ Quinn
Joe McMahon
Conor Gormley
Martin Swift
Ryan "Hero" McMenamin
Jordan
McGinley
Justy McMahon
Tommy McGuigan
Brian McGuigan
Sean Cavanagh
Gareth Devlin
Aiden Cassidy
Mugsy

Biggest concern would be the inexperience in the full forward line but think both Devlin and Cassidy are worth a go.

What about giving McCarron a bit of time in the FB line?

Yeah would be happy enough with that. Looks good at club level and for u21's last year. Hopefully he can make the step up. Dont think he's had a chance since the Kerry game last year.

Doohicky

Another evening kick off here. I think Tyrone have 5 evening kick off's in the League this year which is seriously annoying for me.
Since I don't drive I have to stay overnight for the games.

Anyway, hopefully I can make it down for this game, but it's GFs birthday that weekend so not sure if she'll be happy with me being away since I was already away for Valentines because of teh Kerry game  :P

clarshack

Quote from: Doohicky on February 19, 2009, 08:57:55 AM
Another evening kick off here. I think Tyrone have 5 evening kick off's in the League this year which is seriously annoying for me.

Anyway, hopefully I can make it down for this game, but it's GFs birthday that weekend so not sure if she'll be happy with me being away since I was already away for Valentines because of teh Kerry game  :P

you mean throw-in?

AFS

Quote from: clarshack on February 19, 2009, 09:59:22 AM

you mean throw-in?

Sacrilege!

Doohicky

Quote from: clarshack on February 19, 2009, 09:59:22 AM

you mean throw-in?

Hangs head in shame. :-[

longball

Mickey Harte is the only man in sport that i know with two organs in his name.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

rrhf

Is it only me or does anyone else think that Galway women always look half polish?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyssam5

Take her to Galway for the weekend, if she doesn't like football there's plenty of shops. Liking the evening games myself, never used to be able to see league games on TV as an exile.

Fear ón Srath Bán

It's in Healy Park isn't it?

Yep:

Sat 7th March
Healy Park, Omagh@19:30    Tyrone    v    Galway
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omagh_gael

omaghs got good shops too! Treat her to a greasy burger outside healy park an a glass of wine in the clubroom! She'll be grand and you'll get to see the game too  ;D

ONeill

The thread starter had a Loch an Iúir education, HS. Go easy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyssam5

I thought the game was in Galway, well lets see if we can win in Omagh for a change.

Redhandfan

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 18, 2009, 10:03:56 PM
Hopefully Harte will shake things up for this one after the Kerry game. Cassidy did enough during his time at full forward to deserve a chance there. Harte seems to struggle at this time of year so would maybe give him a rest. Would like to see something like this:

Devine
PJ Quinn
Joe McMahon
Conor Gormley
Martin Swift
Ryan "Hero" McMenamin
Jordan
McGinley
Justy McMahon
Tommy McGuigan
Brian McGuigan
Sean Cavanagh
Gareth Devlin
Aiden Cassidy
Mugsy

Biggest concern would be the inexperience in the full forward line but think both Devlin and Cassidy are worth a go.

I like your thinking here, Tyrone Dreamer, and find it hard to quibble with that team.  I do think we will see changes for the Galway game and I would be pretty sure Mickey will want to try something a bit different.  The three week break should hopefully see Conor Gormley back to full fitness and I would still prefer to see him take up his familiar CHB position, with our hero Ricey dropping back into the corner.  This might help plug a few holes in what has been a leaky defence so far this year.  I like the idea of Swift moving to half back.  He is a fantastic footballer who is good on the ball and seems to love getting forward.  He does not appear entirely comfortable with a man marking role at corner back.  A switch to midfield could do Justy the world of good but we still need to find a settled full back who we can depend on come championship time.  Either of the McMahons can do a job at number three but Mickey will have to decide which one of them to keep at full back and which one has more to offer further outfield.  Devlin and Cassidy are worth a go alright at midfield, but will Brian McGuigan be fit enough to lead the attack against Galway?  I do think it would be a bit unfair to drop McCullagh for the next game.  I thought he showed very well for the ball against Kerry and woould be slightly more deserving of a starting place in that half forward line at present than Tommy McGuigan.

Galway will present another terrific challenge for us in Omagh.....I cannot wait to see if our defence can carry on where they left off in the second half against Kerry.  That Galway attack is as good as you will find anywhere in Ireland, and Tyrone may have to be clocking up a tally of 1-15 or 1-16 to win this game.  Can we hit that kind of figure without Stevie O'Neill?