Chief

Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2020, 05:21:30 PM
Quote from: Chief on August 12, 2020, 05:14:48 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2020, 04:32:15 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2020, 04:08:18 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2020, 01:00:28 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 12, 2020, 12:10:59 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2020, 10:33:46 PM

Depends what year you are looking at, Irish civil war created family's killing each other.. Basically an unknown number

White Christians in a small part of the island knocking ten bells out of each other for well over thirty years!

Let's not forget that the vast majority of white murder victims are killed by other whites.

The vast majority of Latino murder victims are killed by other Latinos.

The vast majority of Asian murder victims are killed by other Asians.

People tend to congregate with people of their own race, so they're more likely to bump into each other, have dinner together, work together, and do all manner of things together, including bad things. The reason you never hear about "white-on-white" crime is because only when it comes to black people does their race get highlighted as a factor in when they do bad things.

Directly from the CDC

2016-homicide rates for whites 2.9/100,000

2016-homicide rates for blacks 22.8/100,000

If you don't think there is a serious problem within the African American community, then you are as much part of the problem as the shooters are.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/67/wr/mm6715a8.htm

So what IS the serious problem?

The problem is that the African American community has a homicide rate that is EIGHT TIMES that of the White Community.  The bigger problem is that Sid and Eamonn and other liberals are so "woke" that they can't even admit there is a problem

They also  think that if we defund the police, pull down all the Columbus statues and rename all the John Mitchel's clubs in Ireland that these murders will somehow end overnight

Ah I'm not rising to that bait.

You've already muddled the point of this thread - I.e. police discrimination against African Americans - by twisting it into a black on black violence analysis. It's a fairly transparent and shallow tactic to discredit a legitimate complaint by an oppressed community - straight of the 70's/80's RUC playbook.

If you want to have it out about John Mitchell, switch back to the old thread and make yourself look like a dinosaur again - I'll happily have it out with you there.

RUC, Bloody Sunday, Shoot to kill, blah blah blah blah blah

Absolutely nothing to do with what we're discussing here, but keep playing the victim card if it makes you feel good about yourself

Police discrimination - seems relevant to the point of this thread to me?

What seems irrelevant to me is you confusing that theme deliberately by focusing on black on black violence in a thread focused on police discrimination.

But you know that don't you - it's a deliberate tactic to make sure we argue about that instead of police discrimination.

Your ideology and tactics are transparent and weak.

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on August 12, 2020, 05:33:32 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 12, 2020, 05:30:01 PM
Quote from: five points on August 12, 2020, 05:18:07 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 12, 2020, 05:11:27 PM

Your "argument" is that exposing a racist argument is itself racist.

It's not. I have made no argument here.

I did take exception to your attempt to frame your own racist utterance onto another poster. Your only response since is to dig and dig, increasingly aggressively and profanely.
It ain't me who's spreading racism or digging here, mate

You should really have a good look at yourself in the mirror, because what stares back won't be pretty

Own your own words. Then we move on.
A racist poster who gaslights that exposing virulent racism is itself racism is peak internet brain rot.

You probably need professional help, mate.

whitey

Quote from: Chief on August 12, 2020, 05:41:45 PM

Depends what year you are looking at, Irish civil war created family's killing each other.. Basically an unknown number

White Christians in a small part of the island knocking ten bells out of each other for well over thirty years!

Let's not forget that the vast majority of white murder victims are killed by other whites.

People tend to congregate with people of their own race, so they're more likely to bump into each other, have dinner together, work together, and do all manner of things together, including bad things. The reason you never hear about "white-on-white" crime is because only when it comes to black people does their race get highlighted as a factor in when they do bad things.

Directly from the CDC

If you don't think there is a serious problem within the African American community, then you are as much part of the problem as the shooters are.

The problem is that the African American community has a homicide rate that is EIGHT TIMES that of the White Community.  The bigger problem is that Sid and Eamonn and other liberals are so "woke" that they can't even admit there is a problem

They also  think that if we defund the police, pull down all the Columbus statues and rename all the John Mitchel's clubs in Ireland that these murders will somehow end overnight

You've already muddled the point of this thread - I.e. police discrimination against African Americans - by twisting it into a black on black violence analysis. It's a fairly transparent and shallow tactic to discredit a legitimate complaint by an oppressed community - straight of the 70's/80's RUC playbook.

If you want to have it out about John Mitchell, switch back to the old thread and make yourself look like a dinosaur again - I'll happily have it out with you there.

Absolutely nothing to do with what we're discussing here, but keep playing the victim card if it makes you feel good about yourself

What seems irrelevant to me is you confusing that theme deliberately by focusing on black on black violence in a thread focused on police discrimination.

But you know that don't you - it's a deliberate tactic to make sure we argue about that instead of police discrimination.

So when the Chicago police got the 911 call (from a Black person) about the (Black) guy with the gun in Englewood last Sunday what should they have done in your opinion

(A) Not responded at all

(B) Responded but took their time (hoping he'd be gone by the time they got there)

(C) Responded as they did, putting their own lives in danger  and were  then surrounded by a mob several hundred deep when they shot him after he shot at them

Chief

Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2020, 05:51:49 PM

Directly from the CDC

So when the Chicago police got the 911 call (from a Black person) about the (Black) guy with the gun in Englewood last Sunday what should they have done in your opinion

(A) Not responded at all

(B) Responded but took their time (hoping he'd be gone by the time they got there)

(C) Responded as they did, putting their own lives in danger  and were  then surrounded by a mob several hundred deep when they shot him after he shot at them

Slightly craftier attempt this time but your still using the classic deflection technique.

Your post sheds zero light on the theme of police discrimination - your trying, time after time, to spin this back on the African American community as their own fault.

Transparent and weak mo chara

whitey

Quote from: Chief on August 12, 2020, 06:03:15 PM

Directly from the CDC

(A) Not responded at all

Slightly craftier attempt this time but your still using the classic deflection technique.

Your post sheds zero light on the theme of police discrimination - your trying, time after time, to spin this back on the African American community as their own fault.

It's very easy for you to second guess and be a Monday morning quarterback of the police from the safety of your house 3,000 miles away

Chief

Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2020, 06:11:19 PM
Quote from: Chief on August 12, 2020, 06:03:15 PM

Directly from the CDC

(A) Not responded at all

It's very easy for you to second guess and be a Monday morning quarterback of the police from the safety of your house 3,000 miles away

Tell you what little man - open another  thread where we can discuss police response tactics to 911 calls there, as opposed to confusing a thread about police discrimination.

There's a good chap

whitey

Why would we do that?

All of this stuff is interconnected

Chief

Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2020, 06:37:48 PM
Why would we do that?

How is police discrimination against the black community, and crime rates within the black community linked?

Your hardly making the racist argument that the latter justifies the former are you?

Gmac

Quote from: Chief on August 12, 2020, 06:45:16 PM
Why would we do that?

How is police discrimination against the black community, and crime rates within the black community linked?

Your hardly making the racist argument that the latter justifies the former are you?
do you think every police shooting of a black person could be avoided ?

whitey

Why would we do that?

Not at all

Keep in mind in a city like Chicago 20% of all officers are black and the Chief is Black. For all we know the officer who shot the gunman last Sunday was black

If an officer is responding to a 911 call in what is deemed/defined (by statistics) to be a high crime area, he or she has a much greater likelihood of encountering a suspect who is armed (and willing to shoot)  than they would be  in a rich area where they are called to help get a cat out of a tree.

So what you guys refer to as "discrimination" in many cases may not be discrimination at all. They are errors or misjudgments caused by poor training or poor judgement erercized in extremely Tense and  life threatening situations

Chicago is so dangerous, Spike Lee coined the phrase Chiraq. More people were murdered in this ONE city in the last 5 years, than were murdered during the 30 years of conflict of The Troubles

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq.com/story/chi-raq-controversy-spike-lee/amp

Chief

Quote from: Gmac on August 12, 2020, 07:03:23 PM
Why would we do that?

do you think every police shooting of a black person could be avoided ?

I don't think anyone made that claim about anyone of any colour or ethnicity. Did you just pull that out of the air?

Police just shouldn't discriminate against people, it's a very simple argument - not a lot of fat on it. And if they do systemically over generations then they should expect to be reformed. Like now for example.

Chief

Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2020, 07:29:09 PM
Why would we do that?

Not at all

Keep in mind in a city like Chicago 20% of all officers are black and the Chief is Black. For all we know the officer who shot the gunman last Sunday was black

If an officer is responding to a 911 call in what is deemed/defined (by statistics) to be a high crime area, he or she has a much greater likelihood of encountering a suspect who is armed (and willing to shoot)  than they would be  in a rich area where they are called to help get a cat out of a tree.

So what you guys refer to as "discrimination" in many cases may not be discrimination at all. They are errors or misjudgments caused by poor training or poor judgement erercized in extremely Tense and  life threatening situations

Chicago is so dangerous, Spike Lee coined the phrase Chiraq. More people were murdered in this ONE city in the last 5 years, than were murdered during the 30 years of conflict of The Troubles

Doesn't explain Rodney King, George Floyd or the countless other blatant acts of violent rascism by police against African Americans.

To be clear Whitey - black people aren't making this stuff up or misunderstanding it in any way shape or form.

They see incidents for what they are - occasionally it's  well intentioned yet tragic mistakes by honest cops - but more often dirty violent racism

whitey

Quote from: Chief on August 12, 2020, 07:53:07 PM
Why would we do that?

Not at all

Doesn't explain Rodney King, George Floyd or the countless other blatant acts of violent rascism by police against African Americans.

To be clear Whitey - black people aren't making this stuff up or misunderstanding it in any way shape or form.

They see incidents for what they are - occasionally it's  well intentioned yet tragic mistakes by honest cops - but more often dirty violent racism

Yes-I completely agree and there are bad apples who never should have been let in to begin with or should have been kicked out once they were in.....no reasonable person would dispute that. Ang doing forward hopefully we'll see more and more of them kicked out

And Black people absolutely have every right to feel aggrieved for how they have been treated by certain elements of law enforcement.....no can can dispute that either

But for white liberals (who would $hit themselves 10 times over if they even had to even walk through one of these neighborhoods) to start calling for the police to be either defunded or disbanded is lunacy of the highest order. That's not what the Black community wants.....that's what THEY  want

Some of these besieged communities actually want MORE police

And for people like Eamonn or Sid or whoever start cherry picking  incidents involving the police  to create  a narrative, how is that any different from a white person cherry picking incidents of Black criminality to also create a narrative

There are 20,000,000 traffic stops in the United States every year and 99.99999% of those pass without incident. The likes of Eamonn and Sid use the 0.000001% to tar every police officer with a label that is not only very divisive, but is also becoming very dangerous

Chief

Quote from: whitey on August 12, 2020, 08:23:45 PM
Quote from: Chief on August 12, 2020, 07:53:07 PM
Why would we do that?

Not at all

Yes-I completely agree and there are bad apples who never should have been let in to begin with or should have been kicked out once they were in.....no reasonable person would dispute that. Ang doing forward hopefully we'll see more and more of them kicked out

And Black people absolutely have every right to feel aggrieved for how they have been treated by certain elements of law enforcement.....no can can dispute that either

But for white liberals (who would $hit themselves 10 times over if they even had to even walk through one of these neighborhoods) to start calling for the police to be either defunded or disbanded is lunacy of the highest order. That's not what the Black community wants.....that's what THEY  want

Some of these besieged communities actually want MORE police

And for people like Eamonn or Sid or whoever start cherry picking  incidents involving the police  to create  a narrative, how is that any different from a white person cherry picking incidents of Black criminality to also create a narrative

There are 20,000,000 traffic stops in the United States every year and 99.99999% of those pass without incident. The likes of Eamonn and Sid use the 0.000001% to tar every police officer with a label that is not only very divisive, but is also becoming very dangerous

Listen - I can't claim to speak for the black community, and would never try to.

The best I can do is analogise to here when the RUC was disbanded - it was a great thing. Fresh start for all - don't get me wrong, some of the ancient distrust lingers - but it's a vast improvement.

I can only think a wholesale reform such as that would be a good way forward in America too.

Give it whatever label you want, but new forces with ombudsman's and policing boards made up of community representatives would have least give formal redress to grievances.

J70

Directly from the CDC

The problem is that the African American community has a homicide rate that is EIGHT TIMES that of the White Community. 

I guess I didn't phrase the question properly.

WHY does this problem exist?