TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbound

I think it's up to each county board (or provincial council for provincial games) to decide how games are finished.

marty34

Quote from: westbound on October 28, 2019, 07:46:50 PM
I think it's up to each county board (or provincial council for provincial games) to decide how games are finished.

You'd think Donegal Board would have said, if another draw, we'll have extra-time.  If still a draw, we'll have penalties.

Donegal Board should say as winners are out in a week, the repaly needs to be finished on the day as to give 'their' champions a decent chance against the Cavan champions.

Cunny Funt

Is a penalty shoot out a fair way to find a county winner? i think not.

redzone

Quote from: marty34 on October 28, 2019, 07:54:06 PM

You'd think Donegal Board would have said, if another draw, we'll have extra-time.  If still a draw, we'll have penalties.

Donegal Board should say as winners are out in a week, the repaly needs to be finished on the day as to give 'their' champions a decent chance against the Cavan champions.
Both clubs didnt want it decided on a free kick shoot out. Do u think the county board should have over ruled them

marty34

Quote from: redzone on October 28, 2019, 08:27:52 PM

Both clubs didnt want it decided on a free kick shoot out. Do u think the county board should have over ruled them

Yeah, after extra-time in a replay.  Now both teams have to play again Wed night - then the winners are out again 4 days later in Ulster Club.

Lar Naparka

Why does TG4 keep flashing the message "Ta ait dúinn uilig ann" every few seconds during periods of live play? I find it extremely distracting and annoying, to put it mildly, and apart from that, it makes no sense whatever.
Anyone know what the reason  for this is?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

redzone

Quote from: marty34 on October 28, 2019, 08:46:02 PM

Yeah, after extra-time in a replay.  Now both teams have to play again Wed night - then the winners are out again 4 days later in Ulster Club.
Both clubs are happy with that scenario, and you still would have the county board over rule them. Why not let the players decide.

marty34

Quote from: redzone on October 28, 2019, 09:02:26 PM

Both clubs are happy with that scenario, and you still would have the county board over rule them. Why not let the players decide.

Why do we not just make up the rules as we go along so?

For example, a game is 30mins each way - sure if both teams are happy, they can play 45mins a half.

marty34

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 28, 2019, 08:49:26 PM
Why does TG4 keep flashing the message "Ta ait dúinn uilig ann" every few seconds during periods of live play? I find it extremely distracting and annoying, to put it mildly, and apart from that, it makes no sense whatever.

There's a place for eveyone a chara!

redzone

Quote from: marty34 on October 28, 2019, 09:19:16 PM

For example, a game is 30mins each way - sure if both teams are happy, they can play 45mins a half.

Check out cahir okanes tweets, it's explained there for u

marty34

Quote from: redzone on October 28, 2019, 09:29:15 PM
Quote from: marty34 on October 28, 2019, 09:19:16 PM

Check out cahir okanes tweets, it's explained there for u

Silly stuff - sgould be sorted after the extra-time in 2nd replay.

People on Twitter saying put their game with Cavan champions back but that's unfair - Donegal should have their championship finished on time.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: marty34 on October 28, 2019, 09:20:29 PM

That's alright Marty mo chara but there's sweet fa use in telling me what I l already know every five seconds or so! I can see the empty seats, y'know. Besides, when I'm in mo shuí ar mo thóin os comhair mo theilíse maybe 50 miles away, it can give me a pian in the said tón without a bother!  ;D

marty34

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 29, 2019, 12:10:51 AM

That's alright Marty mo chara but there's sweet fa use in telling me what I l already know every five seconds or so! I can see the empty seats, y'know. Besides, when I'm in mo shuí ar mo thóin os comhair mo theilíse maybe 50 miles away, it can give me a pian in the said tón without a bother!  ;D

Lol...it tells you you're part of it Lar Naparka....don't be left out.

Not sure why, maybe it's part of the contract ?  It's a space filler also I'd say. 

TG4 are doing some job with the club scene in fairness.  Over the years, they shown some club games.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on October 29, 2019, 09:56:22 AM

Not sure why, maybe it's part of the contract ?  It's a space filler also I'd say. 

TG4 are doing some job with the club scene in fairness.  Over the years, they shown some club games.

Since refereeing has curtailed my chances of seeing my own club games and being involved as a ref stops you in a way of enjoying the games to an extent, TG4 have enabled me to sit in front of the TV when the local club scene is done and watch the best of the clubs, those club players which don't get the attenion get to show their skills.

Plus i can have a few beers and get feck all done around the house on a Sunday!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2019, 01:49:58 PM
Quote from: marty34 on October 29, 2019, 09:56:22 AM

Since refereeing has curtailed my chances of seeing my own club games and being involved as a ref stops you in a way of enjoying the games to an extent, TG4 have enabled me to sit in front of the TV when the local club scene is done and watch the best of the clubs, those club players which don't get the attenion get to show their skills.

Plus i can have a few beers and get feck all done around the house on a Sunday!
I have absolutely no problem with any of that! But my original question remains answered. What's the point in flashing a slogan across the screen every 10 seconds or so?