Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2016

Started by Ogie, March 04, 2016, 09:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

For a new pitch, Mountrath is surprisingly wet in patches. No, it definitely couldn't cope w/ a senior double-header.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Jimmy P on September 13, 2016, 09:56:45 AM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 12, 2016, 06:40:06 PM
Both Senior B semi finals were shocking poor. It doesn't really matter who wins it- they will most likely be in for a short stay at Senior. The same was probably said of Portlaoise this year and Ballinakill before them. A team needs the exposure of senior hurling at the very least pretty lazy statement from you to be honest

Possibly,
Who do you expect to win the final?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

blueandwhite1

What are the views on the upcoming weekend?

B/K will probably feel they have another gear in the first game and R/E will be hoping that they are playing into a strong wind in both halves the next day  ;)

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on September 19, 2016, 12:04:50 PM

B/K will probably feel they have another gear in the first game and R/E will be hoping that they are playing into a strong wind in both halves the next day  ;)

Surely ballinakill have to be favorites  for this, borris played them 3 times and couldnt beat them, ballinakill have  mcdonald from slieve margy the next day i believe, are a physically stronger team,  more dogged team and mentally are a mile ahead of the borris team who have repeatedly misfired since they joined

Don Draper

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on September 19, 2016, 01:40:48 PM

ballinakill have  mcdonald from slieve margy the next day i believe, are a physically stronger team,  more dogged team and mentally are a mile ahead of the borris team who have repeatedly misfired since they joined
Where was Lir up to this point?

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: Don Draper on September 19, 2016, 02:46:17 PM

ballinakill have  mcdonald from slieve margy the next day i believe, are a physically stronger team,  more dogged team and mentally are a mile ahead of the borris team who have repeatedly misfired since they joined
Where was Lir up to this point?

Suspended in minor final, mussed junior c finaal replay for margy

blueandwhite1

Surely ballinakill have to be favorites  for this, borris played them 3 times and couldnt beat them, ballinakill have  mcdonald from slieve margy the next day i believe, are a physically stronger team,  more dogged team and mentally are a mile ahead of the borris team who have repeatedly misfired since they joined

Certainly seem to have the edge in terms of tenacity and attitude but Borris have better hurlers around the field. If they click they will win easily but never seem to be able to. Teams that depend on one man for scores are always going to be vulnerable but there is nobody would doubt Ballinakill's drive and teamwork.

finbar o tool

I see James young got banned for 24 games, at senior level only! What a f**king joke. He shouldn't be let near a hurling field again for the rest of his life. And €500 fine for the club, another joke!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Ballyroan Abbey

If there an incident at the junior semi final saturday the county board will have a lot to answer for

SpeculativeEffort

If Young could only be suspended in the grade he was playing in then how was Lir McDonald sent off in a minor game but suspended for Jhc c final and senior cship games with Ballinakill Gaels??? Someone explain that to me please!

Ogie

An absolute farce, scandalous that this is the punishment handed out to culprits & clubs involved in this behaviour in this day & age

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on September 20, 2016, 07:20:05 PM
If there an incident at the junior semi final saturday the county board will have a lot to answer for

I don't think the club (s) involved could blame the County Board if something happened. People need to take responsibility for their own actions and decisions. Clubs have a duty to control their players and supporters to.

I read in the Leinster Express that they had contacted the Garda Ombudsman for comment. That, to me, is going too far.
He did what he did on a GAA field, let the GAA sort it out. His hurling days are done and his reputation is in tatters. Interfering with his career is a step too far (IMO).

Ballyroan Abbey

The man assulted someone repeatedly with a hurl it wasnt too just a malee he attacked someone with intent to seriously hurt them, not for the first time.
The reason i bring up the county board is that he shouldnt be allowed to be there saturday, its like putting a red rag to a bull, although in fairness i do agree with you that people are responsible for their own actions,in this case though the punishment was far too lenient

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on September 20, 2016, 11:35:18 PM
The man assulted someone repeatedly with a hurl it wasnt too just a malee he attacked someone with intent to seriously hurt them, not for the first time.
The reason i bring up the county board is that he shouldnt be allowed to be there saturday, its like putting a red rag to a bull, although in fairness i do agree with you that people are responsible for their own actions,in this case though the punishment was far too lenient

I'm not disagreeing with you really just I wouldn't be jumping to excuse any lunatic who started something at Saturday's match. Whatever about him being there, it would probably be better if a close relative of his wasn't- he'd be quite likely to start something.
I'd expect the game to pass without incident.

merman

Jesus I don't know Keyser. Surely we as a society must expect some base level of conduct from our Gardaí? If it had been a primary school teacher, would a parent have a valid concern?

It's a debate much bigger than this one incident but I think we have moved away from this notion that 'what happens on the field, stays on the field.' All players must be responsible for their actions; no one more so than a Guard.

Slieve Bloom are in an interesting position now. They must surely be considering whether they need this added distraction for what will already be a charged and potentially volatile occasion? If it was me, I'd be inclined to ask him to stay away.

On the senior games; I'm again (reluctantly) siding with Borris/Kilcotton to edge Ballinakill Gaels. They still have the better hurlers and sooner or later that has to count....I think...
I'll also plump for Rathdowney/Errill in the second semi-final. It's for much the same reasons to be honest; I think if they bring their A-game then Camross could find their firing power a little too much.

Finally, I'm going to go with the underdog in the Senior B. Ive a sneaky suspicion Ballyfin Gaels could edge Castletown.