Westmeath v Armagh (Sat 08.07.17) Cusack Park, 7pm

Started by illdecide, June 26, 2017, 09:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 08, 2017, 09:06:36 PM
Armagh win two games in a row!

And 3 men are sent to the line, none of them called Forker.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stew

Quote from: Main Street on July 08, 2017, 09:03:48 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 08, 2017, 08:56:15 PM
I listened to that on radio in Spain on Midlands radio. Are them boys for real?
Define real when it comes to local radio GAA commentators.

Well done to Armagh, handy enough in the end.
Quote from: stew on July 08, 2017, 08:46:32 PM
I will take Carlow or Tipp, Monaghan will beat us handily enough and I cant wait for Mondays draw.
You can have Tipp and we'll take Carlow.

I wouldn't mind Tipp because we owe them one as we got sucker punched at the death in the league game last league season.

Obviously I want Carlow.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Oraisteach

Good one, armaghniac, though to listen to the radio announcers, Forker should be in line for the Mayweather-McGregor winner.

stew

I think we are stuck with Geezer for another two years now no matter what happens the next day.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on July 08, 2017, 09:30:32 PM
I think we are stuck with Geezer for another two years now no matter what happens the next day.
Truly a pyrrhic victory

armaghniac

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 08, 2017, 09:29:38 PM
Good one, armaghniac, though to listen to the radio announcers, Forker should be in line for the Mayweather-McGregor winner.

he was clearly slabbering and pushing and shoving. He's a good player, he made a useful contribution near the end both in a timely interception in the defence and taking the point, if only he'd stay on the field.

tonto1888

Quote from: armaghniac on July 08, 2017, 10:56:48 PM
Quote from: Oraisteach on July 08, 2017, 09:29:38 PM

he was clearly slabbering and pushing and shoving. He's a good player, he made a useful contribution near the end both in a timely interception in the defence and taking the point, if only he'd stay on the field.

He did stay on the field

Didn't see what Clarke done. Nor Morgan. McCabe was definitely a black card. Ref poor. Very inconsistent. We done well with the win but 5 points probably not a fair reflection. Westmeath had some poor wides. I'd be raging at the players if I was a Westmeath fan. The effort hey put in today compared to Dublin wasn't good. Also some of their antics today were bad. Overall happy to get away with the win. Thought we just about deserved it. Onwards we go

Main Street

From the rte report
"In a sensational start to the game, Armagh's ace attacker Jamie Clarke was black-carded for dragging back Jamie Ginoud after just 15 seconds."
;D
That must be the fastest black card ever.

T Fearon

The most ill tempered game involving Armagh since Ulster Final replay against Tyrone in 05.We got out of jail,Westmeath kicked themselves out of it after Mc Cabe's sending off,also Armagh's goal was a complete giveaway by Westmeath.

tonto1888

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on July 08, 2017, 11:39:44 PM
The most ill tempered game involving Armagh since Ulster Final replay against Tyrone in 05.

Very very debatable.

Quote from: T Fearon on July 08, 2017, 11:39:44 PMWe got out of jail,Westmeath kicked themselves out of it after Mc Cabe's sending off,also Armagh's goal was a complete giveaway by Westmeath.

Westmeath missed half a dozen scoreable chances at the end.

illdecide

TBH with 10 mins to go i could only see one winner and it wasn't Armagh but Westmeath kicked 2-3 wides that were handy enough and Armagh punished them. Armagh seemed to have to work a lot harder for their free's and on one occasion i swore he blew for a foul before the tackle was made, I genuinley believe the Ref wouldn't have taken action against some of the Westmeath players if it wasn't for the crowd shaming him into it. Armagh's bench seems to be winning them the games as they seem a lot better than the men starting and introduced at the right times they're getting Armagh over the line.

Jamie's black card was prob deserved but the shock of it after a few seconds was hard to take, James Morgan's was deserved too as his job was clearly to man mark midfielder and mark him he did...literally. Took my eye of the ball for the sending off so wasn't too sure if it was deserved not. Both teams were pulling and dragging and football quality wasn't good but it still had you on the edge of your seat
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Just home.

A great day out, over 5,000 at the match (seemed more to me) and Armagh fans must outnumbered the Westmeath fans by 3 to 1.

The referee had a bad day. Jamie shouldered the Westmeath player after the ball had gone, and the linesman called the ref over and got him black carded. Some might say that the linesman hadn't a baldy clue.

I thought really exciting match. Westmeath missed a bucket load of decent scoring chances, and whilst Armagh did at time over elaborate, they were trying to keep possession until a decent opening occurred.

Lots of good performaances all over the field, but Oisin's point was superb.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Throw ball

No idea what happened in stand.

As usual Armagh found it difficult to play against a packed defence. The back cards and frustration with officials seemed to lead to confusion in how to play among the Armagh players. Westmeath kicked themselves out of it.

As bad as I have seen Armagh play in a while Rafferty and O'Neill made a difference when they came on.

GAA football is in trouble if refereeing like this continues.  If matches like Kerry v Dublin or Monaghan v Down were refereed like that there would be a riot. I have no idea what Clarke or Morgan got black carded for as I did not see incidents. The Armagh player who got sent off should have got a yellow and black instead of 2 yellows.  I felt the black card given to the Westmeath player was a yellow. It also looked like his replacement was allowed on before the next break in play. Also, how the Westmeath player who cleaned Grimley out after he made the pass for the goal did not get booked I will never know. And is Heslin not allowed to get booked?  Worst of all though is inconsistency.

I am glad Armagh win as I can not be accused of soar grapes😀

T Fearon

The row in the stand was caused by an ould eejit wearing Armagh colours rubbing a Westmeath fan's nose in it after the Armagh goal.Three Gardai moved to defuse it. I stress it was an ould eejit who should have had more sense