Meath Searching for new Gaffer

Started by Barney, September 06, 2010, 11:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

According to RTE O'Brien was voted out tonight.

Kerry Mike

We need to Clone Mick O' , he is in great demand this year !!
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

orangeman

Quote from: Barney on September 06, 2010, 11:43:28 PM
According to RTE O'Brien was voted out tonight.

Voted out ??

Strange after ending up with a provincial title.  ;)

Shamrock Shore

Meath rarely look beyond the bawthers so I expect another Meath man to take over. I am sure some loo-lah will be looking for the great Sean Boylan (who I rank way ahead of Micko, Heffo et al) to come out of retirement.

What did O'Brien do wrong? The delegates in Meath seem to be fierce contrary.

Mario

stephenite

agorm

LMFM are saying that they are shocked with the news. If they had any idea about the feelings on the ground in the county they would not be shocked. Many Meath supporters were very disappointed at OBriens failures on the sideline in the Louth and Kildare games. He waited till 50-60 mins to do anything in games that they were being well beaten in. Going into the Kildare game he didnt plan any personnel or tactical changes even though we had essentiallly lost against Louth.

I just couldnt see him being the inspirational figure that would bring Meath the extra steps to an AIF. Maybe this is unfair on him. Personally I thought he came across very badly in the aftermath of the Louth game. He totally dismissed a replay, I thought at the time he could have shown leadership and seen the bigger picture and the benefits to the team a replay would have given.

We cannot predict the future but in my opinion our co board delegates have shown some b*lls and not just ratified the favoured nominee of our chairman. I actually didnt have a major problem with the 2 previous managers since the great Sean Boylan. Both eamonn Barry and Colm Coyle were better managers imo than Eamonn OBrien.

At  the same time I would like to thank Eamonn for his work, no hard feelings but we need to move to a new level to give any chance of getting further in the championship.

Declan

Not surprised by this at all.Wouldn't have been inspired by O'Brien at all

passedit

current Front Runner

With Backroom Team.

Don't Panic

meathie

yep most fans were hoping there would be a change I think, but resignd to the fact that County Board would keep him on another term. Thats why I was shocked to hear. I think Eamon has done all he can and as others say nothing against him really but has no guts to make changes I think. Still I was sure Co Board were to stick with him. the search begins. Id imagine they will stick with a Meath Man. Maybe Gerry Mac.

thejuice

The support of the county had gone against him but I didn't think democracy counted for much in Meath football and I'm surprised for that fact that he is gone. I'm not sure if the problem lies entirely with Eamonn or the players but against Laois, Louth and Kildare we were in command in games with decent leads and let it slip. Even against Offaly until Coughlan got sent off we struggled to stay ahead despite having plenty of possession.

He was slow to make changes when we were getting cleaned out at mid-field, Still hasn't solved our defensive problems either. BUt still we've got to thnak him. We've certainly been on an upward curve and there's no doubt he helped with that. He's brought a certain amount of pride back into the county team with wins over Limerick, Mayo, Dublin and securing a somewhat dublious Leinster title.

In regards who replaces him, I hope its not Mick O'Dwyer, Luke Dempsey, Joe Kernan or Tommy Carr. I would rather have someone younger much like Kildare have with McGeeney, someone with new ideas and has an understanding of what it takes to play at the highest level in the modern era. IF they are from within the county or elsewhere doesn't matter to me but I can't see the county board going for outside help.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Time for Meath County Board to broaden their horizons!

AZOffaly

What do you mean 'even against Offaly'? Down only beat us by 2!!