Which is the greater achievement

Started by T Fearon, April 20, 2014, 10:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Lennon against all odds and with severe financial handicaps taking Celtic to last 16 in last year's Champions League (beating Barca in the process) or Rodgers (assuming Liverpool dont implode in the last game a la 1989) winning a decidedly mediocre English premiership?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: T Fearon on April 20, 2014, 10:27:26 PM
Lennon against all odds and with severe financial handicaps taking Celtic to last 16 in last year's Champions League (beating Barca in the process) or Rodgers (assuming Liverpool dont implode in the last game a la 1989) winning a decidedly mediocre English premiership?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

T Fearon

Exactly! English premiership thus year would put you to sleep

thejuice

Surely it depends on which one is the bigger six county fenian taig.

We should see which one of them has their eyes closer together.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

BennyCake

I like to see our Neil do well, but I really couldn't give two fiddlers about the Scottish Premier. I check for Celtic's results and that's it.

Aaron Boone

By far Brendan Rodgers.

First Irish manager for 100 years to win English top division.

T Fearon

No contest.Leading a club (and Liverpool won't get out of the group stages next year) to the last 16 of the Champions League,from the Scottish premiership,trumps winning the most mediocre Premier league in its 22 year history

Farrandeelin

Quote from: T Fearon on April 21, 2014, 07:05:27 AM
No contest.Leading a club (and Liverpool won't get out of the group stages next year) to the last 16 of the Champions League,from the Scottish premiership,trumps winning the most mediocre Premier league in its 22 year history

I think winning a trophy over a 38 game season is better than getting knocked out at last 16 of any competition.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

T Fearon

By that logic then you would consider Cliftonville winning the Irish league to be superior to a team getting to the last 16 of the Champions League against all the odds?

bridgegael

cliftonville would be better than celtic anyway. a shit team in an even worse league.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

magpie seanie

It would have been good if no-one answered him.

LeoMc

I'm just wondering how the Louth man got a photo of Fearon. Now I am afraid to sleep tonight.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: T Fearon on April 21, 2014, 07:05:27 AM

You're some gimp.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.