Rate your County Board

Started by bennydorano, October 23, 2008, 09:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Armagh - We've obviously done a fair bit right over the past decade so they are not that awful, with the establishment of some good underage structures and soundcoaching programmes.  I would guess the biggest gripe with them (something I would expect to see replicated in other posts) is that they are a law unto themselves sometimes, they have a tendency to ignore the democratic wishes of delegates if the management committee thinks otherwise.

lynchbhoy

imo Derry county board are the benchmark.
if any other county board are performing in a similar manner or even below that of our Derry version, then they obviously need sacked immediately.
They are the lower band of benchmark that is....

bennydorano

Derry & Donegal do seem to be the most calamitous up north alright - with a wee shout for the good Doc in Antrim.  Cork must be the most high profile.

*meant to put this on main board - is there any way to move it?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: bennydorano on October 23, 2008, 10:12:41 AM
Derry & Donegal do seem to be the most calamitous up north alright - with a wee shout for the good Doc in Antrim.  Cork must be the most high profile.

*meant to put this on main board - is there any way to move it?

with such accuracy and efficiancy, you should apply for a position on our 'esteemed ' Derry county board !
:D

robertemmet

Leave poor Derry County Board alone. 

They do a great job. Very well organised and great at promoting our games!

Yes I am being sarcastic

mylestheslasher

Well I put Cavan up as a strong contender for the worst decision ever made, to appoint Donal Keoghan as manager of 1st the minors (where he won 1 champ game in 3 years) and then the seniors where he won 1 champ game in 2 years - both his wins against Antrim.

Prior to these appointments Donal had never even managed a club team yet Cavan County Board thought he was worth a punt.

tyrone86

Did the Derry Board ever get a full time secretary after it was re-advertised for the second or third time?

robertemmet

I head that they had got someone for the job, but after a discussion with county board officials the person decided against it

youngfella

Antrim - shocking. so many clubs so little success.

Warwickshire- Better than antrim
Pull hard and early

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 23, 2008, 11:52:17 AM
Well I put Cavan up as a strong contender for the worst decision ever made, to appoint Donal Keoghan as manager of 1st the minors (where he won 1 champ game in 3 years) and then the seniors where he won 1 champ game in 2 years - both his wins against Antrim.

Prior to these appointments Donal had never even managed a club team yet Cavan County Board thought he was worth a punt.

not for the first time I will disagree with you
ok actually I dont , but thought I'd just say that   :o
still cavan are not near as bad as Derry imo
while bad enough, at least cavan were forced to appoint keoghan because he was pumping a lot of money into the county sides

Derry have no excuse

Drumanee 1

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 23, 2008, 11:54:00 AM
Did the Derry Board ever get a full time secretary after it was re-advertised for the second or third time?

they need a bloody pro,lift the paper on a monday morning looking for results and as usual derry are the only county with no results and then if your lucky you'll get them on a wednesday :o

Minder

Well the good Doc does check in on this site, before telling the local media to shut it down.....A man more obsessed with his own ego/profile than the wellbeing of Antrim Gaa

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Armagh get a lot of abuse but I suppose they are probably one of the better boards.

A few small points would be more input needed for underage structute and start putting Championship games as double-headers! Other than that they are doing a good enough job.

full back

IMHO, Derry & Antrim are at the top of the pile

bennydorano

Quote from: corn02 on October 23, 2008, 12:35:51 PM
Armagh get a lot of abuse but I suppose they are probably one of the better boards.

Hughie Morgan's contributions to the cause probably hide other probs.