Crossmaglen Rangers

Started by sam03/05, November 25, 2007, 06:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

020304 Tir Eoghain

Who'd be the favourites for the Armagh SFC now lads?
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

Madge

Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on September 06, 2009, 12:18:04 PM
Who'd be the favourites for the Armagh SFC now lads?

The Og's would have to be. They were second in the btting anyway after Cross and now with beating them they would have to be hot favourites.

crossfire

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 05, 2009, 10:13:41 PM
Quote from: seanaglis on November 27, 2007, 10:21:48 PM
I remember playing against cross in the minors a few years ago and they had a full-back was one of the best players i ever played against, Willie clarke. He was brilliant - why is he not on the cross panel? Peter Rogers was playing too, what happened to him? Can BCB1 answer this?

I can - drink and women!!

You are a bit slow.

I answered that question almost 2 years ago on previous page.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on August 19, 2009, 12:37:30 PM
I think November 29th will see Crossmaglen playing Glennullin. I wonder what odds you would get on that now?

i hope he kept his money in his pocket. Doesnt fancy Bellaghy either obviously. tonesfirstandlast but backs other clubs in between. (cue the portglenone gag for the 146th time)
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

omagh_gael

with cross gone how will it affect Armagh next year with the cross lads available for the full NFL?

behind the wire

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on September 06, 2009, 12:02:47 AM
Glad they are gone.... wasn't always won with football!

Shows how little you know about football.

i cant think of any successful team that could win so much with good clean football. why? because its been a common occurence for teams to enter ulster championship games with the intention of kicking cross off the field, ballinderry last year was a good example. point is cross could play it whatever way the opposition wanted to play it and still come out on top. sign of a great team.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

winsamsoon

FFS lads it is easy now to sit back and take pot shots at the cross when they have finally been beaten. I don't think any of the cross lads would deny that on occassions the cross were cynical whores but as the lads have pointed out there were other teams trying the same against them.

The Cross always did what they had to do to win because it was in their mentality. I can tell you if my club would have achieved the same record as cross i wouldn't care if they have to kill the other team. So i really don't see how people can knock them for this as they had it to do to win.

On the actual Armagh championship the ogs will of course be bookies favourites but they are no cross. The stigma that cross had is not with the ogs. Last night there were players from all other clubs in the championship at the game. They weren't saying that is an awesome ogs teams but they were saying the championship is now wide open. The og's will get the next game the play just as tight. Now i am not saying they are not going to win it but they have a long road to go "one swallow doesn't make a summer" and all that. Whoever the og's get in the next round will give them all they want. The og's will be high on confidence but it can quickly be brought down to earth. But that is all in the future and for a change it is without Cros. For the benefit of the  other clubs this is a good thing
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

wheres he takin er from

fair due's to cross. Great team, finally lost a game doesn't mean they're gone. Surely they'll be ragin hot favourites this time next year in armagh, refreshed and remotivated. On a side note i absolutely adore going to ulster club games in cross and pints afterwards. Gonna miss it this year. :(
First on the field and last to leave

orange2009

Crossmaglen captain Aaron Kernan and Pearse Og Manager Brendan Hughes react to the Ogs historic victory over Crossmaglen at the weekend

http://armagh-gaa.com/Armagh-TV/News/More-reaction-from-Crossmaglens-defeat.aspx

thebandit

Quote from: orange2009 on September 07, 2009, 09:42:11 AM
Crossmaglen captain Aaron Kernan and Pearse Og Manager Brendan Hughes react to the Ogs historic victory over Crossmaglen at the weekend

http://armagh-gaa.com/Armagh-TV/News/More-reaction-from-Crossmaglens-defeat.aspx

Those clips are very good, the ulster website stuff has been very good this year as well.

robertemmet

Crossmaglen are a brilliant outfit, they are a club that everyone else are envious of.  I am sure they will be back again with the tremendous conveyor belt of youth they have.

Family guy

What club did johnny murtagh play with before he went to play for cross,and at what age did he move???

crossfire

His father Raymond was from Cross but went to live in Cullyhanna when he got married.
John played underage for Cullyhanna until he was about 15.
His father then built a bungalow on his home place in Cross and the family moved back there.
John then transferred to Rangers.
The current Rangers manager Donal is his uncle.

Family guy

Rocky Mc Guigan

I'm sure many's a steward at the venues around Ulster glad to see the back of this arrogant bunch of players and officials