Premium Seat At Croke Park.

Started by Bud Wiser, August 07, 2010, 08:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

I see now that the owners of Premium Seats in Croke Park are holding a meeting in Jury's Hotel to form an alliance to object to the increase in the price from €7,500 up to €13,200 per ticket to see about three or four games a year.   Well well well.  I hope they are increased up to twenty five thousand euro.

It might do these new renegades,  who have become so because their fat cash cows have been taken from them, well to remember that when they first bought their tickets that in doing so they became, as part of their contract, shareholders in The Cusack Club Limited.  In 2004/05 I urged everyone to attend the AGM of that company held in one of the suites in the Hogan stand and some of you will remember that I reported on this board that the only people who turned up was a woman who had traveled all the way from Meath, a man to boiled a kettle to make tea to go with the stale Jacobs Cream Crackers and myself.

At that time I wanted clubs to have first call on tickets if they became available because the manager of my clubs senior team and also chairman of the club was on a waiting list and still is while the fat cats were dictating the price of tickets.

The meeting was abandoned, no quorum, and reconvened and I was advised there was no point in attending.  That was exactly what the GAA wanted. The Cusack Club Limited was dissolved in 2005 (not having filed accounts since 2003) and the rest is history so it is a bit late in the day for those who did not attend the meeting they should have attended to be starting a campaign now. Of course at that time they had Rugby and Soccer as an incentive to spend banks money that the taxpayers are now paying for.  What goes 'round comes 'round

Basicly, what happened was the Assets of The Cusack Club Limited were transferred to another company who would have control of all the new bars in the stands along with control of the sale of Premium Seats and those who could have prevented it were the shareholders in the Cusack Club.   
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Gaffer

I am one of the 1500 on that waiting list having put my name down 3 years ago. However things have changed since then with the introduction of Priomh which allows me to buy Premium seats online and on most occasions get brillant seats in or close to the middle of the stadium for the 2 or 3 matches I would be interested in attending throughout the year. If Croke Park rang me now and offered me 2 seats theres no way I would have been buying them even if the price had remained at 7500 euros.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

isourboydownyet

my friend paid 100 euro at the beginning of this year to be a memeber of the prem club which allows him to buy unused prem tics for all matches,he got a email from croke park offering him the choice to buy a prem ticket for either 3,5 or 10 years.it was my thinking that there was a long waiting list to buy a premier ticket.

Bud Wiser

And I think that Croke Park are going to find that out themselves very quickly when the renewal dates get closer.  Now, I am not blaming Peter McKenna and I agree, as he said himself, he is the friendly face of business.  I had five year term and when they were up I could not commit to renew because I was in hospital with serious illness.  Then while I was recovering Peter made me an offer of only having to commit to one years term and see how I got on. 

After that time they introduced bars at all levels, tickets became easier to get and there is little difference between a Premium Seat and an actual seat anywhere in the stadium other than you are guaranteed a seat.  I wonder if they have bargained for the exodus of Premium Seat holders to Aviva now that the soccer and Rugby will be played there. 

Can you explain Priomh to me ?

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 07, 2010, 09:26:11 AM
And I think that Croke Park are going to find that out themselves very quickly when the renewal dates get closer.  Now, I am not blaming Peter McKenna and I agree, as he said himself, he is the friendly face of business.  I had five year term and when they were up I could not commit to renew because I was in hospital with serious illness.  Then while I was recovering Peter made me an offer of only having to commit to one years term and see how I got on. 

After that time they introduced bars at all levels, tickets became easier to get and there is little difference between a Premium Seat and an actual seat anywhere in the stadium other than you are guaranteed a seat.  I wonder if they have bargained for the exodus of Premium Seat holders to Aviva now that the soccer and Rugby will be played there. 

Can you explain Priomh to me ?

it used to be the case that if you were a existing premium ticket holder you could go onto the croke park web site and buy premier tickets from holders who would not be using there ticket on that particular day,the owner would get i think 15 euro put into there account (which you could only spend inside croke park) and the buyer would pay face value which for this years semi finals is 60 euro.at the beginning of this year they opened it up to the public so if you paid 100 euro you became a member of the priomh which will allow you to buy these spare tickets.

Minder

Saw a fella selling two premium tickets for less than face value outside Quinns before the hurling final last year. There is going to be no problem getting tickets, even for the finals, for the forseeable future.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

isourboydownyet

yeah you will get tickets for most matches but the football final will be hard to buy online

Gaffer

If for example, you owned 2 seats on Premium Level and couldn't make it to a match you can post your 2 seats online to be bought by either (a) other premium seats holders who need more seats for that match or (b) by Priomh members who dont own any seats but paid 100 euros at start of this year to be eligible to buy them for this year.

Now if your 2 sears are sold you get the money for only one of them. Croke park get the money for the other one. So last weekends semis were selling online for 45 euros each. My mate sold his 2 seats online and picked up 45 euros out of the 90 euros the buyer paid for them.

Nice wee earner for Croke Park.

paddypastit

Gaffer, your mate did not get 45 euro for his tickets - he had 45 euro credited to his Priomh account that he could spend in the bars etc in ythe Premium level. IN other words the only way that he could realise the value of the tickets that he didn't use and therefore sold is to spend it on Croke Park products / services.

I have a ticket - next year is the last year - and in the current climate find it impossible in my head to justify shelling out all that dosh given the many alternate routes to getting a ticket. I'm in the 'don't care where I sit as long as I get a ticket' territory
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

isourboydownyet

Hogan Stand Premium Level Tickets
Hi ****

A limited amount of premium level seats have come up for sale.

These seats are in the Hogan Stand and can be purchased for a period of 3, 5 or 10 years.

To register your interest in purchasing premium level tickets on a long term basis please respond to this email.

forward to a friend  |  unsubscribe from this newsletter

Croke Park Stadium, Dublin 3, Ireland
t: + 353 (0) 1 819 2300 - f: + 353 (0) 1 819 2313 - e: info@crokepark.ie

this is the email my friend recieved from croke park,because he is in the priomh club does that mean he gets to jump the 1500 Q waiting on prem seats?

rrhf

I have been in a waiting list for 2 premium seats since July 2003, or believed I had been.  I made a dozen re- enquiries until about 2006 and was told none were available.  A friend who has no connection to GAA but would be in the know amongst the Rugby fraternity got offered 2 after 2 phonecalls in the year that the rugby soccor thing started.  He done it to prove to me how hypocritical the GAA had become.  He then offered the tickets to me to buy.  They can shove their tickets up their jacksie.

Bud Wiser

Aint I some shit stirrer aqll the same for starting this thread  ;)

red hander

Quote from: isourboydownyet on August 07, 2010, 09:36:11 AM
yeah you will get tickets for most matches but the football final will be hard to buy online

I'd say you'll have NO chance of buying online for the final ... unless it was some tout on eBay

Gaffer

But  you will get them on the day around Dublin