Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Kev

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on September 05, 2016, 04:07:50 PM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 05, 2016, 02:46:19 PM
Quote from: The Trap on September 05, 2016, 02:00:12 PM
Fuzzman - did you see Sean playing for Moy yesterday? Having said that what county players have stood out in the club championship????? The Killyclogher, Trillick and Dromore boys.........you would expect a lot more from them but most seem to only care about the county jersey which is sad really.
To be brutally honest if you took the 2 cavanaghs off the Moy team they'd be anchored at the bottom of the junior division . Sad but true !

They played four starred games this year without the Cavanagh's. Drew with Dungannon and Derrylaughen. Lost by a point to Moortown and Donaghmore. Not really results you'd be expecting from a team anchored at the bottom of junior. Aghaloo beat Donaghmore and Moortown are at half strength . I was there yesterday and young Coleman is about the only other player I'd give a senior jersey to !

Tyrone Dreamer

You sure you were at the game yesterday? The moys two best players on the day were neither Coleman or the cavanaghs. And one of the two players played sigerson this year and the other is a former Tyrone u21 so they've played at a decent level before.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 05, 2016, 02:57:34 PM
Quote from: The Trap on September 05, 2016, 02:00:12 PM
Fuzzman - did you see Sean playing for Moy yesterday? Having said that what county players have stood out in the club championship????? The Killyclogher, Trillick and Dromore boys.........you would expect a lot more from them but most seem to only care about the county jersey which is sad really.
The two mccanns and mark bradley where all every good for killyclogher.
Lee Brennan was good for trillick, and even though he was injured and didnt start, matty was good when he came on.

I was impressed with Ryan McKenna for Eglish too, 4 from play from WHB. Did he walk away from the county of his own choosing or what was the story?

He opted off before Championship in 2015. We are well stocked for wing backs though with the likes of Brennan, Harte, McCann, McNabb, Sludden, Tierney, Monroe, McGeary etc and I don't think he is better than any of those.

I haven't seen anything yet from Conall McCann for him to show he's good enough for the level we aspire to be at but he's still pretty young and inexperienced at this level and Mickey certainly seems to rate him.

How did Joe McMahon and Danny McNulty do yesterday?

Tyrone Dreamer

Conall McCann has yet to show any potential in a Tyrone jersey. But he has looked good for Killyclogher in big championship games. Seems to have decent hands is tall athletic and alright feet. Sometimes just doesnt seem to get stuck in enough. Wouldn't mind seeing him given a go at full forward in the McKenna cup and try some direct ball in.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2016, 10:53:43 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on September 06, 2016, 10:46:17 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/37293130

Did this happen last year too?

Think it was just dragged out last year.

He's here for another year and if we build on this year I'm sure the job is his if he still wants it. Bit of a snub as I certainly believe he is the only man for the job right now.

southtyronegael

no it didnt. county board let each club delegate vote on it but it was obviously rigged as only 3 clubs voted against him. great to see the county board stand up to this chancer.

Aaron Boone

Tyrone should have been preparing for an All-Ireland final. It was a painful loss to Mayo.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 06, 2016, 11:43:45 PM
Tyrone should have been preparing for an All-Ireland final. It was a painful loss to Mayo.
well they arent but mickey was still looking for a second extension. glad  the county board stood up to him.

The Bearded One

For the record it's the County Committee that made this decision. A committee made up of club delegates plus elected persons. How many clubs were afforded a chance to debate this before instructing their delegate on how to vote? How many clubs were actually in attendance to vote?
It is what it is. Presumably.

southtyronegael

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 07, 2016, 12:06:34 AM
For the record it's the County Committee that made this decision. A committee made up of club delegates plus elected persons. How many clubs were afforded a chance to debate this before instructing their delegate on how to vote? How many clubs were actually in attendance to vote?
how many people make up the county committee? i thought the vote last year was made up of a delegate from each club. 46 odd clubs but only 3 went against harte. it all sounds a bit behind closed doors and shady kind of thing.

longballin

Reliably told Club Tyrone threatened to pull their funding if he wasn't ratified last time. Don't worry the blanket is here to stay... 

bigpackiechestout

Would the players have been consulted in this decision? I would guess not as any noises made in the media from the players over the past year or two have been nothing but positive about Harte and the current set up so I'd find it hard to believe they would be against extending his current deal.

I think the arrogance of the county board in relation to Mickey over the past year or two is ridiculous. If he stepped down, who do they think could step up to take up reigns? Peter Canavan? Raymond Munroe? Should we appoint Malachy O'Rourke and get involved in the local GAA managerial merry-go-round?

I think the general bemusement expressed on social media from the rest of the country illustrates how bizarre this situation it.